We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWeird question but true  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Weird question but true

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tisser7

Weird question but true  Empty
PostSubject: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 am

Hello

Can anyone help me please? I have just purchased a set of sigma 970 pro and when I throw them they are not entering the board straight confused

Instead they are going in with the dart laying to the left EVERY TIME? Sometimes so far at an angle that the dart is hitting the board sideways Evil or Very Mad

I have been playing all my life and have never had this before! Im wondering if its the stem and the side fitting flights? Im not use to these but only the end fitting flights! Thanks

Dave
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 am

never used the side loading stems before. I would take them off and use your regular setup and see if the problem persists. If it does maybe you have changed your grip on the dart to suit the new dart?

oh and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 am

welcome

Happy to see new members posting right away. Smile

Most likely the length of the stems and flight combo. My darts used to do that when I played with standard sized flights. Switched to slims and my darts go straight as can be.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 am

Hi, welcome to Darts Nutz!! welcome

I tend to agree, experiment with different flight/ stem combos - I have the side loading stems and they fly just the same as nylon stems of the same length so I wouldn't think it was down to them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on darts throw
Back to top Go down
tisser7

PostSubject: Bloody marverllous and thank you for your help   Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am

Bloody marverllous and thank you for your help good job

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am

Not sure it's the stems- I have some sigmas and the same thing happens to me no matter what setup I use. I have 21g and 24g. I think it's the shape of the dart and the short length. It's ultimately my throw that causes it but that type of dart is not very forgiving. I went to using straight barrel darts after a long time, and then longer barrels and it straightened everything out for me. We are all different though!
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

I hear you big time, i have been throwing sigmas for bout 3 years now,in the beginning i hated the slikstik and pro flight combo and used my own of medium nylons and standard flights, but during the off season and reading all the aerodynamically tuned BS, over time your throw adapts to the dart, as was mentioned earlier, its a very unforgiving dart, once i over came this,i fell in love with them. last May i bought the new pro 4s and they are much improved, just my humble opinion, but you might be pleasantly surprised...Good luck.....
Back to top Go down
tisser7

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 am

paddydub wrote:
I hear you big time, i have been throwing sigmas for bout 3 years now,in the beginning i hated the slikstik and pro flight combo and used my own of medium nylons and standard flights, but during the off season and reading all the aerodynamically tuned BS, over time your throw adapts to the dart, as was mentioned earlier, its a very unforgiving dart, once i over came this,i fell in love with them. last May i bought the new pro 4s and they are much improved, just my humble opinion, but you might be pleasantly surprised...Good luck.....

Thank you for your help Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird question but true    Weird question but true  Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird question but true

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1