We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCosmo Point Question LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cosmo Point Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vallyr

Vallyr

Cosmo Point Question Empty
PostSubject: Cosmo Point Question   Cosmo Point Question EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 am

I am the owner of some 28m Ti Cosmo Conversion points and I recently Ordered some stainless. I was curious what the real weight difference was so I asked Ken at Ninedartout.us. He is extremely helpful as always and had this to say

"
First Thank you for your order. I have to tell you that Darts Nuts has been very helpful in promoting the conversion points. I've had to order several times since JD first ordered/posted. I did not get any steel points n the last order, but they will be arriving after the weekend. So there will be a couple day delay on sending those out to you. I hope you understand. The description on the item says it will hip in 4-5 business days, but I've been trying to keep them in stock.

To answer your question on the weights. The 28mm points are approximately 1.1gm in Ti and 1.3gm in Stainless. for Ti the other 2 weights are .9gm and 1.0gm. I do not have the weights for the Stainless in front of me, but I've also not sold any Stainless other than the 28mm either.

Personally I switched from the Ti to Stainless because my floor is hardwood, and my board is an Alien Trainer board, and I seem to hit the floor or metal a little too often. lol.

If there is anything I can help with or provide info for please let me know. I've been with Cosmo longer than anyone in the country (including Rob H.) and Cosmo is all I do.

Best Regards,
Ken"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Point Question   Cosmo Point Question EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 am

Wow!! I'm surprised to hear that the stainless 28mm points are only 1.3 grams. Ken is correct about the 28mm ti points being 1.1 grams.

Ken also says the stainless points are a bit more durable. I've had my titanium points for over a month now and have had zero problems with them. Matter of fact, i went to a tournament last Sunday and they had 6 of the WORST dartboards known to man. Brand new Halex pieces of crap from Wal-Mart. They had the biggest, roundest, softest wires I've ever seen. Must of been over 100 bounceouts that day. To my surprise I only had about 3 of those.

I give these points the highest marks possible and I have to say I like them more than Storm points. But also keep in mind I play a lot of soft tips as well.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Point Question   Cosmo Point Question EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 am

I may have to try a set of the stainless one's. I have a concrete floor in the shed and some carpet on the floor, but still get the odd bounce out that misses the carpet.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Point Question   Cosmo Point Question EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Sounds like a very helpful guy, thats good to see. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Point Question   Cosmo Point Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmo Point Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1