We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images3 Perfect Darts? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

3 Perfect Darts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 am

Now to me and most everyone else 3 perfect darts would no doubt be 3 darts that hit the target and mostly that would be the triple 20 bed.

But yesterday I was throwing at the Treble 17, and I hit just above the wire of it, but although I missed the target the dart and mostly my stroke felt just right as it left my hand. I threw the next two darts and they all nestled nicely together above the T17 wire with the points near enough touching.

For that brief moment everything felt so right, the feel of the dart in my hand the release and follow through it was almost like a trance or zen moment! I only wish I could have that feeling more often but actually hit the target too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 am

I hear ya. IMO three darts like that grip are "perfect darts"
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 am

USMC80 wrote:
I hear ya. IMO three darts like that grip are "perfect darts"

Yeah its a great feeling when it happens, just wish I knew how to make it happen more, must be amazing when a player gets there first 9 darter.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 am

thinking the ring system will help me even more with putting them tighter
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 am

agree- feels like their on a string when that happens. try to recapture that moment and stay in the groove as long as possible---that makes it easier to find it again later. happy for ya bud.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:45 am

yeah need to do be able to repeat it, I think the mind starts to mess things up again thats why I lose it confused
Back to top Go down

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:33 am

Way to go!! I had a similar moment today - pulled out my Bulls Barney's and threw them for maybe ten minutes. Once I was warmed up, I was doing well hitting the targets I was aiming for - I stopped when I hit a ton 40. It sure is a nice feeling, I just wish I could have it all the time. I mean, what is it like to be a pro and be in the zone most of the time?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 am

canuckdartnut wrote:
Way to go!! I had a similar moment today - pulled out my Bulls Barney's and threw them for maybe ten minutes. Once I was warmed up, I was doing well hitting the targets I was aiming for - I stopped when I hit a ton 40. It sure is a nice feeling, I just wish I could have it all the time. I mean, what is it like to be a pro and be in the zone most of the time?

Yeah its annoying in a way because when you do it once you scratch your head and think why cant I do it all the time, must something to do with the planets and stars aligning at just the right moment LOL Great when it happens though!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 am

anybody got rings yet?
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:46 am

nope, not out yet and not sure if they ship to US
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:54 am

It definitely is a nice feeling when they are going right - not so much last night, but the previous matches it just felt that the game was "easy", everything was flowing as it should do.

Darren, you really need to try and find a team and then I reckon the feeling would come more often
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 am

mc1958 wrote:
It definitely is a nice feeling when they are going right - not so much last night, but the previous matches it just felt that the game was "easy", everything was flowing as it should do.

Darren, you really need to try and find a team and then I reckon the feeling would come more often

Yeah about time I did really, not sure if I will but might ask around someone may be desperate enough to have me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:44 am

once your in the zone i would recommend to keep throwing throughout the crest. what i mean is don't cut your practice short just cause your throwing good darts..keep plugging away and let your muscle memory build. the longer you stay in the groove, the easier it will be to recognize later.

Also question D, -have you ever tried throwing 21 darts in succesion on one throw rather than the standard 3. I say 21 cause that about all i can hold with my dog one one throw. I think it minimizes having to reset and lets the darter settle into the groove.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:32 am

wanna pic of that.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

we'll do chicken
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

rumandcork wrote:
once your in the zone i would recommend to keep throwing throughout the crest. what i mean is don't cut your practice short just cause your throwing good darts..keep plugging away and let your muscle memory build. the longer you stay in the groove, the easier it will be to recognize later.

Also question D, -have you ever tried throwing 21 darts in succesion on one throw rather than the standard 3. I say 21 cause that about all i can hold with my dog one one throw. I think it minimizes having to reset and lets the darter settle into the groove.

Sounds interesting, I do have 6 or 7 sets that are all the same style, 23 or 24g, straight barrel, around 50mm, think I will have a go at this, cheers.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm

rumandcork wrote:

Not tried that but its a very good tip Rum, and I think it will be a great way develop the muscle memory, the only thing is I think it would work best if the darts were all the same, failing that it would have to be the same weight at the least. Think I have a few sets that might fit the bill though, going to give it a shot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:25 am

took some photos last will get them up later...all my darts are different styles...and i think it would work even better if all were similar. even if you were just doing 3 or 4 sets at a time(which might be better to reduce fatigue) you begin to think less and feel more.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 am

Cheers Rumm, good tip have a plus one from me.
Back to top Go down

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 am

A few years ago, I bought two exact sets of darts for that purpose. Sadly, they didn't turn out to be the dart I wanted but I always wondered if it would help my game.
Back to top Go down

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:28 am

The feeling of throwing 3 perfect darts is like nothing else.

Sometimes when you step to the line and throw they go exactly where you want them to go.

You say to yourself "that was easy".

Then the next throw is a bag of rusty nails.

I think that's what keeps me coming back.

The feeling of a perfect throw. Seems so easy at times, And there no other feeling then

hitting a 180, 6 bulls, or a massive checkout.

Getting in the zone for just a few minutes and hitting anything you want.

Oh, how I love that feeling.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:42 am

Yeah it's a great moment in time, and at least for those 3 perfect darts I can say I was as good as Taylor, if only briefly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 Perfect Darts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Perfect Darts?   3 Perfect Darts? Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Perfect Darts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1