We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesdart points LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

dart points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shaggy

shaggy

dart points Empty
PostSubject: dart points   dart points EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:54 am

hi guys

im play superleague darts with a young kid and he uses a longer point on his darts.i threw his darts for a bit and it felt quite nice.the only problem is that i use a medium stem and if i put long points on them its gonna feel really long.so it would have to be a short stem and long points.

has anyone used long points and if so what length and what did u think?does it change the balance of the dart or does it make no difference at all??
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

dart points Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart points   dart points EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 am

I have used long points before as I throw my darts pretty hard and I didnt like my darts burying in the board up to the barrel.

I never really noticed any difference in the balance, but I dont think about the balance when I do things like that.

I would suggest that if you put longer points in, that you experiment with stem lengths.

Throw say 100 darts with medium stems, then throw 100 with short stems and see how they feel.

When I set a new set of darts up, I look at the overall length of my dart. Then I use a length stem that makes the dart a similar length to my old set.
Back to top Go down

dart points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1