We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesReplacement Dart Points LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Replacement Dart Points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Replacement Dart Points Empty
PostSubject: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 am

Im buying a second set of darts and want to re point them , So i have 2 questions -

What points would you recommend for a player who holds there dart with a finger on the point ?
Which dart re pointer would you recommend ? Now i dont want to spend the earth guys , Its just for me to re point my own darts Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 am

As far as repointers go, I've got one of these - Harrows Repointer although DC now stock similar models by Designa at £15 cheaper.

As far as points go - either of these would be my suggestion (although I don't hold the points, so I'm not an expert lol) - finger grip or knurled grip
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 am

Is this the one you were thinking of ?
http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=1404
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 am

There are several the same - when you add the vat to the one at A180 you will get to around the £43 mark - the Designa ones at DC are only £35 whereas the Harrows is £50 (although I only paid £30 when I got mine).

I have used mine several times now with no problems - although I haven't tried Target Storm points on it yet.

The red parts in my previous post are links to DC by the way lol
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 am

depends if you want to have a grip on the point too....I'm guess yes from your post. I personally hold the point of the dart with the upper side of my fingernail....i know it sounds strange, but it is almost just a guide...therefore I don't need a grip on the point to hold....but I just got some unicorn grippers and they are good, but ripping my board to pieces
Back to top Go down
3xBullseyesMe

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 am

Andy,

What points id recommend definately the ones i have on now the ringed grip points

They grip the board well and therefor you dont need to roughen up the sides of your points

again as these points shall last a lifetime ..I got mine in a swap deal with swapping some

guy a set of darts for his set and they had the ringed points on which i fully recommend

I personally dont hold my finger down the point of the dart but for someone whom does then

again thats also a plus point with the ring-gripped points ..

I was thinking beforehand possibly would they rip up a dartboard while retrieving the darts

but now realise they are fine and dont do such at all ..Well recommended the ringed points
and i shall never look back again for sure ..

As for dart - repointer sorry never had one to say ..
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 pm

I also hold my darts with a finger on the point and for the last year I have been using the target storm finger grip points and absolutely love them!! as far as changing them I'm sure the harrows point tool will work to put them in it's getting them out that's the problem so once they are in they pretty much stay in.

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Be careful with Target Storm points...as they do not fit all Darts...bought 2 sets and they do not fit the darts I wanted to re-point! Finger grip points are the way to go like the guys had suggested!!! I have the Unicorn Re-point tool and it works great....I can do three darts in the time it would take to do One dart with the A180 re-point tool! But if you were going to change only one set, than take them to someone who has one of these tools and get them to do it and save your money!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ollie642

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:10 am

I need grip points,i cannot fault the target storm points,used these in most sets ive had,i use the A180 repointer and it does every point,i never used the unitool so cant say what its like,but cant imagine it doing storm points.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:18 am

ollie642 wrote:
I need grip points,i cannot fault the target storm points,used these in most sets ive had,i use the A180 repointer and it does every point,i never used the unitool so cant say what its like,but cant imagine it doing storm points.

you mean this one: A180 repointer

I had one and I did put some storm points in my Wagners:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Was very hard work though and was sweating with the effort!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
ollie642

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:23 am

yea use one off them repointers,takes 5 mins to do a set Very Happy
just use a rivet gun to get them out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:32 am

I really dont feel well now !!!!! Just ordered a harrows one , must be absolutely stark raving bonkers !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:35 am

You got it bad now lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:38 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:24 am

There nice points those, man ya should have said I could have sent ya some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

GRRRRRRRRRRR I need to kill :twisted:
Back to top Go down
ollie642

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Dart Points   Replacement Dart Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacement Dart Points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1