We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesThrowing Fast... LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Throwing Fast...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 am

Every one loves seeing a fast player on form they hit a lot of 180s but can sometimes come unstuck on the doubles. but that is also the fun part hahaha it just got me thinking what Dart on the market is perfect for for a Fast player ??

MVG darts are nice but you have to have your fingers in the same place each time is a Knurled barrel the best way forward for throwing fast?

interesting topic as there is more and more fast players coming through and entertaining us.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 am

Something along the lines of Kings would be easy to find the same spot quickly. Would all depend on your grip though.
Back to top Go down

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 am

good call but the sometimes your always worrying about where to grip on scalloped darts i was thinking something like a harrows magnim or mardle darts
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:49 am

Good topic,getting MvG so let you know after using carrera's,i throw fast when im not on a finish and i slow down on the doubles if that what you mean,but sometimes when i know the score to hit the double i play fast,its question about learning the ways to the double and finish them... Sometimes it work's other times it fails many times.

And answering about the darts,depens on your grip im my opinion.

Greetings Eslotes
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:57 am

lion180 wrote:
good call but the sometimes your always worrying about where to grip on scalloped darts i was thinking something like a harrows magnim or mardle darts

I had a few quick throws with a few of sets in.my collection and found that the best with my grip were my unicorn strikers and my hexo's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 am

I have a friend who throws smooth hex's hes all over the place but at times brilliant. Nothing personal to each his own but thats one dart I wouldn't buy. I tried his and was all over the place to- just couldn't throw them. Anyway many 180's to ya Hamo!
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 am

I throw fast. I luckily have the same grip as MVG himself so they're easy to hold every time. They are surprisingly easy to grip as the smooth bits make you move your fingers to them places.

I either score heavy with no double but score so I have more goes at the double
Or no scoring and 100% on the doubles.

When both work I could play eyes closed and win hitting 90+ average each leg
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:27 am

Skyblueadam wrote:
I luckily have the same grip as MVG himself so they're easy to hold every time. They are surprisingly easy to grip as the smooth bits make you move your fingers to them places.
Nice to read that.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 am

I'd have thought a Klaasen or Priestley type dart would be good, even if your fingers slip you would still be able to push off the front 'bulb' part.

Other than that I would thing a shark grip dart, grab and throw.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 am

Saber wrote:
I have a friend who throws smooth hex's hes all over the place but at times brilliant. Nothing personal to each his own but thats one dart I wouldn't buy. I tried his and was all over the place to- just couldn't throw them. Anyway many 180's to ya Hamo!

I don't use them as my main dart for the exact same reason Laughing although there's a man on our team and he's constantly lethal with them.but he has used them for years and years.....ill stick to my phase twos anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 am

I can't throw fast so I prefer not to comment. lol
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:28 pm

i also throw fast. w/ 15g brass. coo thing bout fast is there's only one factor, where you throw. all variables while in flight are a lot less influential. lighter the better imo. dart should still be accelerating all the way to the board.

i believe you can further exploit this by holding the dart in front of the CoG. the nose will pitch forward and be on it's way up when it hits (like taylor in a way)

my only complaint is u gotta throw more like you're throwing a jab... which can become tiring. i haven't been able to find the consistency and accuracy when throwing like a paper airplane (when done fast)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm

I have tried to throw fast but just cant do it, my throw is more gentle and loopy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
loopdogg

loopdogg

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:28 am

getagrip wrote:
I have tried to throw fast but just cant do it, my throw is more gentle and loopy.
hey, i resemble that remark.... rolling eyes
you gotta get a grip reel tight to throw fast lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:43 am

I think that you got to have the same grip every time and custom darts to suite your grip. I have the same grip and pace as MVG so am very lucky that I don't have to spend £50+ on customs. Ady Lewis is a good example. Every week in the premier league so far, he's thrown slow, against MVG, he sped up and hit 100+ average.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

I think its something that has to feel natural though, not sure its something you can develop but could be wrong on that.
Back to top Go down
basketcasE

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 am

try aiming like a gun using three points: fin, tip, point on board.

this will promote a faster throw naturally.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 am

basketcasE wrote:
try aiming like a gun using three points: fin, tip, point on board.

this will promote a faster throw naturally.

I will try it when my sciaitca goes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Throwing Fast... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Fast...   Throwing Fast... Empty

Back to top Go down

Throwing Fast...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1