We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMy new point puller.. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

My new point puller..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hatrick

Hatrick

My new point puller.. Empty
PostSubject: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,
I just wanted to show everybody the new point puller I just got. I couldn't see paying the amount all the dart shops wanted for one. My buddy is a machinist and went to school for it. He has his own shop to right in his garage. I showed him a pic of the trulon point puller and asked him if he could make one. He didn't even take the pic and said he would have one for me by the end of the week..Well he called me today and I went to pick it up. It works like a dream!!!! I changed a set of darts in about 10 min. I love it !!! Here's a pic of he made..
cheers,
Hatrick
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am

That is freaking awesome!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:03 pm

very nice indeed. Wish I had one like that.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 pm

That looks great Lorne! looks just as good as the retail versions, very impressive! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Nice work there - the handle at the top looks easier to use as well than the retail version
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:47 pm

What a result, having never had the Trulon version, is that thread reversed right at the end to stop the dart unscrewing?

Certainly beats paying £35 for one when you can get someone to put something similar together for next to nothing.

I am guessing the only difference would be yours marks the old points with the grub screw (who cares, they usually go in the bin anyway) whereby the Trulon one, having 2 grub screws there doesn't?

regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Your exactly right rebel it does put a small little mark on them and yes it is reverse threaded, but also as you said I'm taking them out cause I dont want them anyways. Putting the new ones in I dont need to tighten it as hard so it leaves no mark at all. It works great! Can't complain for free he wouldn't take any money for it he said he made it out of some extra stuff he had layin around. The handle is nice on it I dont need plyers to help turn it.

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 pm

would it still mark the points if you had a small bit of foam rubber round it? Not that it matters I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 am

very nice hatrick! i'm on the fence right now about buying a repointer but they sure aren't cheap for something i'd use once or twice a year at most. my brother in the US has a repointer but it is a pain to have to mail them down and wait for him to mail them back.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:45 am

I know what ya mean bacon. Thats why I never bought one before and when my buddy said he could make one I was excited. He did a great job and it works great!! Every set of darts I get I change them to finger grip points as thats all I use, and anyone in our league that wants some changed I have told them I would do it for a beer one night when we play. I'm not lookin to make money off anyone here I play with but if they want to buy me a beer thats cool!! beer drink

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new point puller..   My new point puller.. Empty

Back to top Go down

My new point puller..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat-