We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTaking a few days off from Darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Taking a few days off from Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Taking a few days off from Darts Empty
PostSubject: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 pm

I have been playing and practicing to the point of burn out. Loss a game last night to a Blind squirrel that I have beaten with ease at least 10-12 times. I couldn't hit a thing and the harder I tried the worse I got. Talked to me partner and he agrees I just burned out a bit and need a few days away from the board. This too shall pass happy dude and when I do return - watch out!!!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:42 pm

I have noticed that practice routines that normally take me 30 min was running 45-50 min a clear indication to me of the Burn Out affraid
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 am

That's a fair point mate sometimes you just need to rest. I have been doing the same recently spending less time on the board and less time on here and it has been good. It is very easy to get carried away with it all and just go with the flow. There is more to life than the PC and Darts , not much more I agree but there is a massive world out there that is craving being explored and I don't mean travelling miles just in your area, so go explore mate all the other stuff will still be here when you return. Always remember the most important person in your life is YOU and only YOU know when things aren't right. I know the other half is important and some may say they are the most important person in your life but trust me if you don't take care of YOU she/he won't have anyone to love so it's definitely YOU. Take care buddy & see you soon and as I always say Stay Special.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks Big Appreciate ya post mate.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:02 am

Nothing wrong at all with that Larry we all need that break every now and again. Like Big said the darts will always be there whenever you are ready to get back at it and I'm sure you will.. You have to much passion for the game!! Good Luck!!

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:47 am

I know how you feel Larry. Enjoy the time off. Get a little R&R and when you get the bug again, as Big said, everything will be here/there waiting for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:01 am

very easy to get burn out from darts . everything in the house ready to play whenever you want , don't need anyone to play against , easy to get right into it and spend hours upon hours practicing. add that to the fact you play league , sell darts, buy darts , talk about darts , help run a darts forum and that a whole lot of darts lol . take a week or 2 of and come back reinvigorated and you'll feel all the better for it
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 am

Larry, you'll get withdrawals mate, you'll be sat there tapping your fingers and wondering what to do Lol
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 am

Seasons end is always a good time to leave the darts alone for a week or 2. It helps me recharge the batteries and keeps my enthusiasm up.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 am

I agree with the Gun man Larry, as the song says "a change will do you good". Maybe you should go on vacation somewhere nice and warm to try and relax, say like Florida. DOH!!!
You live there already lol on floor lol on floor lol on floor
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Have a break... Have a Kit Kat
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a few days off from Darts   Taking a few days off from Darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a few days off from Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1