We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip Rules ?? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip Rules ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 pm

could some one give me a run down of all the games they play on the dartslive tour ?? and all the rules to these games
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 pm

aye i would like to know these as well please . i feel i'm getting drawn towards the darkside Very Happy

jedis fight
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Rules , what rules. lol! I think Winmau will comment on this one guys.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 am

Basically the rules for soft tip are the same as in steel tip nowadays.

Some small differences that I've seen is the start of the game.

This can vary from place to place but usually it's "flip and go".

Flip a coin to decide who goes 1st, then alternate each game.

When it comes down to the deciding game then throw at the bull. Closest goes 1st.

1st player to throw at the bull does NOT pull their dart.

With 501 you can choice if you want to play with a 50 point bulleyes or split bull.

Dartslive pro tour plays 501 just the same as the PDC. Shooting at 20's.

Dartslive Stage tourney's are played with a full bull, shooting at the bull every round.

A masters out means you can finish the game with a double, triple, or bullseye.

This gives you a few more outs now and makes you think a bit while setting up an out.

Very easy for the inexperienced soft tip player to waste darts doing this.

Really, that's about it. I won't go into something called a freeze rule because it's pretty

much outdated and something you just won't see played anymore.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am

Bullshooter tournaments always use the freeze rule
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 am

Then there are a few popular games played with soft tip.

Count Up- Shoot for 8 rounds and try to get the highest score possible. Entire bull is worth 50 points.

Bermuda Triangle- Player's shoot at the following numbers in order... 12's, 13, 14, ANY double. 15's, 16, 17, ANY triple. 18's, 19, 20, outer bull, bullseye.
If at any time you miss all 3 darts on a turn your score gets cut in 1/2.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:32 am

thanks winmau

p.s what weight darts are allowed
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 am

lion180 wrote:
thanks winmau
p.s what weight darts are allowed

You're welcome.

The weights vary in different organizations. For Bullshooter you can have an 18 gram dart (total weight)

and surprisingly you can have a 25 gram dart for Dartslive events. Just found this out today while reading their rules.

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 am

Wow a 25 gram dart- did not know that either. Must be sturdy boards. Medalist, wich I'm not sure are around anymore had a 20 gram maximum weight.
Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:18 am

spat66 wrote:
Wow a 25 gram dart- did not know that either. Must be sturdy boards. Medalist, wich I'm not sure are around anymore had a 20 gram maximum weight.

Yeah, crazy right? Was just reading the rules for Dartslive. The soft nylon boards can handle the heavier weight as compared to the hard plastic boards other companies use.

That's a super heavy dart for soft tip.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 am

And that's great!

25 grams and more ppl will be trying it.

How's it with the distance? Is it 8 feet or something?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:27 am

Yes 8 feet
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:46 am

One thing that is cool about DartsLive is that you insert a card and it tracks your stats that you can view from your PC or Phone (assuming it's a smart phone). It also allows you to play in remote matches against players across the world.

The machines have a internal video camera on them. Smile and say cheese!

Here are some of the rules for "Soft Darts World"

-Players are required to use darts that are made with parts generally recognized as tips, barrels, shafts and flights, each part has to be removable and each dart must not exceed 30cm in length and 25g in total weight. Tips must be made of plastic.

-If a player wishes to throw darts from either right or left of the throw line, he/she must stay behind the extension of the throw line.

-When throwing darts, the front foot must stay behind the front edge of the throw line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Some rules from E-Dart Sweden Smile

The dart

The entire dart (Point, Barrel, Stem, Flights and other bits) 18.9 grm.

Start of the game.

In tournaments its closest to the bull. Third leg decider the one who starts the game starts the last leg also.
In league games, its the home team that starts. When 1-1 then you throw for bull, home team starts, and the closest starts. Hit in dbull or semibull the dart are to be taken out, outside and its counting the holes to the bull.

During gameplay.

Playing distance = 237 cm, same as steel tip Smile
Almost everytime its single in, then its either double out, master out (doubles and trebles) or single out, but thats are different in how high the league are. The best leagues almost always play double out.
In doubles all 4 players have their own 501 to throw, player 1 and 3 are in the same team, and the player 2 and 4 are in the same team.

Freeze rule.

We have something that is called the Freeze rule in the doubles. That rule consist of that your playing partner must have exactly the same or under the total points of the opposing team.

Example 1: You have 32 left, your partner have 185 left, and opponents have 100 and 60, then their total is 160 points. Then you are frozen and cant check out before your partner loses some more points.

Example 2: You have 40 left, your partner have 60 left, the opponents have 32 and 28, then you can check out because they have 60 in total.

Example 3: You have 20 left, your partner have 32 left, and one of the opponents have 40 left, and his/hers partner have 80 left, then you and your partner can check, but the opponent with 40 left cant check out because your team have 52 left.

So basic rule.. Keep points under the worst of the opponents then you are always free Smile Smile

So the freeze rule are quite fun because you need to be tactical also Smile

League

We are 4 starting players with a max of 2 subs.
A typical leaguegame in my league (Elite Division) are like this:
2 doubles
8 Singles
2 doubles
8 Singles

So there is 20 matchpoints to fight for Smile
And all play 2 doubles and 4 singles each Smile

Any more questions? Just ask, I'm here to answer questions Smile Smile

//
Glen

Last edited by Venigoor on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to tell the distance :))
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 am

I don't like the freeze rule - it can help in certain situations but it was ultimately designed so you have to put twice as many quarters in the machine to play a doubles match!
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 am

Thats true Spat!

But I still think its fun sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 am

Your right it is fun sometimes when it works to your advantage. It has saved my ass before!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip Rules ??   Soft Tip Rules ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip Rules ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1