We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDartslive The World - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Dartslive The World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 am

LOL I don't know much of the Cricket game as its played there, but cant work the reason out after watching it, but would not have known if you had not brought it up, maybe its a fault with the software or its working the stats a different way, cant think what though???
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 am

getagrip wrote:
LOL I don't know much of the Cricket game as its played there, but cant work the reason out after watching it, but would not have known if you had not brought it up, maybe its a fault with the software or its working the stats a different way, cant think what though???

Yeah, that's the problem. There really is no other way to figure the actual stats.

There's no other way around the fact he hit 31 marks with 15 darts. Which equals 6.2 MPR.

He would of had to hit 36 scoring marks with 15 darts to achieve a score of 7.2.

Unless I missed 5 marks somewhere in those 5 rounds. confused
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 am

Hmm its very strange, is there any one to contact who may know and hopefully speaks English?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

getagrip wrote:
Hmm its very strange, is there any one to contact who may know and hopefully speaks English?

Not that I know of.

But there has to be a few guys out west that have played on them.

No machines on the east coast.... yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Newest video from Japan.

I noticed how easy these guys are pulling the darts out of the board. Seems WAY easier then a Galaxy board.

Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 am

Winmau wrote:
Newest video from Japan.

I noticed how easy these guys are pulling the darts out of the board. Seems WAY easier then a Galaxy board.

You also have a rocket shot JD. I've seen your videos and heard the thumps.
Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:58 am

Hello, here it its, the latest final of the Stage 5 of The world, between, my two favourite players, and 2 of the best world soft darts players, Paul Lim VS Lourence Ilagan, incredible performance, don't miss it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 am

was a great match, Paul Lim is just class
Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:06 am

But Lourence him punished him at Cricket, with a great performance of 7,40 MPR!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 am

meant as a person, he was beat of course
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:08 am

yep soft tip is taking off like a rocket except in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 am

Also there is another great company appart from DARTSLIVE that is called, VSPHOENIX, both are expanding all around the world, and i am totally sure, they will reach the top in world of darts, they are offering great amount of prize money, and increasing...now, VSPHOENIX and DARTSLIVE are going to arrive here, to SPAIN, at the end of the year, I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 am

great to hear man!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 am

This is why I think it will take off in the UK at some point, I hope I'm wrong but I think it will happen in next 15 or 20 years, maybe sooner?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Dartslive is really rolling out machines in the US at the moment. They are making a real big push.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:28 pm

There seems to be more innovation in the soft tip market too and the manufacturers will influence its appeal, I have already seen lots of soft tip darts that I wish were available as steel tip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Rules for the Dartslive US Open.

Glad to see a dress code. No coin drop is awesome. But the prize money is not what i thought it would be.

Usually $13,000 for 1st place. This seems to be "only" $6000.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:56 pm

getagrip wrote:
There seems to be more innovation in the soft tip market too and the manufacturers will influence its appeal, I have already seen lots of soft tip darts that I wish were available as steel tip.

Buy the soft tip darts and get conversion points for them. Thats what I have done. That way I use the same darts for soft or steel tip.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Good tip Jimbo, the only problem is the soft tips dart are usually 20g or less, I prefer 23 or 24 gram, however I threw some 18g yesterday and was surprised that they flew quite well, all that has done now is confuse my normal preference rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 pm

One thing I have noticed the the Japanese comp does different to The World. The Japanese shoot for T20 where as in The World, they shoot bulls because outer and inner are worth 50.

You also win 3000 HK dollars for doing a World 14. 14 darter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
One thing I have noticed the the Japanese comp does different to The World. The Japanese shoot for T20 where as in The World, they shoot bulls because outer and inner are worth 50.

You also win 3000 HK dollars for doing a World 14. 14 darter.

There's a video on the 1st page. 2nd one down. They have a match and shoot at the 20's. The guy does something crazy too!!! Very good player.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 am

what they are both 50 points??? whats the point in that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 am

getagrip wrote:
what they are both 50 points??? whats the point in that?

The bull is consider a "full bull" meaning any part is 50 points.

The point? Not sure really. Added pressure maybe? As easy as it is to have massive scores, it's just as easy to miss a round

and be totally screwed. When you are averaging 40+ ppr it's crucial that you don't miss. That kind of pressure DOES make

people miss the massive target.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 am

Cheers JD, I guess there is more differences than I thought!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 am

getagrip wrote:
Cheers JD, I guess there is more differences than I thought!

It is quite a difference.

Even great steel tip players take a little while to adjust to playing soft tip darts if they never played before.

Took me awhile to become a confident soft tip player, coming from playing steel tip my entire life.

There are different ways to go about setting up an outshot or taking out big games.

Even if you're a great steel tip player and hit everything you aim at, it's costly to waste darts by shooting at he wrong thing.

Example is Adrian Lewis who was dumped in the top 16 round at a recent The World competition.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm

A friend of mine competes at The World and he said the biggest learning curve for him is cricket. We dont play it here in Australia much, so he is rapidly learning the strategies of that game. He has the 701 down pat.

I saw the round that Lewis played in. The first 2 matches he played on camera were awesome. He took to the game really well. The game he lost was to the eventual winner.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Can a player that loops his darts play as well on soft tip or does it suit better a player who throws more direct/straight?

In other words how does the angle the points enter the board affect the darts chance of hitting the holes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:31 am

getagrip wrote:
Can a player that loops his darts play as well on soft tip or does it suit better a player who throws more direct/straight?

In other words how does the angle the points enter the board affect the darts chance of hitting the holes?

Every player I've seen shoot doesn't have a problem. The only time I see bounce outs are when a player uses small stubby points.

The actual throw shouldn't effect anything. The dart does sit straight and flat in the board though. So maybe players like James Wade, Adrian Lewis might have a hard time adjusting because their dart usually stands up a bit in a bristle board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 am

Great match....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next