We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAre you throwing slippery darts? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Are you throwing slippery darts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Are you throwing slippery darts? Empty
PostSubject: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Can' stand slippery darts, I must have at the least a level 4 grip.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 am

Slippery darts eh, hmmm I think a lot is governed by the natural grip of the fingers, which will be determined by the natural oils and moisture/sweat levels and probably the fleshiness and prominence of the finger prints.

I have thrown smooth darts like the Jenkins and had no trouble with the grip and found that really aggressive razor grip darts put me off.

The Target Sprints I'm using have a fairly aggressive grip but probably a level 4, but I like the grip on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
madzkymadz

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I used Harrows Assassin in my early darts days and it was slippery. It was level 3ish grippy. My current setup is level 4ish according to larry Smile
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

I have played with Ted Hankey darts and Terry Jenkins, and for me, I have more grip on them then a dart that is ringed or sharked.

They dont slip in my hand as the others with "grip" does.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I just got some Shot 803 darts and some Robert Thornton darts. Both sets have a knurled grip.

The knurl on the Shot darts is in thin rings but wide rings on the Thorntons. The Shots feel very grippy but the Thorntons feel slippy???
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 pm

I have had brand new knurled darts that felt like they had no grip, to look at you would think they would grip like the proverbial to a blanket.
I guess a lot must depend on an individuals skin on their fingers, working outside fixing railways and doing manual labor, the skin on me fingers feels like old boot leather so I guess I need a more aggressive grip (or may use some of the wifes moisturizer cream?) belly dancer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 am

Misleading title.

Are we to assume you meant smooth darts?

Which i always thought would be slippery myself.

Until I tried them.....
Back to top Go down
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:37 am

During the height of the Canadian winter months my hands get cracked and dry. This is when I notice that I am prone to that SLIPPERY sensation of watching my flailing dart waggle its way to the board or it taking off from hand, way before normal.

To fix this I bring a moisturizer hand cream to be applied before I play and after I wash my hands. This has made a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 am

I'm with Larry. I need an aggressive grip on my darts. I am not a fan of the slippery darts at all
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 pm

I have a habit of licking my dart fingers even when I'm not playing, so my fingers are always gripless. To over come this, I eat sugar free mints while I play darts and lick my fingers before each set of 3 darts. This gives me grip regardless of the type of grip on the dart.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I am with you Jimbo.
I lick my fingers after each set of darts. Rub my fingers and thumb together, till they are damp and warm.
I use sugar free spearmint chewing gun instead of mints.
Always put some fresh gum in at the start of the game.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Oi Larry you leave my Hankeys alone or i'll whip out my 9mm!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 pm

The other night a player at the pub had some walmart specials and I swear to God they were soo slippery they slipped outta my hand twice just looking at them. No wonder he was all over the place.

Look if the Hankey's and Jenkins work for you then by all means throw them. Just not for me. Tires have tread right for grip! I know what ya gonna say the race car tires are smooth, yep and they go back and forth keeping them hot so the rubber adheres to the road.

In the end just throw what your comfy with and if it has enough grip for ya fine.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 pm

You must have really dry hands Larry!
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
The other night a player at the pub had some walmart specials and I swear to God they were soo slippery they slipped outta my hand twice just looking at them. No wonder he was all over the place.

Look if the Hankey's and Jenkins work for you then by all means throw them. Just not for me. Tires have tread right for grip! I know what ya gonna say the race car tires are smooth, yep and they go back and forth keeping them hot so the rubber adheres to the road.

In the end just throw what your comfy with and if it has enough grip for ya fine.

lol! only tounge in cheek as ever with me fella! Smile

Truth is my Hankey's will probably never be a match set but I like throwing them every now and again. Got six sets at home with differing grip levels it's just nice to throw them all from time to time - my Priestleys are on their way to Hatrick at lunch time today!
hatrick
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:39 pm

getagrip wrote:
You must have really dry hands Larry!

Well most people have dry hands not dripping with sweat. I do lick me fingers here and there.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 pm

get some rubber heat shrink-trim to fit barrel-heat=custom grip sleeve that molds itslef to the darts contour.voila!, can find it at local electro-mechanical supply house and is easy on the wallet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you throwing slippery darts?   Are you throwing slippery darts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you throwing slippery darts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1