We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 am

Yeah Hab, I never understood the dart cases either. Never had one. If you're not selling dart supplies I see no reason to have one.
When I go to darts I use one of the little, black plastic dart holders and have a small bag of extra stems and flights in my pocket. That's all I need.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 am

my teammates and i use a crown royal bag for our darts and supplies...hence our team name, "C R Bags" affraid
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:28 am

I have always carried a dart case with me. I can then empty my pockets when I play.

I also carry my puffer and phone in mine. I hate stuff in my pockets when I play. All I have in my pockets are my hanky and my tin of mints. Any other stuff that was in my pockets gets put in my case and zipped up to keep light fingers at bay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 am

Soft tip tourney next Saturday.

Eddie put my new darts in the mail yesterday.

Going to be cutting it close as I have NO darts now.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

You can use my new 20g puma's if you need to mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
You can use my new 20g puma's if you need to mate.

lol You like 14,000 miles away.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 am

Those new puma darts are sensational. My mate used them yesterday against me and kicked my backside around my shed for a good 2 hrs.

This is the flogging I copped.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:52 am

Peter was throwing some fire!!! 19 180's!!!!! Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm

He is the one that has played for Australia and has won the asia pacific cup singles title.

He did a similar job on me in steel tip, only I out 180'd him 3 to 1.
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 am

habanerojooz wrote:
JD wrote:
To ALL players. No matter what, please don't do this. It's not acceptable to do so. Ever!

For the record, the Brits laugh at the virtual suitcases that a large percentage of American players use (i.e. Metroline cases). Walk into a British pub carrying one of those cases and you be noticed and talked about in the same way.

Overseas players have not caught on to the Metroline, all-in-one style cases. The Asian soft tip players all carry their stuff like this...in multiple small cases that are built for different things...dart case, case for molded flights, points container or point holder.

Did the person in the picture have a dyed mohawk? He looks familiar. It looks like M.H. from Hong Kong. If it is, I recall that he also had a small black hand towel clipped together with his dart case and stuff.

I got to be honest, for years I carried a Metroline - then I started using molded flights , the spares became a problem - they needed there own case to carry them (At $10 a pair I wasn't going to risk damaging them). Then since tips and shafts break I needed a pair of Pliers. a case for tips (target came out with a cool ring tip holder that I had to have (that actually didnt work well). Since I love watching All darts matches soft/steel I had watched Asian soft tip players using these (Detective Gaget belts) but felt never in a million years I would wear one. Than I started playing Bullshooters, A typical Saturday you can be playing singles, doubles , mixed double in cricket and 501 all going on almost the same time - running between the machines like a chicken without a head.
In the middle of the mayhem is a Bar, not to say a fair share of Red Solo cups from the rooms. I orded the smallest belt holder I could find from Japan about 2 years ago (now you can find them at many places in the US). I got to say after the first week of ribbing I took at my local LOD's (I wanted to make sure I was used to having my darts on my belt). These belts are great, I no longer worried about my stuff walking away, and to be honest - me just laying down my bag and forgetting where I left it. Pease of mind is a good thing to have at a large event.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 am

I can understand the need to use them for that, must be a lot of things go walkabout at big comps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 am

I go to a big comp and this is all I bring. Just some spares. Roll the bag up and stick it in my pocket.

Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 am

LOL, I go through that much in a match..... It started with those damn molded flights and the special case. Looks like your using Laro shafts (used to use them myself) but early FIT flight were (brittle) for me and I would snap them off and needed extra spares (the new "Gear" style works much better for me). For me hand tighting those Lippoints won't do, they need a small twist from my pliers. During some tournaments I carry a legal pair of 18gram barrels incase someone has an issue with my normal 20 gram setup. Locally never ever had an issue, but saw during a large tournment some world class A-holes make an issue about how much time it was taking for a player to repair a shaft, so much so he ended up using his partners darts to complete the match. I have probably repaired more broken dart tip in my competitors darts than my own, but knowing I can fix any issue at hand quickly adds to my comfort factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 am

I just use regular nylon stems. I go months without having to change flights or stems while playing soft tip. Ever since I switched to Lip points a few weeks ago I still haven't broken a tip yet. Really impressed with them.
I've just never had any equipment issue's in soft tip over the years.
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 am

I try not to be a crash test dummy, but over the years I have fallen into the trap. One year I tested/played with no less the 13 different sets of darts. I found for me (and most others I expect) its about the barrel and the shaft/flight setup balance. Throw a shark groved barrel and then talk to me about flight wear, ask any trident user how much the nose angle saves flights. Mixing shaft lenght with flight style (changes the flight trajectory) even though you feel your thowing better, your dart wear will change dramatically. Unless you take your soft-tip setup to a bristle board you could have no idea how (wacky) your darts are landing. - on the other hand, if I hitting I sometimes don't want to know.
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

crash336 wrote:
... For me hand tighting those Lippoints won't do, they need a small twist from my pliers...

When pulling my soft tip darts from the board, I rotate the barrel about 1/4 turn "clockwise" as I'm pulling them from the board. This loosens the grip of the board on the tip, making the dart easier to pull out......and at the same time, it also tightens the tip in the barrel too.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 pm

I carry a metro-line- with3-4 sets of darts- 10-15 sets of standard flights- same with stems- plus 2 complete sets of Standard Cosmos and 4 sets of cosmo stems,cards from dartsnutz, sandpaper and a set of glasses. Reason- I sell a lot of stuff- one match I sold 3 sets of darts and 3 sets of stems and flights. Made some nice money that night and won me match to boot. As far as people talking about it- doesn't bother me a bit.
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

Hab,

If I threw like you (have saw you play in your Worlds matches) I might be calm enough to rotate my darts, unfortunely after a bad pass I will try to rip all three out in one hand. (steel tip habit i guess)

* shark grip barrels, new Arachnid board = painful practice sessions
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 am

chugger [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
this is it for me, throw everything in my CR bag...I just recieved my Red Dragon darts on Friday...love 'em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 am

Kim over at Puredarts just weighed a set of 18 gram Ted Hankey soft tip darts for me. Result.... 15.5 grams.

Think I'll buy a set and have them sent straight to Eddie @ Elven. Have him drill out the back to make them 14 grams.

Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 am

I thought soft tip darts were usually given by barrel weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
I thought soft tip darts were usually given by barrel weight.

Naw, that's steel tip.

Soft tip is a guess at best. I still haven't figured it out yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

How cool is this???

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 pm

WOW! Thats very cool!

Gets me excited to try these things, must resist the pull of soft tip, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Grip, come to the dark side. It is your destiny.

jedis fight

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Dont tempt me Jimbo! head spin running dog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next