We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMy Custom Darts  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

My Custom Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Was writing about them in the blog but thought the darts Nutz crew might get a kick out of seeing a pic.

What do I call them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
Saber

Saber

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 am

Enforcers or Thunders ! nice looking arrows and storm points would be even better IMO
Back to top Go down
aboji

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 am

I like the black/green colour scheme! Very smart looking!
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Enforcers or Thunders ! nice looking arrows and storm points would be even better IMO

I dont use the point in my grip at all so maybe they would be wasted? Best dart I have ever thrown btw.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:39 am

Custom? they have McCoy on the barrels, or are you talking about how you have them set up?

Dave's Dingers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

How about Hammers. They look similar to his darts.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 am

getagrip wrote:
Custom? they have McCoy on the barrels, or are you talking about how you have them set up?

Dave's Dingers!

umm..or maybe the green paint? :-P
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 am

The Mean Green Machines
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:01 pm

the_cutter wrote:
The Mean Green Machines
or even just green machines. Not bad!!

Some nice suggestions!! Maybe the abominable throw things?

Either way very much loving these darts!!
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm with jimbo they look like hamiltons darts on a diet
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:15 pm

I cant see the green paint? looks black to me, have you got a closer pic?

I thought that was how they came actually lol I dunno
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
The Rage

The Rage

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah must be the lighting, nice arrers mate Smile Customised McCoy darts yeah? Smile
Back to top Go down

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 am

Definitely a candidate for some black, smooth 26mm Target Storm points. I think they would look incredible!
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:37 am

Winmau wrote:
Definitely a candidate for some black, smooth 26mm Target Storm points. I think they would look incredible!

Yeah I was reading the review that someone posted that I didn't quite get about them being a little kinder to flights and having less bounce outs.
How much do they cost? I've looked at the Target website and found them but saw no hint of how to buy them. I checked out my local shop and they don't carry them.
Any suggestions on where to get them that takes PayPal?

Once I pay for the points and the re-pointing (since I have no means to do that at home) they will cost more than the darts, but then again the paint cost close to as much as the darts did so yeah very much considering the storm points.

As for the green looking more green I can maybe try a new photo later?
Back to top Go down

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 am

The points are less then $10. Repointing them should be very cheap. I see that you're in Toronto. There HAS to be a dart shop around there somewhere?? They could do it?
A180 sells Target Storm points and takes Paypal. They will also fit the points to any dart for around $5. Of course, you'll be without your darts for 2 weeks.
But in the long run, the money you save on flights will pay for the points. Your darts are PERFECT candidates for Storm points.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:05 am

Winmau wrote:
The points are less then $10. Repointing them should be very cheap. I see that you're in Toronto. There HAS to be a dart shop around there somewhere?? They could do it?
A180 sells Target Storm points and takes Paypal. They will also fit the points to any dart for around $5. Of course, you'll be without your darts for 2 weeks.
But in the long run, the money you save on flights will pay for the points. Your darts are PERFECT candidates for Storm points.

There is a shop, but they dont carry them. A new shop is opening tomorrow so just waiting for conformation they carry the points. Last I checked A180 only took PayPal on USA orders..and besides Im not sure I could handle 2 weeks throwing the black widows or Barney hero gold or getting the Phase 6s back from my sister. They are all great darts, but their not the McCoys...

Back to top Go down

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:34 am

Pretty sure A180 would accept payment from Paypal no matter where you are??

I say buy the points... 26mm, black, smooth. Than have the dart shop install them for you.

You'll thank me later.

But let's have some more thoughts.... members????
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 am

Buy your own re-pointer. I have one fairly cheap and do them yourself!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 am

A repointer is a decent investment IMO. Especially if you split it with a buddy
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am

Winmau wrote:
Pretty sure A180 would accept payment from Paypal no matter where you are??

I say buy the points... 26mm, black, smooth. Than have the dart shop install them for you.

You'll thank me later.

But let's have some more thoughts.... members????

Sorry, I was thinking of the site with the rabbit (A-Z darts?) in any event Im a fan of sooner over later
so think I'll wait and see if the new local shop will have 'em and for how much.

They have re-ponting machines at A180 it seems, but more than Im willing to pay to do a single re-pointing.

A lot of lovin' for a $20 dart! :-)

Oh..and just out of curiosity can hammerhead and/or harrows power points be fitted on normal darts?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 am

http://www.a180.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1404&xSec=191

they pay for themselves. I repoint here and there and charge a small fee. Then you have it and your done. Cost to ship your darts, possibility of losing them in mail. Hell its lot better to have your own besides X'mas coming up.
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:07 am

SilverSaber wrote:
http://www.a180.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1404&xSec=191

they pay for themselves. I repoint here and there and charge a small fee. Then you have it and your done. Cost to ship your darts, possibility of losing them in mail. Hell its lot better to have your own besides X'mas coming up.

Well the local shop does do re-pointing, and so cant really see myself getting into the re-pointing business. It will be $10 I think so wont kill me.

What about those Trident 180 things.. a worthwhile cheap and cheerful alternative?

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 am

I use to use them and they work. However the storm points are the way to go IMO to have a boss looking dart. I have repointed at least 7-8 sets of my own darts with storms. I think my cost for the repointer was around 65.00 usd. Done 5-6 jobs at 7.00 using the points I took out of me other darts so I have about 30.00 invested. Your call anyway. And its easy btw, takes me around 15min and I take my time.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 am

What stems are they as they are similar to my Trulon Rev Grips but in green. Do the tops come off and do the turn when deflecting off another dart? I have seen some tops in yellow but cant get any but never seen Green? I like them.

As for re-pointing you only have to do a few sets for friends and you would have the cost of the machine back then you can change your point as frequently as you like, it was the best investment I ever made and I can change a full set in 3 or 4 mins so well worth it.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:27 am

Big Gun wrote:
What stems are they as they are similar to my Trulon Rev Grips but in green. Do the tops come off and do the turn when deflecting off another dart? I have seen some tops in yellow but cant get any but never seen Green? I like them.

As for re-pointing you only have to do a few sets for friends and you would have the cost of the machine back then you can change your point as frequently as you like, it was the best investment I ever made and I can change a full set in 3 or 4 mins so well worth it.

Those are Cosmo stems and flights
Back to top Go down
MattWynwa

MattWynwa

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 am

Cosmo's looking good there!
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:58 am

MattWynwa wrote:
Cosmo's looking good there!

Yeah I have to say I cant see myself switching back to regular flights. My wife has a few more on order for me in a bit more streamlined shape.

I will wait and see if/when Storm Points come available locally and good chance I'll give 'em a go. For now though I have the 180 tridents.

As for the re-pointing even if it pays for itself it still sounds like a bit of a distraction from what I want to be focused on. I am very happy with the McCoys stealths. They have the one quality I loom for above all others in a dart, and that is invisibility.

All my other darts have something about them that makes me notice them. The less I have to worry/think/obsess about the better off I am. At this point my only focus in darts is my focus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Custom Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Custom Darts    My Custom Darts  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Custom Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1