We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDartslive The World - Page 5 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Dartslive The World - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:16 pm

DerekJones wrote:
I did the math for the guy that lost the second leg, and it was wrong as well

Were the stats better then what he actually threw?
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 am

Im with captain carrort. Soft Tip is for kids and arcades...Two things that japan really loves...so there ya go Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:00 am

Vallyr wrote:
Im with captain carrort. Soft Tip is for kids and arcades...Two things that japan really loves...so there ya go Sleep

Tell Paul Lim that when he cashed his $130,000 check several months ago.... rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am

Well the Asian countries and the States are going to make the prize money grow and grow, so that in the end is what will attract all players, even the UK steel tip guys, just common sense that they will want to have a try at winning the mega money, and it will happen.

I dont want it to, but it will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 am

I think the pro's in England that will take it up will be the one's that aren't making a comfortable living in the BDO or PDC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:57 am

Jimbo21 wrote:
I think the pro's in England that will take it up will be the one's that aren't making a comfortable living in the BDO or PDC.

Agreed Jimbo. That's too much money for some of the PDC players ranked in the top 30 to 16 to not have a go.

Might not matter to the top 10 players, but I think we'll see a few BDO & PDC players have at it for that kind of cash.
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Phil Taylor has played in a few as has John Part. Just wait until the soft tip weight restrictions come up to 20 or more grams. The top PDC players may not need the money but I highly doubt they are above dominating steel and soft and making even more money. Imagine how they'd do on a board where the bulls and trips are even bigger and they can throw darts they are accustomed to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Good point Derek. But other then Phil, most players shoot with a much lighter dart then most Americans. Seems like they are in the 20-23g range for the most part.

I believe the limit on the Dartslive boards are 20g.

So it wouldn't be much of a difference for most.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Soft tips is like a spreading fungus. Look its darts, its fun, its the future, get over it lol. In fact I have started to collect a few soft tip darts. Just traded for some phase 3 18gm ones from fox. So folks who don't care for soft tip well I suggest a second look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
Soft tips is like a spreading fungus. Look its darts, its fun, its the future, get over it lol. In fact I have started to collect a few soft tip darts. Just traded for some phase 3 18gm ones from fox. So folks who don't care for soft tip well I suggest a second look.

Couldn't agree more. It's still darts. When I go out and play with friends we play cricket 95% of the time.

The idea is identical as steel tip except the MPR are a bit higher. So strategy has to change a bit.

But it's still me and my friends playing darts.

Things have changed quite a bit in the last few years. It's worth a 2nd look for some of you.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm

There is a clip on youtube of Taylor playing. Leg 1 701 he shoots at bulls and wins. He then wins leg 2 Cricket. Leg 3 was a laugh. The look on his face was priceless when he thought screw the bull, I'm going for that bigass trip 20. He went 180, 180, 100 and cant remember the rest, but he went out in 14 darts.

This is the game.

Back to top Go down
Papachara

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 pm

The MPR Is wrong, because the did not count the bulls, its from 20 to 15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 am

Papachara wrote:
The MPR Is wrong, because the did not count the bulls, its from 20 to 15.

Wonder why they would do that? Bulls are a massive part of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 am

ummmm.... your last post is empty in my browser confused
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:35 am

Oh! there it is!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 am

Thanks for the post Winmau! Good match.

I've read some of the posts here. It is funny to me, people fear what they don't understand or fear change.

I hear all the reasons why people who have not played or given softtip an honest try, say things like the targets are too big. They are the same size for your opponent. If you can't match or better your opponents MPR you'll lose just the same.

You hear "Why do they only throw at the bulls?" Well depending on 01 game played, what is the difference between throwing at triple 20, triple 20, triple 20...? Still gotta match MPR or lose.

Darts is darts. What is happening with Dartslive is only going to help our sport. Who can complain about growth? Attracting new players? Different equipment coming to market (L-style, Cosmo etc..)? I see this as a win-win.

Do not fear what you don't understand. Do not fear the change. Embrace it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 4:55 am

Good post jake. I can admit I used to be "one of those guys". I came from an area where it was 100% steel tip. Had never even seen a soft tip machine. I remember commenting on the size of the targets, and a few of the other cliche things we hear all the time.
I ended up moving to a different state and the only thing played was soft tip.
Every negative thing i thought about soft tip went right out the window. It's actually a great game and I enjoy it very much.
When I go out with the guys to league or luck of the draw everything is identical in every way except we are shooting at a different looking target.
And you won't hear someone complaining about how they would of won the game if it wasn't for that bounce out, like you always hear steel tippers doing. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:08 am

Great post Jake. I'm like Winmau, never seen soft tip until a mate started playing in it. I saw a board and thought WOW, I gotta get one of these babies. I loved the big trips and dubs.

I have totally embraced soft tip. To me, it is just another form of darts. I cant wait to get my team mates over for a bbq, drinks and darts, cos I know they will be wanting to have a game of the plastic stuff. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Stage 11 Pro Dart Tour.

Men's singles is down to the last 16

Getting late for me though. Bedtime

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 am

Was super surprised to find this out today.

In ANY Dartslive event you are allowed up to a 25g dart (total weight). Shocked

The new nylon boards can handle the heavier dart compared to Arachnids hard plastic boards.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 am

that means I could actually play soft tip with my weight darts!!! happy dude All I need to do is spend a small fortune on a nylon board... I'll get right on that cry laugh lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 am

I am surprised to hear that too, I thought the weight was kept below 20g to prevent damage to the boards?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 am

Nope, not on the DartsLive machines. The board is made of a different material than the others. I'm not 100% sure but I think it is the same on the Japanese Phoenix machines as well. Should only be a matter of time before the other manufactures borrow this and allow heaver darts. Then we have to wait for the dart makers to start making them. Of course you can get darts like Bottelsen's in heaver weights and screw on a 2ba soft tip!
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 am

The force I throw a dart with, it would feel to the board like my 18g barrells are more like 24g one's. lol And I haven't broken my board yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 pm

Just saw on that clip that they are using a split bull, unlike the comp in Hong Kong.

Nice first leg there too. 15 darter.

I notice that the players not playing are doing the officiating.

The skinny guy was lethal on the trips in cricket.

JD, why do they throw at a double when they have a single of that number when trying to kill the number?

And thanks for the clip mate. +1 for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next