We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSoft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 am

getagrip wrote:
unreal!

Just wonder what makes them so much more costly then regular bar darts??????????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 am

No idea just crazy if you ask me, and anyone who pays for them is crazy too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

This could be why its so expensive.

Product Description

The one piece molded flight and shaft is economical and durable. Comes in a bag of 45 pieces. Barrels: Brass Shafts: 1 piece molded 1/4" plastic flight and shaft Tips: 1/4" Weight: 13 Grams Color: Yellow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:19 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
This could be why its so expensive.

Product Description

The one piece molded flight and shaft is economical and durable. Comes in a bag of 45 pieces. Barrels: Brass Shafts: 1 piece molded 1/4" plastic flight and shaft Tips: 1/4" Weight: 13 Grams Color: Yellow

lol! I never claimed to be smart.

Thanks for solving the question for me Jimbo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Here's Europa Foods. Bosnian place where I play on Tuesday and Thursday's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Their best player. Finished 1st in the rankings last year and only been playing a YEAR in the "B" division!!!!

Former professional soccer player for Bosnia and played in front of 70,000+ fans.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:56 pm

What a nice looking place to play in. Wish I had a soft tip venue to go to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
What a nice looking place to play in. Wish I had a soft tip venue to go to.

Yeah. I consider myself lucky. About 1 mile away and it's the only Galaxy 3 in town. Plus it's the cheapest board around.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice JD - ya never sleep my friend - night owl u are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:34 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Nice JD - ya never sleep my friend - night owl u are.

Yes sir. Seems I do a lot of posting at night.

But it gives you guys something to look at in the morning. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 pm

LOL! yep it sure does!

Looks great place, and thanks for solving the price mystery Jimbo! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Just in case you were wondering...

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Hmmm. I thought that the standard dart was supposed to be the biggest.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

I have seen that chart before and find it interesting. I often wonder if you have 2 flights of the same surface area but different shapes, how much affect will the shape have on the darts flight? confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 am

LEAGUE MPR AVERAGE

Was talking about this the other day with a friend of mine. He was talking about when he plays me how he can shoot above 4 MPR all the time but his league average is "only" 3.05 mpr in cricket.

I told him not to worry about that because it's very different in league play. What your partner shoots can effect your score greatly. Most of the time lowering your average.

Here's an example. Let's say I go 1st. Open up big. Trip 20, trip 20, then decide to go for 19's. Hit a single. Great round for me. I just banged a 7 mark. The other team is up and that person hit's 5 19's for the close and 38 points.

Now my partner is up and goes to close 19's. Trip on the 1st dart, followed by 2 20's for more points. He will of only been awarded a 2 mark although he tripped the 19. Then the 2 20's gives him a total of 4 marks.

So don't worry about what you do in league. It's harder in league to get those high averages even though you might be shooting as well or even better then in singles play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:37 am

^^^^ To add to what I said.

There are way to artificially inflate your MPR as well.

Not every team we play are great players. If i'm going against a weak team, or a couple weal players i will change up my tactics a bit to give myself an over inflated MPR.

Instead of shooting at a number with marks on it already, and the other team has it closed, i'll just pick a fresh number. That way, if I trip it with the 1st dart I'll get the full 3 marks for it.

Also I'll avoid having to shoot a full round at the bullseye. During the course of the game if I hit a triple, followed by a single i will most likely take a swipe at the bull with my last dart. That way I'll at least get a 5 mark, maybe 6 if I hit D-bull, and keep my average up.

I just hate to hit trips and not get credit for them. Doesn't mean crap in steel tip, but in soft tip, everyone around here looks at MPR 1st. Hardly anyone would notice if you had ZERO wins, but if you're above a 4.0 mpr..... Ooooooohhhh.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Mpr is over rated IMO just for the reasons u just gave. Am waiting still for my 15gm Hi-Tecs. Gonna give those light darts a go for fun. Ya never know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 pm

More live dart streams...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 pm

^^^ Decent stream. i think we'll be seeing more of this in the future.

A good thing for darts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm

I'd rather have darts stuck in my toes then watch Scott Kirshener throw.

He does this pretend throw at the start of every turn, then resets and continues his round.

Drives me nuts!!!

I had dartitis a long time ago and it pains me to watch this.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 am

is he as bad as Denis Smith?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 am

^^^ That's nothing.

Maybe I can find a link of Scott playing.

It's annoying.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 am

Had a nice set of Vipers. sold them for 70.00 to a league member.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 am

Thinking of going to the luck of the draw Thursday (soft tip)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:37 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Thinking of going to the luck of the draw Thursday (soft tip)

That's awesome!!! We'd love to have ya. happy dude
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 am

I think that soft tips are gonna take over. Yep even UK but thats way down the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

What do ya think of these boards??

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Doesnt look too bad. The sound effects would get on your nerves after a while.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 am

getagrip wrote:
is he as bad as Denis Smith?

horrible mechanics but I guess works for him????
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:53 am

I just find his antics strange, why does he close his eyes before he throws too?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 am

He has too grip, all that sweat dripping down his brow gets in his eyes other wise.
In all seriousness, he is one player that i refuse to watch, does my nut in.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soft Tip General Chit Chat   Soft Tip General Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Tip General Chit Chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next