We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow to relax when throwing LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How to relax when throwing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

How to relax when throwing Empty
PostSubject: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am

Ok how do you all relax when you are at a crucial point in a match. Anyone use visual imagery? Where you imagine a picture of something relaxing or away from the situation? I tend to imagine a favourite walk with my dog...a happy memory etc........ It can be very effective..try it!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 am

Its something I need to learn I think, I'm sure I tense my arm far too much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 am

I stand behind the other player staring at the floor, normally focus on a certain bit of carpet or a mark on the floor etc....... it works for me
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 am

as above , couple of deep breaths then throw
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 am

I haven't figured out a way yet lol. But when I do it's on.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 am

I focus on the board and any tiny spot that I can.
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 am

I focus on the target ive to hit and think to myself in practice i put 3 darts in that Double

often without any hassle.. its so easyyy so lets hit the Bugger with one dart LOL
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:36 am

I imagine I'm under water and everything just moves in slow motion. Last night at league for instance I was running a mile a minute, throwing without thinking and couldn't hit #$%^. Captain says, "Slow down. Think about where you're aligning your feet."

Stepped up doing my underwater routine and put two on the wire to D16 and one in D8 on the wire to D16. Didn't make the 32 but all three darts were within 5mm of where I was aiming which for me is pretty amazing under pressure (or NOT under pressure lol).
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 am

Im kinda like Chalk in that manner. Not the nerves but i catch myself rushing every once in a while. Slow down, take a breath and concentrate
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 am

OK new technique...next league match you play imagine grips avatar picture.......it will take your mind out of the stress you are in...plus it will make you smile.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 am

Bovrilheid wrote:
OK new technique...next league match you play imagine grips avatar picture.......it will take your mind out of the stress you are in...plus it will make you smile.

Unfortunately the rush of blood from my brain might make me dizzy. And where it ends up might throw my balance off. ;)
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:19 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:
Bovrilheid wrote:

Unfortunately the rush of blood from my brain might make me dizzy. And where it ends up might throw my balance off. ;)

fair point and you might get so excited you cannae reach the board to get yer dart oot!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stevec180

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:34 am

Goofy wrote:
I stand behind the other player staring at the floor, normally focus on a certain bit of carpet or a mark on the floor etc....... it works for me

I'm the same but tend to focus on one of my flights and try to shut off from what's going on around me. It seems to work for me!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 am

Bovrilheid wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:
Bovrilheid wrote:

fair point and you might get so excited you cannae reach the board to get yer dart oot!!!!!!!!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:47 am

stevec180 wrote:
Goofy wrote:

I'm the same but tend to focus on one of my flights and try to shut off from what's going on around me. It seems to work for me!

Good point Steve. I think that is quite common....I find it quite difficult at times to ignore matches going on on close boards
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:27 pm

some good stuff here, I have been over thinking which has hurt me lately. Thinking gotta extend me arm, extend me arm and follow through. I need to just chuck the dam things and leave it alone .
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:29 pm

yes Larry, in the words of the great master Bruce Lee "Don't Think! Feeeeel!!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Or as I usually say, let the darts lead you on the right path, dont think, just feel the dart, just feel the flow and it will be great =)
Back to top Go down
Pearce161

Pearce161

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 am

ive been trying a more relaxed stance which seemed to work well the other week then i noticed weds night that my usual stance had crept back in! As for when standing behind my opponent i tend to check my flights for splits even if i'm sure there aren't any. I know ppl say u shouldnt watch ya opponent throw and to play the board etc but i like to watch....if they hit a good score it tends to fire me up sometimes and same if they wire a double i think right i'm gonna get this and its gonna hurt cos you shouldve had it things like that to help my focus. Doesn't always work like as can sometimes make me try too hard but i'd say it helps me more often than hinders.
Back to top Go down
Spec-Chum

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 am

I was speaking to scotty waites about this on Friday night and he said everyone plays well in their bedroom so just imagine its just you in your bedroom throwing at the board. Just imagine the 2 walls either side of you and concentrate on the board and only the board.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 am

I try and pump myself up and say to myself " self you got this, think of being at home shooting on your own board".....lot of the time it works and some times I'm real close to where I'm aiming for!!! Thinking of Avatar's doesn't work....makes me drink more...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to relax when throwing   How to relax when throwing Empty

Back to top Go down

How to relax when throwing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1