We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagespost your best and WORST of the day  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

post your best and WORST of the day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

post your best and WORST of the day  Empty
PostSubject: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am

i really struggle with consistency and get very varied results in practise . it would be good to see how we all vary throughout a practise session. for example to my best today was a 21 dart finish and i was over the moon however 64 darts in another leg soured it quite a bit! what about yours ?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 am

I dont have that big a gap in my games, but I play against the computer on N01, so I dont get the chance to take 64 darts.

I usually manage a 13 or 14 darter in a session and in league I have had the odd 35+ darters.

Consistency can take time to develop. Patience is a great asset when you start out on your dart journey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:04 am

Not sure what your practice routine is Jamie, but I would certainly stop playing a game if it lasted that long. Seems as though there was no pressure, so maybe that's why it was a poor game?

I would highly recommend the N01 program so you can play against a computer. You can set it so the game doesn't go over a certain amount of darts, 36 for example. That way you know in your own mind you better not let off the gas.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 am

i use different routines during the week then on sunday i play 30 legs of 501 . i entering all the scores on an app on my phone ,but it was affecting me when playing a bad leg i could see my averages slipping away. so this week i just wrote my scores down to keep count . then at the end had a little count up and couldn't believe the variation .
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am

Jamie, when I used to write my scores down, I had a cut off point. I started at 24 darts. This was close to what I was playing against in league. Get out in 24 and under and I can win most games at league.

As I got more and more out under 24, I would move my limit down to 21 darts. If I didnt get out before I hit my limit, then I classed that as a loss and started a new game.

This helps put a bit of pressure on and gives me motivation to win, because I hate losing, even to a limit! lol
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 pm

I agree with Jimbo's post there, playing a leg up to 64 darts is a pointless exercise as there is no way you should have get to that point in a real match.

Like Jimbo when I first started darts I set myself a limit of 30 darts per leg maximum, if I hadn't finished in that then it was game over. This overtime lowers as you get better and better.

There's also a program called KP-darts which is a great program. You play against actual professional players in a proper Darts Season featuring all the Tournaments on the circuit. The standards high, so expect to lose a lot, but the main thing is it improves you as a player because you are playing against a high standard. For example the other day I played 2 Tournaments and had a 1 dart average of 23 and lost 3-0, 3-1 to Nicholson and then lost 7-5 in the next Tournament to someone ranked 68th.

The good thing is it keeps your Seasons tally and gives you ranking points and cash just as in real life and it's a whole lot of fun. Funnily enough Taylor is still ranked Number 1 even though the scores are computer generated. Smile
Back to top Go down
RickyThys

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi,
i would finish each game started, even if it takes upto 64 darts.
To me it says alot about Jamie373's character. He doesn't give up.
It might seem a small thing, a small issue, but it is important to keep that mental condition, you just never give up. Once you give up, it becomes easier to give up the next time, and along the road you might end up giving up in a real game when you're 200 points behind.
No game is lost or won until one of the players hits that final double.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:24 pm

RickyThys wrote:
Hi,
i would finish each game started, even if it takes upto 64 darts.
To me it says alot about Jamie373's character. He doesn't give up.
It might seem a small thing, a small issue, but it is important to keep that mental condition, you just never give up. Once you give up, it becomes easier to give up the next time, and along the road you might end up giving up in a real game when you're 200 points behind.
No game is lost or won until one of the players hits that final double.

Hello and welcome Ricky, thats a very good point you make there good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: post your best and WORST of the day    post your best and WORST of the day  Empty

Back to top Go down

post your best and WORST of the day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1