We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMoving point question LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Moving point question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

Moving point question Empty
PostSubject: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Just a quick query really, is it possible to put a set of moving points, be hammerheads or powerpoints on a normal soft tip dart? Reason I ask I'm interested in some moveable points but can't find a dart I like. So far iv looked at cyclones, bottelsen and powerpoints. If anyone can help me out would be great
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Not 100% sure really because I dont know if the soft tip barrels will have a space for the point to move int, think there needs to be some sort of hollow area for the points movement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Ah ok, that's what I thought. Hmm, say grip those smart darts of yours look nice.... Lol
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Yes they do dont they, lol not for sale though Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 pm

getagrip wrote:

Give them to me ya git, hell ya nephew done told me he plans on nicking them cry laugh
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Give them to me ya git, hell ya nephew done told me he plans on nicking them cry laugh

I'll give you a slap, and you'll be thankful for it!

slPPING

Now get back under the stairs, and don't come out until I say so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Movable points? Really? I thought those went out of style years ago. With the advancement of today's boards, no staples, smaller wires, you don't need movable points. None of the better players use them, I suggest you don't either.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 pm

I used them when i first started playing and realized they were a waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 pm

USMC80 wrote:
I used them when i first started playing and realized they were a waste.

I used them as well. Actually Peter Evison gave me a set of his darts and I walked them over to Jeff Pickup's booth and he made them into movable point darts for me. That was back in the late 90's.

Been using fixed points since 2001 or so.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Jeff Just made me stationary points for my Mega Thrusts....like you said no need for moving points with todays Boards!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:38 pm

McInnis180 wrote:
Jeff Just made me stationary points for my Mega Thrusts....like you said no need for moving points with todays Boards!!!! Laughing

Jeff certainly does make some great stuff. Master machinist!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm

You guys are lucky to be able to access such a great craftsman so easily, but agree the movable point is a bit redundant now, still doesn't stop them been made though.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I think I have only recently seen Ross Mongomery using the moving point darts, is there anyone else using them?
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 am

I have used powerpoints in my soft tip black widows with no problems. In fact that is what I have in them right now. I think it would depend on how deeply the front of the dart is drilled out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 am

Thefox180 wrote:
If anyone can help me out would be great

Oh, the irony. rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Ok so we all know there is no need for mvpoints anymore but I do like the concept of a spinning point. I have dabbled with spining flights and think that it takes some of the stabilization out of the throw. A spinning point would stop this.

p.s. havent tryed the magnet spinners yet but have tryed the lstyle silent and they are quite good in regards to not spinning untill hit. I thought they wouldnt last long with robin hood's but iv had a few RH's now and they flex straight back into shape.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Forgive my ignorance here, but does anyone have a pic of these movable points, I have never seen them.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:52 pm

DIRTY G wrote:
Ok so we all know there is no need for mvpoints anymore but I do like the concept of a spinning point. I have dabbled with spining flights and think that it takes some of the stabilization out of the throw. A spinning point would stop this.

p.s. havent tryed the magnet spinners yet but have tryed the lstyle silent and they are quite good in regards to not spinning untill hit. I thought they wouldnt last long with robin hood's but iv had a few RH's now and they flex straight back into shape.

Crazy Grip lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:53 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOVING POINTS !! YA HEAR ME!!!! NOOOOOOO!![u]
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm

geeeeez ok ok , drill seargent
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Is that a no then?

what about slightly moving points?
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 pm

what about points that bounce the barell of after they have been thrown to leave just the tip in the board soz not to block it. Me Thinking PAT pending
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 am

affraid writes consultation for psych eval lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 am

DIRTY G wrote:
what about points that bounce the barell of after they have been thrown to leave just the tip in the board soz not to block it. Me Thinking PAT pending

Sorry DG but those were already invented years ago, they never caught on though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:57 am

Wow this topic/question really went sideways. Was I the only one to actually answer Fox's question?

Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

jake8380 wrote:
Wow this topic/question really went sideways. Was I the only one to actually answer Fox's question?

yes
Oh and grip had half a shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving point question   Moving point question Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving point question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1