We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesshow us your throw - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

show us your throw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

show us your throw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 am

think you need a youtube account to post vids ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

I have to agree. 1st thing I thought was Barney. Hand position is identical after the dart is released. Quite a compliment as Barney has one of the best throws in all of darts.
Excellent!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 am

Silver, your hand position reminded me of Dennis Priestley right away. You throw nothing like him but the way your hand ended up was very Menace like.

Well done. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am

Great vids guys. Looks like I win the award for the ugliest bloke on the forum. cry laugh

It is a real treat to see all the different actions and styles. Thats what makes this game so great. There is basically no 2 styles that are identical.

Keep them coming guys.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 am

Hey Chalk be more positive! you dont need the Barney head shaking lol

You do have a very relaxed style though. Very Happy

BTW what is that little jiggle from left to right you do before throwing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
Great vids guys. Looks like I win the award for the ugliest bloke on the forum. cry laugh

It is a real treat to see all the different actions and styles. Thats what makes this game so great. There is basically no 2 styles that are identical.

Keep them coming guys.
No worries Grips not up yet affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

Maybe I'll start a YouTube channel so I can upload my throw cheers guys, only thing that puts me off is people who troll in the comments - it's pretty sad like I dunno
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am

you can turn the comments off mate
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

jamie373 wrote:
you can turn the comments off mate

Aha you can?! Nice one bud! saucepot

So I could do it all from this iPad could I? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 am

You can turn comments off completely, or make it so they have to be approved by you 1st.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am

Winmau wrote:

You can turn comments off completely, or make it so they have to be approved by you 1st.

Cheers mate, any idea how to do that on an iPad? And how to upload vids with one lol, I'm crap at this stuff ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am

first get your utube account. then once u have it they more or less walk u through it.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

SilverSaber wrote:
first get your utube account. then once u have it they more or less walk u through it.

Yeah I've tried mate, looked under "my videos" and all the other settings but for the life of me can't find any bit that says upload video lol, no wonder I'm a technophobe! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm

getagrip wrote:
Hey Chalk be more positive! you dont need the Barney head shaking lol

You do have a very relaxed style though. Very Happy

BTW what is that little jiggle from left to right you do before throwing?

Thanks mate! The head shake is just the perfectionist in me showing up. It's so weird that I can throw a 180 or 150 in one throw, then total crap the next. Like 180 then 26 or worse, 180 then 7. I'm still a "young" player (only a bit over a year) but... well it still drives me batty that I suck as badly as I do sometimes, and still throw a few brilliant darts per day.

AAAAARGH! Smile

The jiggle is me lining up the dart, shoulder, eyeball, etc. to the target. Sort of settling in to the shot. If you watch golf, it's a bit like Ernie Els. He sort of wiggles his bottom to settle in. That's all I'm doing. Just aligning everything.

And for anyone who mentioned Barney about my throw... THANK YOU. He's my idol, and I've been trying to find a way to throw as smoothly as him because my shoulder is f.u.b.a.r. and his is about the only non-shoulder throw I've seen. Hankey is the other. Maybe Beaton.

Anyway, if I've gotten even close, I'm a happy man.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm

The Rage wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

Yeah I've tried mate, looked under "my videos" and all the other settings but for the life of me can't find any bit that says upload video lol, no wonder I'm a technophobe! lol!

http://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:21 pm

wow I wana play too but I got a firewire vid cam and computer dosent have firewire socket so I brought a card and 3 months later when I wanted to use It I cant get it to work (reinstaled ect).

LARRY: good to see you in action and yes its phill to the max.

Chalk is Barney: very very nice style, smooooth as silk, I gota get this comp problem solved and take a vid of a guy in my club, He has to have one of the most relaxed throws I have ever seen, you could put your full pint glass on this guys head and he whouldnt spill a drop. (he reminds me of yourself).

jamie: thankx again for this thread. Although I have seen photo's sof some of you blokes it is the darts Im interested in and seeing some of my fellow nutterz in action gives me a big fat mongrel!!! (not in a gay way). Im realy wanting to see Grippo, Odisan and Mciniss. sorry JD but we have all seen you lol on floor

Jimbo: yes you are winning the ugly stick comp, but Im sure you were young and beutifull once Laughing
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

don't think a day has went by without me PMSL at one of your posts G ! you certainly brighten the place up.

about your card you bought. i presume your talking about an SD card ? i had the same problem with mine . i was trying to use a SDHC card on windows XP which doesn't recognize the high capacity cards , but i done a search on the brand on my computer and found on their website the driver to download so as it would read the SDHC card and all was good
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

jamie373 wrote:
don't think a day has went by without me PMSL at one of your posts G ! you certainly brighten the place up.

about your card you bought. i presume your talking about an SD card ? i had the same problem with mine . i was trying to use a SDHC card on windows XP which doesn't recognize the high capacity cards , but i done a search on the brand on my computer and found on their website the driver to download so as it would read the SDHC card and all was good

Na wrong kinda card. Its a card that fits into the PCIE slot on the inside of my desktop that has a firewire connection. The vid cam I heve records onto digital TAPE and there is no SD cards involved. It is an older style of recording procedure but you dont have to worry about data loss because its all on tape and is still digital. A burnt house might stuff that theory up though. Thanx for your effort anyhow.

Lots of love G
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Hmmm could be some silly driver issue with the card, might have to do a search for a solution. Sometimes they have a specific way to get them installed and working if it is made with a particular chipset. PC are great eh not always as compatible as they should be! rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 am

mobile phone is all you need , mine was done with it sellotaped to a tripod. my camera has fell out with the USB cable and refuses to even recognize it anymore Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 am

I just taped myself and I'm in trouble now. Hehe. I lift my elbow on my back draw... How do I stop doing this? I didn't even know I did it. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 am

i think that is the good thing about recording yourself throwing. sounds a bit strange but i was surprised when i saw myself throw i didn't think it look liked that ,but i am actually happy with it. you gonna post your vid Donk ?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 am

get a long stick and tie your upper arm to it, lol!
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 am

Maybe later. Hehe. I haven't shaved in a while:). I post it later tonight or tomorrow. Need to start a YouTube channel and all. Don't have time for that now.
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 am

This was from 3 years ago. I don't have the same set up but it's a neat video. I'll try to get a new one done in the near future.

...and yes, I know I need to eat a cheeseburger. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 am

very cool ! loving the slow motion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 am

Robbie you got some kind of great mechanics bub. Your vid is a little dark but I can tell your a shooter! There's players and then there's shooters.
Thanks for the posts and looking forward to your new one.
Larry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 am

Donkey wrote:
Maybe later. Hehe. I haven't shaved in a while:). I post it later tonight or tomorrow. Need to start a YouTube channel and all. Don't have time for that now.

Yeah, cause it takes so long to set up an account. rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:49 am

c'mon JD wheres your vid Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: show us your throw   show us your throw - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

show us your throw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next