We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPlay Better Darts DVD LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Play Better Darts DVD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Coach

The Coach

Play Better Darts DVD Empty
PostSubject: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Anyone familiar with this DVD? I've been thinking of getting the download since it's not available in a North American format. I hate downloads. I ordered a coaching download once and it was a nightmare. Of course, 2 weeks later the DVD came out. I emailed Play Better and they don't have plans for a North American version at this time.

http://playbetterdartsdvd.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

IMO just email George for flight school. It's free and probably better. Wasn't for me but know dozens that it worked for
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Good call on flight school - don't think it's for me either, but here is the link:

http://www.howtodarts.com/
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Not seen that dvd before coach, so I'm a little suspect about how good it might be, if it was good I'm sure others would have mentioned it elsewhere before now. I will have a dig about and if I find anything will let you know, but I would certainly give George's Flight School a go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Here is a Youtube clip of it:

Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

They sell the Dvd at red dragon gripster, although how useful it will be is another matter. I'd say flight school, George really seems to know what he's talking about. And flight schools practise routines are taylored to you.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 pm

The one thing I find slightly disturbing is the guy in the clip reminds me of Richard Attenboroughs portrayal of serial killer John Christie in "10 Rilington Place" affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:39 pm

I have down loaded and will report on this probably tomorrow after watching. I have watched 10-15 min and its good so far. I'm a flight schooler but always looking for tips etc. And visualization is a strong tool.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I've got a match tonight but if I'll try and download it off of youtube when I get back - there may be a few tips in there that I can find a use for.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I just bought it and downloaded the whole thing. Still a Flight school man though. And have George's book is me bible.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Send me a copy pops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 am

I did
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 am

I wouldn't waste my money on the video Coach. I subscribed to flight school and it has done nothing but change my game for the better and it is completely free
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 am

I highly recommend flight school buddy.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:41 am

I saw that youtube video and the first thing I thought was how tall is this guy? Isn't a board supposed to be 5"8" to the bull? The skipping from subject to subject was annoying. I do see a resemblance to a serial killer though. He certainly sounds like one. Evil or Very Mad
I checked out the Flight School website and I have that guy's new book coming and I already had his first book. The program seems kind of intense. I will sign up for it once our summer basketball program is over at the local high school.

Since it's only about 15 bucks, if there is anything helpful in the PBD download, I'll probably go for it. Hell, I have hundreds of books, DVDs and tapes on coaching and I still learn something almost every day.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 am

Coach e-mail sent to ya bud.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 am

The Coach wrote:
I saw that youtube video and the first thing I thought was how tall is this guy? Isn't a board supposed to be 5"8" to the bull? The skipping from subject to subject was annoying. I do see a resemblance to a serial killer though. He certainly sounds like one. Evil or Very Mad
I checked out the Flight School website and I have that guy's new book coming and I already had his first book. The program seems kind of intense. I will sign up for it once our summer basketball program is over at the local high school.

Since it's only about 15 bucks, if there is anything helpful in the PBD download, I'll probably go for it. Hell, I have hundreds of books, DVDs and tapes on coaching and I still learn something almost every day.

Yeah that clip is just a quick taster there is nothing in that to help really, the full thing is useful though, he looks like he is only short though.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am

Im gonna give my honest opinion here.

I just watched the first 30 minutes or so, soaked it all in and decided to go try his warm up methods and focusing etc... I've never shot so awful in my life. I had darts falling out of the board, landing sideway etc... could not even get three darts in the fat bed!

It took me about 45 minutes to forget everything and just get back to seeing my target and hitting it. Some may get some useful information out of this but I'm telling you from personal experience I haven't shot that bad since listening to a certain ones advice a couple months ago.

This video will make you think about your throw, stance and everything else which in my book is a big negative.

Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 am

i'm still waiting for bo's video. I dunno

Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:55 am

let me introduce you to disappointment:

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

rumandcork wrote:

lol on floor lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Thats Macs wife on their honeymoon, finding out that Mac has no balls! cry laugh
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 pm

getagrip wrote:
Thats Macs wife on their honeymoon, finding out that Mac has no balls! cry laugh

Wait until your boyfriend sees your carrot
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 am

rumandcork wrote:

That's hysterical cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 am

One persons trash another's treasure. Telling ya to focus "how can that be bad. Just my opinion and 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Better Darts DVD   Play Better Darts DVD Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Better Darts DVD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1