We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWorst purchase? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Worst purchase?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:52 am

What is the worst purchase or waste of money you have spent on darts?

Mine........a blade 4 board......not enjoying it at all
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 am

mine has to be a cheap chalk holder i bought. used it for about a week and ended up dropping it once and broke it. not the most expensive purchase, but a shitty one none the less.

i just put up a blade 4 a few weeks ago, i don't mind it. i rotate it daily because the storm points i use aren't kind to it. i don't know how long it will last, but its a step in the right direction compared to the old 80's nodor board i had up before. my league also just got 12 new blade 4s put up last week, paid for by local sponsors. so its nice to play on the same board in league as i do at home.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am

Yeah....mines lack depth of colour...it holds up ok and like you we play on a blade 4 in comps too.......still don't like it though
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 am

About 2 months ago......bought a lot full of steel tip conversion points, add-o-grams,shafts.....did not realize must of the shafts and add-o-grams 1/4 thread!!! Nobody uses them!!!lol Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:15 am

Grip Wax, totally rubbish!! thankfully was only cheap lol!

Also every set of darts I buy, something wrong with them, they dont hit enough 180's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 am

lol on floor

I've a few sets of them too Grip!! darts throw
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:50 am

Rebel wrote:
lol on floor

I've a few sets of them too Grip!! darts throw

Yeah we should send em back for a refund! chicken
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:51 am

Target Pro Tour Board I got end of last Oct. Was great outta the box and all the reviews I had checked b4 purchase were positive. Hung it up and it was too soft with 25 mm points going right to the back. Thunk! Then it got gooey/sticky residue in parts that came out on the points. Next a few of the wires started to warp and one of them splintered. Oh, then the bristles would pop out in clumps when a dart already in the board got hit and turned sideways. Trims off but still.
Yet stand at the oche and other then the couple warped wires it looks great. TPT still gets great reviews so I'm mixed in my thoughts on a replacement and I keep this one for it's sentimental value as a friend arranged to send it from the UK when it couldn't be bought over here yet.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:20 am

Tridents! Cost a bomb for what they are and last a couple of sets tops!
Had 4 spools of these and each time I put a new set on, they were mangled after 10-15mins use! Absolute waste of money.
Worth the extra couple of quid for Storm points IMO.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

Rebel wrote:
Tridents! Cost a bomb for what they are and last a couple of sets tops!
Had 4 spools of these and each time I put a new set on, they were mangled after 10-15mins use! Absolute waste of money.
Worth the extra couple of quid for Storm points IMO.

best post

i'm with ya 100% mate. i forgot about the tridents. paid wayyy too much for them and then they only lasted a few days before they were too beat up to even use. then when i had 3 left, i lost one so i had 2 kicking around in my spare parts box haha. i do love storm points though, 3 out of 4 of my sets have them fitted.
Back to top Go down
haydenw

haydenw

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 am

For me it was my bulls advantage 2. I know alot of people love the board but for me it was way too hard, had countless darts drop out (not bounce out) and the only way i'd get them to stay in was by roughing them up with sandpaper.
Back to top Go down
haydenw

haydenw

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:01 am

Also any aluminium stems, 1 robin hood and they're f$ck$d. Didn't use nylon stems for a while after i started playing but they are so much better and more durable. Nylon stems are one of the best purchases IMO.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:12 pm

4 Unicorn boards on sell, got them and they had no ring!! so no rotating!! gave them all away to boys club!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 pm

4 for me:

Blade 4 board - was ok for about a month then bits started falling off it

Eclipse Pro board - don't like the glue that seems to get on your darts every throw

Aluminium stems - see haydenw's comment above

Bull's dart case - after a couple of weeks the foam inserts fell out

There's probably a couple more, but these will do to be getting on with lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Would have to agree about ally stems, they are too easily broken and often very awkward to get flights in.

Tridents again do mangle up but I still like to use them, someone one SEWA I think, made some homemade Tridents from aluminium which was cool, but yeah Storm points are better really.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Didn't think there would be so many poor products. thanks lads really interesting read.....with folk putting in their best product I'll start a thread about that too.

oh and a final thought......
dimplex stems????? WTF is the point of them....never used them though and never think I will
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

I got some dimplex stems with my Harrows dimples, but never tried them, I think its just another marketing gimmick, I mean the dart is only travelling a few feet so cant see the dimplex pattern having much effect, whereas a golf ball travels alot further through the air.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 am

getagrip wrote:
I got some dimplex stems with my Harrows dimples, but never tried them, I think its just another marketing gimmick, I mean the dart is only travelling a few feet so cant see the dimplex pattern having much effect, whereas a golf ball travels alot further through the air.

I play golf and quite often I could throw a ball further than I hit the thing!!!! But i agree in theory that a golf ball will travel further!!
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Has to be when I bought the Puma Bandit. (It states itself to be "The worlds finest bristle dartboard.") It took only a few weeks before the Bullseye fell out.
Wasn't cheap either at 110 Australian Dollars.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm

x2v wrote:
Has to be when I bought the Puma Bandit. (It states itself to be "The worlds finest bristle dartboard.") It took only a few weeks before the Bullseye fell out.

Thats the DMI Bandit in U.S. and the Bulls Advantage in the U.K.

I love my Bulls Advantage 2, but there was a problem with the early ones of the Bullseye working loose and falling out. That was sorted, I have had mine over 2 years now and it is lasting far better than my Blade 3 which I had previously.

Not sure if I will get another one though, simply because I feel like trying a different board and heard the Harrows Matchplay boards are a very good overlooked board, so may get one of them. Still plenty of life left in my Bulls yet though.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Well, here we go, my Cosmos!! Like Marmite - some people love them, some people hate them. Paid a fortune for them and used them twice, just haven't got on with them. They seem to change my throw somehow.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm

getagrip wrote:
x2v wrote:

I love my Bulls Advantage 2, but there was a problem with the early ones of the Bullseye working loose and falling out. That was sorted, I have had mine over 2 years now and it is lasting far better than my Blade 3 which I had previously

Not sure if I will get another one though, simply because I feel like trying a different board and heard the Harrows Matchplay boards are a very good overlooked board, so may get one of them. Still plenty of life left in my Bulls yet though.
[b]

Come on though Darren, it doesn't get much use though does it? Your dartboard surrounds on the other hand - you must get through a few of them lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm

dannyd180 wrote:
getagrip wrote:
x2v wrote:

I love my Bulls Advantage 2, but there was a problem with the early ones of the Bullseye working loose and falling out. That was sorted, I have had mine over 2 years now and it is lasting far better than my Blade 3 which I had previously

[b]

Come on though Darren, it doesn't get much use though does it? Your dartboard surrounds on the other hand - you must get through a few of them lol!

LOL! True!

Right, where's that ban button! lol!
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 pm

We use the Harrows at Rileys and to be fair no matter which board they've had up there, they all seem to wear pretty quickly. Having said that, I do like the Harrows compared to some of the others they've had up as the darts do seem to go in much easier with less Bounce/drop outs.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 pm

I think Harrows have a new board coming out the Pro Matchplay, not sure when its out though.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:19 pm

getagrip wrote:
I think Harrows have a new board coming out the Pro Matchplay, not sure when its out though.

Yeah they have a new website and I saw some information on it about the new board, no release date though!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 am

Well not the worst purchase but the most stupid so far. 10 sets of ally stems but forgot to order the o-rings. <smacks self in the face>

I might have to give the nylon/punch thing a try. I admit the ally stems do ruin quickly (although I can usual manage to repair 2 robin hoods before I have to bin them).

But I have this terror (and have heard horror stories) about breaking one off at the thread line and not being able to get the piece out of the barrel.

Not a good idea to have to perform major surgery on your darts during a match and at least with the ally I can just spin it out and put in a new one on the go.

I keep three loaded up in my case during a match just to be safe. Have only had to use one so far, but that peace of mind knowing that I'm 30 seconds away from being able to play no matter how bad I crush one is big for me.

Thoughts/opinions/rants? (and anybody know if any pro's use the ally's? I can't recall ever seeing one of them throw anything but nylon of one sort or another...)
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

I might have to give the nylon/punch thing a try. I admit the ally stems do ruin quickly (although I can usual manage to repair 2 robin hoods before I have to bin them).

But I have this terror (and have heard horror stories) about breaking one off at the thread line and not being able to get the piece out of the barrel.

are you talking about nylon/poly stems breaking and getting stuck in the barrel? if so, i wouldn't worry much about it. i've used nylon/poly stems for 7 months now with no breakage or anything. i use short/tweenie stems with punched flights and target rings and haven't had any problems. before i got the punch the prongs would start to wear/spread quickly but with the rings i could use the same set of shafts for months. i have robin hooded a few shafts, but due to the rings it has only slight bent the prong it hit, rather then breaking the prong off.

i was at a tournament a week ago and between two players they broke 6 stems all at the threads. they managed to get every piece out hassle free. i think it was mainly because they were using cheapy long/extra long shafts. if i ever had a break that was really stuck i'd just take a lighter to one of my points and use it to unscrew the threaded end.
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 am

getagrip wrote:
x2v wrote:

I love my Bulls Advantage 2, but there was a problem with the early ones of the Bullseye working loose and falling out. That was sorted, I have had mine over 2 years now and it is lasting far better than my Blade 3 which I had previously.

I FIND THE BRISTLES ARE COMING OUT OF MY BOARD....THE TIPS OF MY DARTS ARE SMOOTH AS A BABIES ASS!!! THEY SHOULD NOT BE COMING OUT THIS FAST!!!! nOT IMPRESSED WITH THE BANDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
censored
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:57 am

bump new members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst purchase?   Worst purchase? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst purchase?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next