We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDart Master 3 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dart Master 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have one and I give it 9/10 Cost is the draw back between 350-400 USD buta great tool.

Tired of not having anyone to play against? Can't get motivated to practice when you're home alone? Hate finding out that you're out of chalk/dry erase markers at the beginning of a match? Tired of chalk dust getting all over the place? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this scorekeeper is for you.

You can play head-to-head against other throwers or against the scorekeeper itself. You can program it to play one of seven different skill levels in 301 DI/DO, 501 SI/DO and cricket (level 1 being the toughest). You'll want to leave your ego at the door, level 1 is truly a "Professional" level. Ton eighties are very common at this level in '01.

Pros:

You always have somebody to throw against even when you're home alone.
The computer opponent is not 'predictable'. Even at the lower levels it will occasionally hit a good score just like a new dart thrower will occasionally hit a ton.
I was very pleased with how it played cricket. It handles what to shoot at and when to score just like a human opponent would. Great "Artificial Intelligence" if that's the right term for it. It's smarter than some of the people I throw against here. :-)
It displays your point-per-dart averages at the end of each game of '01.
Easy to use interface. In '01 you just punch in your score with the number pad. In cricket, you hit the button next to the number you hit how ever many times you hit that number.
Scores are easy to read while standing at the line, even in well lit areas.
It speeds games up. It takes less time to punch in your score than to write it on a scoreboard.
You can correct any errors you may make when punching in your score.
You have an opponent that doesn't drink all your beer.

Cons:

Cost. It is a bit expensive at $300+.
You are limited to '01 and Cricket. But those are the games that are played at tournaments and in most leagues.
Picture this, you just spent over $300 on your new DartMaster III. You finally get it home and open up the box to check it out. Now you're just dying to try it out and take it to your dart room to hang it on your wall. That's when you notice, much to your surprise, that there's nothing in the box to hang it with! It can't be set on a shelf because it's too thin and the adapter plugs into the bottom of it. You would think for that kind of money the manufacturer could at least throw in 4 screws. The holes for the screws are already pre-drilled. I asked Mike at Horizon Darts about this (they don't make the board, just sell it) and he told me that in the future he would include the screws with them. Who says my ranting and raving never accomplishes anything? :-)

Credit to crowdarts.com
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I like it but as you say its not cheap, dont think its available in the U.K. though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 am

I've coveted it many, many times, but as you say the price is astronomical. Being unemployed at the moment it's a definite no, no for buying, BUT, when Employment comes my way it's still a thing I'll think about. Smile
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:56 am

i'm pretty sure the legion i play league in has one set up downstairs near the bar. we play upstairs as there is more room to hang +10 dartboards. never tried it though. might have to give it a shot one of these days.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 am

So are these on sale anywhere in the U.K.?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:27 am

outer Mongolia only chicken Good Luck spam just kidding mate order through Candian bacon and let him ship it to ya. ImO

I personally think you would really benefit from using it since you have no one to play against Darren.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:02 am

The shipping would not be cheap I bet, unless CB can nick the one from the club and send that to me LOL!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 am

I love the way it looks. Like something out of the original Star Trek.

However, I would think there are many pieces of software you could throw on a dedicated, cheap old laptop for $100 that would put it to shame. I haven't ever tried any of the darting software so I could be totally wrong, but still... $300? That seems a bit out there to me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:25 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

However, I would think there are many pieces of software you could throw on a dedicated, cheap old laptop for $100 that would put it to shame. I haven't ever tried any of the darting software so I could be totally wrong, but still... $300? That seems a bit out there to me.

Yeah there is a few programs available, I have not tried them myself so I dont know how good they are, most of that machine would be wasted on me anyway as I don't play Cricket.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:41 am

getagrip wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

Yeah there is a few programs available, I have not tried them myself so I dont know how good they are, most of that machine would be wasted on me anyway as I don't play Cricket.

Never have done, or just don't by choice?

If you've never, you really should try Cricket mate. It's a brilliant strategy game. To be good you MUST play the other player. Can't just play the board. It's a whole different experience, particularly against someone who thinks well but doesn't necessarily throw well. It's very easy to lose a game to an inferior player who out thinks you, and very easy to win against a much better thrower who doesn't.

I love it, personally. Also love '01, but it's a completely different mindset.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:52 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:
getagrip wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

Never have done, or just don't by choice?

If you've never, you really should try Cricket mate. It's a brilliant strategy game. To be good you MUST play the other player. Can't just play the board. It's a whole different experience, particularly against someone who thinks well but doesn't necessarily throw well. It's very easy to lose a game to an inferior player who out thinks you, and very easy to win against a much better thrower who doesn't.

I love it, personally. Also love '01, but it's a completely different mindset.

It sounds like a good game, but I just never played it, no real reason, probably because 01 is more popular here.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:06 am

It's a good game for practicing your big trebles.

It's also available in many shapes and forms in the UK Grip bud.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:42 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

well its very different than a computer that ya got to walk over and punch in, trust me on that one.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:47 am

I think I played a game of the U.K. style but dont think that was as involved as American Cricket.

I really should join a team I think.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:58 am

Yes you should, why haven't you yet??

Yeh the English version of Cricket is a LOT different from the American version.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:01 am

chrisbamb wrote:
Yes you should, why haven't you yet??

Yeh the English version of Cricket is a LOT different from the American version.

LOL! I'm not sure, just lazy I think!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

well its very different than a computer that ya got to walk over and punch in, trust me on that one.

I can definitely see that.

Maybe I'll win the lottery some day and give it a whirl. In the mean time I've got to pony up for some Cosmos. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:22 am

getagrip wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

Ya don't play 01 either ya tool. American Cricket will sharpen your game and is more fun for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:56 pm

one of the guys i play league with invited me over tonight to shoot some darts and get a little practice in before league tomorrow night. turns out he had a dartmaster 3 so i got to see one up close and use it tonight.

first off i gotta agree with larry, i was skeptical but it was a great little machine. easy to use with bright lights to let you know what you've got left. we started off playing against each other and it kept the score perfectly for us. it wasn't until we began playing doubles against the computer that it got to be a lot of fun. we lost the shoot for the bull in 501 (two darts to hit a bullseye, if you miss both time the computer goes first) and out of nowhere the computer started off with a 133. game on! we ended up playing through 3 or 4 different difficulty levels and i couldn't believe how realistic it was. it would hit tons, 60s, low 30s, 45s randomly. with each increasing difficulty the computer would get more confident and hit more consistent scores and get better on its doubles. it also keeps both your and your opponent's (whether computer or player) average for the match.

it wasn't until we played cricket that the computer began to show its true form. if you hit 4 20s to get a score, the computer would almost take it personal and from there it would try to outscore you. if 20s were closed it knew to hit 19s and go for the score. if you had 16s closed, it would go for 15s and so on. it was quite cheeky and we ended up losing the first game by a single bullseye! (something like 164 to 135) sometimes it would hit 4 or 5 scores, other rounds it would 1 or none.

like larry i'm giving it a 9/10 only because they aren't cheap. i'm definitely considering getting one for myself simply for the computer play as i'm sure it would help pass the time practicing alone. i was surprised at how much fun it was, we would even gloat if we beat it haha. i hit a 180 and my buddy was like "oh yeah, how'd ya like that ya little asshole?!" haha.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:58 pm

LOL! it sounds evil!, as long as it doesn't turn psycho like H.A.L. from 2001 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I had one of the 1st batch of Dartmaster III's made. Old as dirt and still worked/looked new. My friend also has a newer one with the easier to use buttons. For some reason his Dartmaster is easier to play against. For example, playing cricket on level 2 on his I can beat the cpu on a pretty regular basis. On mine I might get 2 games out of 10. I'm throwing about 5 or so marks per round at this damn thing too. My Dartmaster is incredibly hard.

Sold it on Feebay for $225 last year. No

Regret it. Didn't think I'd get back into darts.
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I am dying to get one, if anyone knows where I can find one to purchase I would appreciate a link. I check eBay every few days to see if one has been posted. A guy on my league team fixes them for bars here (one bar has 5 and they tend to get hit with errant darts from newbies) and he was telling me they quit making them. I did see, however, that the schematics and copyright had been purchased by someone in NY that is supposed to start making and selling them again. I have tried the other electronic scorers and they just don't measure up. For as plain as this looks it is a genius in strategy, and when I spoke with Mitch Payton(who was at one time #1 in America and #4 in the world) he said he used to play against his for hours on end to get better. I can't think of a more resounding endorsement. On a side note, the Dartsmate electronic scorer is NOT worth the money. It isn't intuitive at all, and I don't like that it doesn't show your previous score in 01.
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Also, Grip, you have got to give cricket a go. Warning, however, playing some of the top cricket players, especially Americans, is very frustrating because throwing enough points on an opponent to frustrate them is a legitimate (and fairly successful) strategy. Games can get a little personal, but it truly is like playing chess with darts because you have to think of all possible outcomes and how your opponent will react. You have to make them play your game, again like chess. After a good 501 match I like to either bask in throwing great darts or rave over the person that beat me for throwing phenomenal, after a good cricket match I generally need a smoke and a glass of bourbon because it can be quite a taxing game
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

DerekJones wrote:
Also, Grip, you have got to give cricket a go. Warning, however, playing some of the top cricket players, especially Americans, is very frustrating because throwing enough points on an opponent to frustrate them is a legitimate (and fairly successful) strategy. Games can get a little personal, but it truly is like playing chess with darts because you have to think of all possible outcomes and how your opponent will react. You have to make them play your game, again like chess. After a good 501 match I like to either bask in throwing great darts or rave over the person that beat me for throwing phenomenal, after a good cricket match I generally need a smoke and a glass of bourbon because it can be quite a taxing game

Sounds intense!

Dont think anyone over here plays it though, so it would have to be against a computer probably, how long does a typical game of cricket last?
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 am

Well, a typical cricket game varies. One big difference between cricket and 01 is the importance of winning the cork. If you are playing someone that is equally as talented as you, winning the cork can make quite the difference. Gaining control of the 20s early can make a massive difference. For example, should you win the cork and open with S20, S20, T20 the only throw your opponent can make to truly take a lead is a round of 9.(either T19,T19,T19 or T19,T19, T20). If, for example, they throw T19,T19, S20, they have a 17 point lead and threw 2 more marks than you. However, you only need a single 20 to take back the point lead and then have two darts to either close the 19 or run up the points even more. So deciding how long the game lasts is really up to the players. You can have two guys that both decide to wage a point war on each other ( I was in a match with a teammate of mine that went to 3 legs, 1100+ points each in all three, took quite a while, but he's a friend and we like messing with each other) and those can take some time. Actually, cricket games are the exact opposite of 01 when you look at the relationship of skill vs length of game. In 01, if you have 2 great players they will get done in 12 or so darts, in cricket two great players becomes a bit of a chess match, and they inevitably get at a stalemate waiting for the other to slip up. If I have 20,19,18 closed, and you have 20,19,17 closed the match generally turns into me throwing at 18s and you at 17s until one of us has a lead that we feel comfortable throwing to close the others number. And that's when the game gets nuts, because if you have a lead and close my 18 I have to go after 16 to catch you on points, and every 17 you hit, should I get ahead, is worth two 16s to regain the lead, or if you miss at my 18 I have free reign to go after your 17 and take control
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:48 am

If you are ever interested, I will gladly play you some, if you have Skype, we can work out a time to play each other online so you can get a little bit of a feel for it. Check out dartproleague.com it is quite an interesting concept, and they have some software you can download for free to play on
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 am

Cheers Derek, will check that out, and thanks for the offer but I doubt I will be a match for you.

Trouble is a lot depends on how my wrist and shoulder are, so some weeks like the last 2 I have hardly thrown more than a few mins at a time.

But may take you up on it as I am sorting out my room and will have my board near my PC soon Very Happy

It sounds like a game I could get interested in though, it certainly adds a different element of skill, like you say its practically "Darts Chess" Smile
Back to top Go down
DerekJones

DerekJones

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 am

Any time, and don't worry about being a game for me, I am sure you will be able to hold your own. The only way to learn it is to do it I always say.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Thats true Derek, its the only way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dart Master 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dart Master 3   Dart Master 3 Empty

Back to top Go down