We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Played soft tip tonight with 3 friends.

Most of the night I shot terrible. Just couldn't hit trips very well. But I was lighting up the bulls big time.

Just couldn't miss the bulls. I hit a 6 mark on the bulls and the machine (G3) lit up and said "3 in the black". The Bosnians had never

seen that before. I went on to hit 2 more of those during the night, but I'm telling you, I was lucky to buy a triple.

Played a couple singles at the end of the night. Other then the bulls, my highlight was how I ended the night.

Back to back 9 marks, followed by bull, bull finish. I needed all of those so it goes to show how good the other guy was playing.

All in all, I'm having a very hard time adjusting from my smooth Hankey's (steel tip) to my ringed soft tip Bristow's.

I need to get a custom set of smoothy soft tips made asap.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Didnt someone post a link for soft tip Hankey's?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Pure Darts do soft tip Hankeys - they come in 18g and 20g (I'm assuming this includes the flight stem and point as well) - top 4 items

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Didnt someone post a link for soft tip Hankey's?

Yes. Smiling assassin had them custom made from Elven. I already emailed the guy last week to see about getting a set made.

mc1958 wrote:
Pure Darts do soft tip Hankeys - they come in 18g and 20g (I'm assuming this includes the flight stem and point as well) - top 4 items

The only problem is that the Hankey's are way too heavy for me. Wish they came in 16 grams. The barrel would most likely weigh 13 grams and that would work just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Not sure what I'm watching, but it's a live stream from Japan.

Japan Pro Tour I think.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Nice find JD. Dont often get to watch the girls play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Nice find JD. Dont often get to watch the girls play.

I like this girl in the red shirt.... eyepop
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:50 pm

They have to do their own paper work.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Winmau wrote:
Not sure what I'm watching, but it's a live stream from Japan.

Japan Pro Tour I think.

Enjoyed watching the matches. There were some good games. Wish there was some kind of schedule though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm

There probably is Jake, only I cant read Japanese. The World tour puts their brackets up on facebook, I would assume they would do the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm

There's more. I just streamed the doubles finals on my channel. The singles are on now.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 am

managed a 12 dart 301 followed by a 10 dart 301 (tied personal best) today
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 am

USMC80 wrote:
managed a 12 dart 301 followed by a 10 dart 301 (tied personal best) today

Great job! I practiced a bit last night and was all over the place. The last 30 minutes I was getting killer grouping, but off target I dunno

Have you posted a pic of the darts you are using? Also what did you change with your throw?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am

heres the darts im using for softipm 18g puma elites. As far as my throw goes just changed the starting position of my throw and only bringing dart back to my chin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 am

Ahh nice! I started off with a 180 followed by a 100 today. Only practiced for 30 or 40 minutes. Played myself in a quick two rounds of cricket. I lost...
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

jake8380 wrote:
Ahh nice! I started off with a 180 followed by a 100 today. Only practiced for 30 or 40 minutes. Played myself in a quick two rounds of cricket. I lost...

lol, one day you will be able to kick his ***
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

To ALL players. No matter what, please don't do this. It's not acceptable to do so. Ever!

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Lol. Years ago, I used to wear headphones and listen to a walkman while I was playing.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm

What is it?

Seems like that person has bought every accessory available confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:30 pm

I thought it was head phones, but now I dont think it is.

He has a dart casehanging from his belt and looks like a couple of tip containers each side of the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:49 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:50 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 am

Nice so people are giving it a go then, wonder if they know the oche is at 8 foot or at least should be.

Would be interesting to hear what the people who tried it think about it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
darkos

darkos

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:23 am

I play in France with her(it) dartslive2 league the soft tip is funny and we play it reseau with the world
it's a play different from some not less hard but very different steel even if the boardis bigger...In France we have more players in soft tip than steel tip and 7000 players over a week of French championship in La Rochelle
And this year of 2013 we welcome a stage of World of dartslive with the best players soft tip and some players PDC on June 16th
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 am

You are very lucky darkos, I wish we could get the dartslive machines here in Australia.
Back to top Go down
darkos

darkos

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 10:43 am

Maybe one day

We play in network with
Hong Kong/Macau
Taiwan
Singapore
Malaysia
USA/Canada
Thailand
France
EspaƱa
Korea
Japan....
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm

JD wrote:
Just in case you were wondering...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How does the kite have a biger surface area than the standard?

miss print me thinks
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:59 am

darkos wrote:
...In France we have more players in soft tip than steel tip and 7000 players over a week of French championship in La Rochelle
7000 unique player entries in one event? or 7000 total entries across multiple events (i.e. a player is entered in multiple events and each entry is counted)? The reason for asking is that I've heard people question the accuracy of this number before.

darkos wrote:
And this year of 2013 we welcome a stage of World of dartslive with the best players soft tip and some players PDC on June 16th
If I fly in to Charles de Gaulle, how long will it take to get to La Rouchelle? Would you recommend a train or taxi? What is La Rouchelle like? Is it a big city with lots of hotels, restaurants, clubs, etc?
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:32 am

JD wrote:
To ALL players. No matter what, please don't do this. It's not acceptable to do so. Ever!

For the record, the Brits laugh at the virtual suitcases that a large percentage of American players use (i.e. Metroline cases). Walk into a British pub carrying one of those cases and you be noticed and talked about in the same way.

Overseas players have not caught on to the Metroline, all-in-one style cases. The Asian soft tip players all carry their stuff like this...in multiple small cases that are built for different things...dart case, case for molded flights, points container or point holder.

Did the person in the picture have a dyed mohawk? He looks familiar. It looks like M.H. from Hong Kong. If it is, I recall that he also had a small black hand towel clipped together with his dart case and stuff.
Back to top Go down
darkos

darkos

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:40 am

7000 players on tournaments multiple levels in simple, in double and in teams....
Paris - La Rochelle 472 km...
Tourist area and multiple hotels to find accommodation....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next