We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnanswerable Question???? :) LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unanswerable Question???? :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

Unanswerable Question???? :) Empty
PostSubject: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:14 am

I have been trying to answer the question 'How do you stick with 1 set of darts when you have nice sets in the drawer'.

On the surface a simple answer, contain yourself, a bit of self control, stick with the set of darts you are doing well with.

Great advice, as long as you are playing well with a particular set.

If like myself, your form starts suffering the temptation is to dip in the drawer, try a different set but like we have all found, the grass isn't always greener.

I guess the best answer is not to have other sets sat in a drawer, just have your match darts and nothing else.

So the question: how do you combine owing a few nice sets of darts and sticking to one set for playing?

Self control and will power is no good for an answer as I have got neither! rebel smilie

Hahahahaha just noticed the new smilie, love it lol on floor
Back to top Go down
pastyman

pastyman

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:44 am

simple answer get multiple sets of the same darts, that way youll pick out a new set from the drawer but still be using the same set

if your still shite after that take up knitting lol! cry laugh
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:45 am

I don't and you won't and the pro's don't either. Its fun to experiment with different darts and set ups. I try to stick with one set during a league season however. Even now am testing a different style of dart that is totally different from what I normally throw. Good example is Barney and Taylor. Now understand they put out different lines to sale them right. But Taylor changed radically from straight rather long barrel to short stubby dart. Enjoy them mate !
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:08 am

I've had a count up and I'm now on 40 different sets but I only ever use 1 set in proper matches - my Phase II customs.

Just think of your other darts as toys that you play with occasionally - but stick with the tried and trusted for most of your practise sessions and matches. If you have a dip in form just ride it out - everyone has these spells, even Phil Taylor.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 am

If its a real problem then I like Mike's solution of thinking of the others as toys.

I myself have never settled on one set but i am trying my best to do so, I very much doubt I will ever satisfy myself with the one set but I know my improvement will suffer because of that.

The longest I have stuck with one set is just recently this year, my Target Sprint which I used for about 10 weeks running, trouble is I have lots of darts I like to try just for the sake of trying them, and sometimes it seems that I play better with them, but I guess its just the honeymoon period.

All this swapping and changing darts is what George calls one of the distractions, its not good, and once you have found a set that works you really should stick with it, but the mental side of "what if this other set is better" always rears its ugly head and I am too weak to resist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 am

Some great advice clink glasses

Longest for me is almost 3 years with a set of Steve Beaton darts but then I found darts forums, saw a set of Triple B's and decided they were a sweet looking dart and stuck with them for pretty much all of 2010 before swapping and buying and tinkering and doubting etc...

Think we have all had the feeling but decided after trying a team mates 23g Unicorn Lewis and the fact he liked my Barney WC, we did a swap last year and although I switched to the Target version have been using Lewis darts for almost 12 months and I do love them but the doubt creeps in every now and then.

Especially since buying the Urmston-Toft darts that I guess have the Triple B nose and grip along with the straight barrel shape and rings of a Lewis type darts - keep thinking they could be the one........ confused

Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:45 pm

If you bought all these darts why not use them all, after all, you only bought them not because they suited your throw, but because you thought they would improve your play! Obviously nothing will suit your throw because of the minuscule alterations that you apply to every different dart you use.
I have 22 EB Durro Originals
" " 26 " " "
" " 20 ' " Not original because the first weights offered were 22, 26, 30, the 20 were included about a year later but they are the original 20.
I also have 21 Rhenium A 1 Set
" " " 23 " " 2 " s
" ' " 22 Puma Invaders only 80% tungsten but a great dart.
All the above I use regularly, it makes no difference to me at all!!!!
I also have various, Tommy Barretts, Barry Thomlow, Jim Pikes, Leo Newsteads, the list is not endless but quite vast. I rarely use these as the possibility of getting original replacement flights and stems is getting harder and harder.
A little tip if you buy a brand new set of darts, Do not use the stems, do not use the flights, do not use the wallets or case that comes with the dart. Be careful how you open the packets, keep everything even the price slip or receipt. Not only will that enhance the price if those darts are really sought after times to come, but you can also destroy the scammers that abound especially on E bay when they purport to be selling original this and that
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 pm

yep good advice to follow, if your building a collection, I always do that myself with any new set, I never use the supplied flights and stems.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:03 am

getagrip wrote:
yep good advice to follow, if your building a collection, I always do that myself with any new set, I never use the supplied flights and stems.

Good man
Another tip, nothing to do with darts.
Whenever you get a new appliance (especially gas) always ask the engineer to mark down what parts are most likely to need replacing. over a period of say 20 years. Then go and order them, the appliance (especially Gas boilers) may last quite a few years, but you can bet your bottom dollar that when it goes wrong, It's going to be "sorry they don't make that part anymore" but you will have that part, so as long as the actual heat exchanger is sound, you will get double the life span. Hard when you've just lashed out on a big costly item, but you are well advised to put yourselves out. Trust me as the Rabbi said
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 am

oh yes, thats a good idea too, that sort of thing is all too common now, especially so with electrical appliances as a lot of so called environmentally friendly items are replacing older models.
Back to top Go down
Bo-Jangles

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:16 am

getagrip wrote:
oh yes, thats a good idea too, that sort of thing is all too common now, especially so with electrical appliances as a lot of so called environmentally friendly items are replacing older models.

Oh, you mean ripping us off.
Never believe that a government of any denomination in any country has anyone's welfare but their own at heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unanswerable Question???? :)   Unanswerable Question???? :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unanswerable Question???? :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1