We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesThick dart vs Thin dart !!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! Empty
PostSubject: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:27 am

I use to be adamant that my dart be under 7mm. Now I use 7mm Rasta's Pro Red Dragons. I use to worry about fitting 3 in the bed. I notice Phil Taylor and John Lowe have done quite well with their fat darts. Granted most pro's use a thinner dart! Hmmm whats your thoughts on this? 6mm vs 7mm . Yeah and Hamilton seems to be doing well also.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:45 am

I think sometimes I find the thicker dart more comfy to hold really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 am

Mac's brother throws some of the fattest darts I've ever seen and he gets three in the double bull. I'm sure a thinner dart helps by offering more room for other darts. However, I think having a dart that fits your style comfortably holds more weight because it will result in more consistency when throwing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:56 am

Personally, I find this darts leave a lot more room in the segments for me. My darts go in the board like Deano's. Flat and straight. So if i have small darts there is more room for me. Phil's darts are fat and they work for his type of throw. His darts land flight down. So the incoming dart just has to hit right above the darts already in the board and they are guided into the trebles. Phil also did pretty well with his thin darts so I guess it really doesn't matter for him.

I think it's all personal choice but when people start going a bit too heavy I think it hurts them. We are trying to hit very small targets and throwing anything above 26 grams just doesn't leave much room. I'm talking about the average player here. Not all of us can duplicate the throw of Phil or Lowe.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:03 am

I feel more comfortable with a thin dart. I feel I have more control over it.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:38 am

Heavy darts don't neccasarilly mean fat darts. I like a thin dart,under 6mm. I have a few darts that are 7.14mm and they throw fine too. I don't think there is any advantage to either fat darts or thin darts,it all depends on individual preference. We all have a different idea of what is best
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 am

I hear ya Spat.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm

The reality of this is that it is the point that goes into the board not the barrel so to be fair you should be able to fit 3 of any darts currently on the market in to the treble and even more so if you have points over 26mm long.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 am

Big Gun wrote:
The reality of this is that it is the point that goes into the board not the barrel so to be fair you should be able to fit 3 of any darts currently on the market in to the treble and even more so if you have points over 26mm long.
Nice one Kevin- I hadn't thought about the point length but ya right (again Very Happy ) I use 30mm Storms so I'm okay there.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:26 am

Oh yes for sure that is why my old mate Justin Pipe uses his long points to avoid blocking the bed. He has them specially made too. You see I'm not just a pretty face lol or should that say I'm not even a pretty face ha ha
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:04 am

Big Gun wrote:
Oh yes for sure that is why my old mate Justin Pipe uses his long points to avoid blocking the bed. He has them specially made too. You see I'm not just a pretty face lol or should that say I'm not even a pretty face ha ha

Your not too bad..............................................................for an ogre! lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 am

i waiver between the two, but the fact of the matter is that they both have advantages. You can stack bigger darts more easily but thinner darts can fit more easily into a small spot
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I agree with grip on this one....I have more control with darts that are a little on the cubby side.....just like women....you need a little to grab onto!!!!! lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
I agree with grip on this one....I have more control with darts that are a little on the cubby side.....just like women....you need a little to grab onto!!!!! lol on floor

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!   Thick dart vs Thin dart !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thick dart vs Thin dart !!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1