We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDartslive The World LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Dartslive The World Empty
PostSubject: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Okay did some looking around and didn't find much about Dartslive in here. Granted, I believe most of you guys are steel tip players,
as I am. Let me repeat, I play steel tip at home and grew up playing steel tip.

But... I now live in an area where soft tip is prevalent. That's what I play when I go out.

That being said, have any of you watched the events coming out of Japan? I've been out of darts for awhile so forgive me, I'm playing catch up.

Watched just about everything I could find on the Tube and have recently watched the live stream staged events. All I can say is WOW!!!

At the end of the 1st video I watched a few months ago Ray Carver was holding up a big winner's check that said 100,000 HK.

Off to Google for a quick conversion check and was amazed to see it's about $13,000 US dollars!!

Then when Paul L won the Stage final last year he got 1,000,000 HK. That's some serious life changing money.

I think Dartslive is doing ALL the right things. Major sponsors, great payouts, good format. Seems as though this is what we've been trying to do

in the states for decades with no success. Darts is growing out of control in Japan. 2000 new members signed up each month.

Excited to see them come here to Vegas in September. When is the last time the states have seen a dart tournament hand out $13K to the winner??

Even the products coming from Japan are pretty cool. L-Style and Cosmo are making some decent stuff. Love the new Hardlip points

from L-Style.

What are your thoughts on the Dartlive stuff and would you play if it came to your area?

Last edited by Winmau on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Nice post bud,
I was a soft tip player for years and enjoy the game. Yep I use Cosmo stuff to btw. The Japanese are going nuts for sure and soft-tip is growing world wide rapidly except maybe the UK. Paul Lim is a great player for sure.
Ya welcomed to put some links in your posts btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:46 pm

This one is unreal!!!

The lefty throws an amazing 1st game and starts the 2nd game even better.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I have seen a little of the Darts Live before and watched the odd clip here and there, and I am amazed at the enthusiasm shown by the Japanese.

They have really gone almost fanatical for the soft tip game which is a little scary too, not just the fans but the manufacturers there have created almost a new darts craze or culture.

They have innovated with all kinds of products and the fans have embraced them. Even in that above clip I saw one of the players wearing one of those arm sleeves, supposedly to help with the technique I think.

I doubt in this country we would show such fanaticism as popular as the steel tip game is here, we are a little more reserved, yes we still buy all the players darts and we buy shirts and love the game to a very high degree, but in Japan it seems like they make a pastime/hobby into a new culture.

The prize money seems to be growing all the time for soft tip so its only a matter of time before it starts attracting bigger interest from our steel tip players, I do believe in years to come that soft tip will overtake the steel tip game, not sure how long, maybe 20 years but I think it will happen.

Personally though I am not so keen on soft tip, dont know why but it still seems very much like a toy version, I know it certainly is not and there is a lot of skill in it but I can't help feeling that way about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:40 pm

15 dart 701!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 am

USMC80 wrote:
15 dart 701!!!

I know, right?!?!?!

That's a crazy game for ANY caliber player. Jaw
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:15 am

yeah a high standard indeed, lets hope they stick to soft tip! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 am

getagrip wrote:
yeah a high standard indeed, lets hope they stick to soft tip! Smile

One of their players just did very well in a BDO event. The World Masters.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:59 am

Great Shooting! nice looking darts too!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 am

That lefty was throwing some intense darts. Makes me feel like I need to live up to the name now lol lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am

An old one. But great to watch anyway. You'd be surprised to find out who won...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 pm

hmm I wonder if Taylor likes playing soft tip?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 pm

It's amazing to see the difference in standard really. Take aidy Lewis, ranked world number 2 in steel, but 88th in the world stage soft rankings!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 am

Thefox180 wrote:
It's amazing to see the difference in standard really. Take aidy Lewis, ranked world number 2 in steel, but 88th in the world stage soft rankings!

Agreed Fox. The standard of play from the guys over in Japan is amazing.

Everything seems to be coming together for them

Sponsors, prize money, and general darting interest from the public has elevated the game of darts over there.

The Pro players get mobbed for autographs when they go out for dinner.

Simply amazes me as to what happening.

Love to her the stories of the Americans that go over and play.

They are treated like royalty.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 am

Yeah thats the thing with the Japanese the create a culture from just about anything and support it fanatically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:13 am

Just out of curiosity, do all soft tip boards make those noises when you hit a number? I think I would take a hammer to it after a few throws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 am

Nucky wrote:
Just out of curiosity, do all soft tip boards make those noises when you hit a number? I think I would take a hammer to it after a few throws.

Playing at home I imagine it would be annoying.

But out and about, or at a tourney it's pretty cool when you hit a big shot and the board makes noises.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Get yourself there JD! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Point Venigoor in the same direction!

Only thing I don't like about soft is scoring if your dart bounces out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:41 am

Thefox180 wrote:
Point Venigoor in the same direction!

Only thing I don't like about soft is scoring if your dart bounces out

True, but if you watch any of the matches played on the new board rarely do you see a bounce out.

Innovations with tips and boards have done well to eliminate most bounces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:20 am

Okay, here's something that has been driving me nuts with these Dartslive boards.

1st... to let you all know, I'm a bit of a math nut.

It is my opinion that ALL the matches we watch at Dartlive are giving inflated numbers.

Here's a perfect example.

Watch the 1st leg of this cricket match.

Player one shoots the following round...

9 mark

followed by 3 7 marks.

Then finishes the bull in 3 darts by hitting 2 singles.

So he hit 32 marks in 15 darts.

Divide 32 by 15 and you get 2.133.

Times 2.133 by 3 (3 darts) and you get 6.399.

Round that up and he shot a 6.4 that game. NOT the 7.25 posted!!!!!!

So many Dartlive matches do this and NOBODY has explained why.

Even if you don't factor in the winning round, the numbers still don't add up.

I need a different set of eyes on this. Can anyone else solve this mystery.

I've talked to A LOT of people about this and people aren't even aware.

Help...

Match starts at approx 4:30 in the video.

Last edited by Winmau on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:26 am

Ill have to watch when i get home
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:26 am

Hadn't noticed before jd. Odd!

I think I'd def have to give it a go if it was near me, more for the experience than anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 am

Thefox180 wrote:
Hadn't noticed before jd. Odd!

I think I'd def have to give it a go if it was near me, more for the experience than anything

Just think of ALL of us that try to compare our numbers to them. On every Galaxy board the stats are correct.

They simply divide the number of darts thrown into total marks hit. Then times that number by 3.

I know of NO other way to get an accurate MPR.

The Dartslive also features a huge ranking system that compares your stats to everyone else.

But if the stats are wrong?!?!?!?!?!

All I do know for certain... That guy shot a 6.4 mpr cricket game. Lights out, it was an awesome game.

No way did he shoot a 7.25 as they claimed, or as that board said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 am

After a 2nd review. It gets even worse.

His 2nd round was only a 6 mark.

Dart #2 hit a treble 19 which was already closed by the other player.

The resulting score should then be only a 6 mark.

Giving him an actual 6.2 MPR game.

Far off the 7.25 claimed. confused
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:47 am

getagrip wrote:
Yeah thats the thing with the Japanese the create a culture from just about anything and support it fanatically.

So true Grip. They're fanatical about perfecting it also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:57 am

ochejockey wrote:
getagrip wrote:

So true Grip. They're fanatical about perfecting it also.

The guy in the video seems to have it perfected pretty good with his 7.25 6.4 I mean 6.2 MPR. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dartslive The World   Dartslive The World Empty

Back to top Go down

Dartslive The World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next