We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGot This In Post Today LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Got This In Post Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Got This In Post Today Empty
PostSubject: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:10 am

The New Unicorn 2013 Book Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks like they are doing replicas of the original Silver comet boxes too:

Seem some of the Carbon Stems can be cut to size:

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 am

Don't know when but I've asked for a copy of the book as well.

I sent an email to Unicorn today and apparently City Link tried to deliver the board I won mid-June but nobody was in so they sent it back to Unicorn. They are going to send me another and they will include the book at the same time. Hopefully this time City Link will leave a card so I can rearrange delivery if I'm not in!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 am

is it too awkward to have it delivered to your work place?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:32 am

Not really - they have loads of rubbish delivered here. The problem i would then have would be to get it home on the train.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:36 am

yeah thats what I meant really travelling home, didn't know if you used the train or not, oh well.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 am

That looks really cool Grip, see it never hurts to ask
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 am

The new Steffi Luck darts look awesome. I really liked her current darts, so I will almost definately get a set of the new ones!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 am

Yeah I like the look of them too but they look very similar to Mark Dudbridge's darts to be honest.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 am

Got home a short while ago and the board was here - well pleased as I was expecting to have to take a day off from work lol. Didn't get the book of darts - hopefully a copy is in the normal post, but no biggie if it's not.

And I saw those Steffi Luck darts as well - I'll be getting a set of those myself, and maybe another couple of sets - I'm going to try not to go too mad on these releases. That will most likely last about 5 minutes once they are all in stock lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 am

So I guess it wa not the new Eclipse HD board then Very Happy

There is still Target darts to come out yet, but I fancy those Carbon Sigmas Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 am

Target have got a countdown timer on there homepage now, 28 days, 13 hours and 3 minutes until revolution not evolution is what the timer says. Im guessing its a countdown to anouncing the new range.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 am

it wouldn't do for me to have one of those catologs...i stay on the toilet long enough as it is. HA

-sounds like target's taking a cheeky crack at the unicorn stuff...lol
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:37 am

I hadnt even made that connection rummers but now you mention it yeah it does! Naughty naughty lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:30 pm

rumandcork wrote:
it wouldn't do for me to have one of those catologs...i stay on the toilet long enough as it is. HA

-sounds like target's taking a cheeky crack at the unicorn stuff...lol

Ah the bog, my favourite place for peace and quiet! diarrhea

Yeah I thought the same thing with that tag line, its deffo a dig at Unicorn Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Rather buy target products anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Definately a dig at Unicorn, and to be honest I can see why. I had a look at a few online darts shop at their 2013 Unicorn pages, and the same on the unicorn site. there are some new darts, and granted some of them look very nice. What I don't ge though, is why all of Taylors darts are on there, completely unchanged, including all of his phases - what about any of them is new for 2013??????

I am interested to see what 2013 will bring for Target! Maybe some new coatings, some changes to Chizzys, maybe silica fusions?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 pm

The taylor stuff is all now being sold ''barrel's only'' danny. Why unicorn see this as new is beyond me, I can only assume they ran out of stuff to fill there book with.

Really hoping for stone chizzys from target. Wonder if they'll announce some stone lewis's aswell. Board gripper storms aswell!!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Thefox180 wrote:
The taylor stuff is all now being sold ''barrel's only'' danny. Why unicorn see this as new is beyond me, I can only assume they ran out of stuff to fill there book with.

Really hoping for stone chizzys from target. Wonder if they'll announce some stone lewis's aswell. Board gripper storms aswell!!

Just think it's getting silly really, I bought some phase 3 Taylors as barrels only about two years ago lol! I understand why they want to constantly push his stuff as he is their biggest asset, but in the absence of any changes, new coatings etc, why call it 2013??

As far as the Target stuff goes, I think board gripper storms would be great, or storm points with the diamond etching!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:30 pm

I'll agree with you mate, its getting stupid now.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Well I wonder even after Taylor has retired will they still bring out new Phases of his dart?

They must be Unicorn's biggest selling dart I would have thought, will we see a Phase 10, or 15 or more?

I doubt if Target will bring out stone chizzy's they only just brought out the current ones but you never know.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 pm

I can't see Target bringing out any new Chizzy darts just yet - they may do an official release of the Chizzy L Flights though.

One range I wouldn't be surprised to see from them is a steel tip version of THESE, and even possibly a steel tip version of THESE as well - although if they do come out then hopefully the prices get reduced lol
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 pm

I do like the look of those distinctions!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Yeah they look great!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm tempted to get a set of the soft tip version if they don't do a steel tip, and then get some of these points so I can use them on my normal board
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Could you drop down to an 18g dart though?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 pm

I know I can't throw 15g as those pesky Bunting Bullets go all over the shop for me, but I can throw 20g darts - so somewhere in the middle I'm not too sure. I do fancy the idea of getting some soft tip darts and a board at some time though.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:36 am

getagrip wrote:
Well I wonder even after Taylor has retired will they still bring out new Phases of his dart?

They must be Unicorn's biggest selling dart I would have thought, will we see a Phase 10, or 15 or more?

I wonder if the Phase 5s are that great a seller though? Apart from people who don't know much about darts buying them as gifts I can't see how they'd be a great seller, particularly as the Bullet shape is not as common as the straight barrel and the fact that most darts players would baulk at the price unless they were certain they'd like them. Plus the majority of High street retailers sell Taylor "endorsed" darts which are probably the most commonly bought gift for the beginner.

There are so many competing Brands these days that offer exceptional quality darts I can't see any one style of dart dominating the sales. I suppose Lewis, Taylor and Barney would be the big sellers but can't see the Phase 5 outselling any of them. I would've guessed that the Phase IIs and Phase IIIs would be a much better seller, particularly as they can be got quite cheaply barrels only. Purely my opinion though, maybe the Phase 5s are a good seller.

I can see Unicorn milking Taylor for as long as they possibly can though I think Target have made massive inroads on Unicorns position as Number 1 Brand and they may overtake them. Have to say I've not been overly impressed with the majority of Unicorn darts I've had, considering the price. I got a set of Devon Petersons recently and the Micro Grip along the scallop had clearly visible bits of dirt in it inside the packaging! They just don't seem as well made as some other brands, particularly Target.

Whoa, long post Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:41 am

What are the devons like to through sean? I nearly picked up a set but opted for the chisnalls instead
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:58 am

Sorry I meant the whole range of Unicorn Taylor darts really, not just the Phase 5 and 6.

I do think the quality is not quite as good as the darts they had years ago, but that could be because I have bought a lot of sets and had a few were they never seemed as well made but I have had others were they did seem to be very good. I don't know if that has anything to do with the high volume they must produce, cant really say but guess there is no excuse really.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 am

Got home a short while ago and the catalogue was waiting for me - looking forward to flicking through it later this evening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got This In Post Today   Got This In Post Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Got This In Post Today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next