We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWorst purchase? - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Worst purchase?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

Worst purchase? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 am

For me has to be those modified chisnalls, with postage they cost me £35. Played well with them for a week and then couldnt do squat with them. Sold them to mac in the end.

Also not a dart related purchase but found a betting slip in my wallet earlier today, dated monday (league night) must have had more to drink than i thought, dont remember going to the bookies at all. Any way i put a quid on liverpool to be relegated at 66/1. That's a stupid purchase!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 am

My hammerheads and blackwidows. moveable point darts way way to expensive 100-150 a pop and totally a niche use item
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:31 am

nooooooooooooooooooo movable points ya hear me, noooooooo , nooooooo, nooooo lol!
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:25 am

mine is target pro tour aswell the board is half made of carboard and the bull is off centre and fell out and it wears so fast it is unture.i read lots saying this board is very good for me it is worse than a bad pub old board stay well clear.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 am

1). Paid over £70 for a set of Unicorn Sigma XL Pros....... and hated them from the word go Sad Thankfully got about £60 back for them on ebay
2). My customs........ cant get on with them at all and even got them laser etched Laughing
3). Cosmo stuff........ bought a few different sets of flights/stems but they all seemed to make my darts land in the board at strange angles, not for me and the prices are extortionate!
Back to top Go down
http://tehbasement.com/forum.php
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:57 am

Goofy wrote:
1). Paid over £70 for a set of Unicorn Sigma XL Pros....... and hated them from the word go Sad Thankfully got about £60 back for them on ebay
2). My customs........ cant get on with them at all and even got them laser etched Laughing
3). Cosmo stuff........ bought a few different sets of flights/stems but they all seemed to make my darts land in the board at strange angles, not for me and the prices are extortionate!

I have been on ya site several times mate and its a gas man! good job lotta cool people there. (hijacked the thread lol)

Last edited by SilverSaber on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add to post.)
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 am

Cheers Larry, you're welcome there any time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 am

My Target Hi Viz Play Vision Dartboard. Too soft and had gluey residue. It's wearing faster than my previous Winmau Pro SFB board.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 pm

the_cutter wrote:
My Target Hi Viz Play Vision Dartboard. Too soft and had gluey residue. It's wearing faster than my previous Winmau Pro SFB board.

I think dvsdog said his board was sticky at first too, he got the Pro Tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 am

getagrip wrote:
the_cutter wrote:

yeah. so I guess it's okay to say that Target makes really nice darts but not dartboards.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:06 am

the_cutter wrote:
getagrip wrote:
the_cutter wrote:

yeah. so I guess it's okay to say that Target makes really nice darts but not dartboards.

Hmm would have to get a bit more feedback first to be sure, but its possible there may have been some other issue what caused it, never had one myself so can only go by others opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Neil Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 am

a 'snooker' board.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Embarrassingly I bought 4 unicorn boards without reading or looking at them. The had painted numbers affraid so couldn't rotate them. I ended up giving them to charity along with some bar darts.
Back to top Go down
Goofy

Goofy

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 pm

getagrip wrote:
the_cutter wrote:
getagrip wrote:
the_cutter wrote:

Hmm would have to get a bit more feedback first to be sure, but its possible there may have been some other issue what caused it, never had one myself so can only go by others opinions.

I've had one too, not a patch on the Blade 4 Smile
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 pm

the_cutter wrote:

Must have missed this the 1st time, but I'm on my 3rd Pro Vision Target board and I love them.

However, I cant say the same for the Target Pro Leather Wallets, had 3 now - 2 went within weeks due to the thread holding the pockets wearing, thus splitting the pockets rendering them useless.
Third one, the zip snapped first time I opened it No

Needless to say there wont be a 4th time. No

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 am

there is a few lol

1. Winmau re grooved points they are terrible in my opinion wreck the board and ware quick

2. barney saw grip darts or any other dart razzor gripped dart which is expensive they ware really quickly and if you play alot you would need about 6 or 7 sets a year.

3. Unicorn flights and Stems they are crap if i am honest dont last at all.

4. this is a strange one but entry to most BDO run comps you wait around for ages for your first game or first few with no where to practice and no where to sit make it to the last 16 and win £20 or less and you have spent more on beer lol horrible one to say as i love the lakeside comp but there you go PDC is the way forward for any player with ambitions in darts.

Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 am

agreed on unicorn flights and stems , look and feel rubbish !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst purchase?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2