We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesA checkout question LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

A checkout question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

A checkout question Empty
PostSubject: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm

If on a checkout, say D1. The first dart drops low into the one,(too many) out of frustration a second dart is thrown, nocking the single 1 dart out. Can the 3rd dart be used? If the first 2 darts end up on the floof.
Or if that second dart hits out the first dart then ends up in the D1. Is it game over?
Same ? I know.
Or walking to retreave the first dart it falls, (Only when the ref calls to many or not)
This is a steel dart Q.(Down to human error)
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:38 pm

nope turn ends as soon as you are over. Would be interesting if it were changed and people tried to knock it out tho
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks . I thorght so, just like to make 100% .
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

what if you throw something else at it like oh I dont know maybe a pint glass.

lol
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Then you get fined for wasting finely crafted brew
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

I see your point
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

I have seen a pro throwing for a double, 16 I think it was, hits a big 16 but the dart is loose, waits for it to fall and then hits x16. In this example the game was still active where in your example the game had cease when he bust. In the recent final during an interview Phil Taylor said hold on The game is not over I have not retrieve my dart, with this MVG took out the dart and gave it to Taylor. If that was the case Phil did not retrieve the dart!! Glad I could help confuse the situation further!!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Aussie Kev wrote:
If on a checkout, say D1. The first dart drops low into the one,(too many) out of frustration a second dart is thrown, nocking the single 1 dart out. Can the 3rd dart be used? If the first 2 darts end up on the floof.
Or if that second dart hits out the first dart then ends up in the D1. Is it game over?
Same ? I know.
Or walking to retreave the first dart it falls, (Only when the ref calls to many or not)
This is a steel dart Q.(Down to human error)

If you have stepped over the oche then that's your shot over.

As for throwing a glass of beer at the board - as well as getting fined you would also have to pay for the broken glass - and if I was the ref I'd make you lick up the beer as well for wasting it lol
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 am

Say the second dart hits 1, can u throw the last dart?
And if u bust it, are u allowed to throw the dart in anger?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:23 am

You shouldn't really, but most people would laugh it off and make a comment about no practice throws allowed. If you threw it in anger though then you would probably get fined if it was a proper comp.
Back to top Go down
JohnK

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 am

mc1958 wrote:
If you threw it in anger though then you would probably get fined if it was a proper comp.

I was actually wondering about this one, as I've seen PDC pros do this many times on TV with no consequences at all (or at least no public ones). Now I'm not talking about an angry full-on overarm throw that requires pliers to get the dart out of the board, but rather more of a disgusted chuck into the general vicinitiy of their intended target with about the same velocity as a normal throw.

I assumed that since I've seen them do it on TV in the presence of a ref, it must be legal. Maybe not in the best of tastes, but still not against any rules.

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 am

The thing with the PDC/DRA disciplinary procedures is that they don't actually name the players involved unless it includes a ban such as the one Gary Anderson got last year. His absence would have been noticed and talked about had they not already stated the name - especially as the draw for one of the events had already taken place.

They used to name them, but when their top man - that Taylor bloke - got caught in his camper van with those girls after an exhibition up in Scotland they stopped naming and shaming.

They do come out with a list of the fines and what they are for - I would guess that anyone throwing a dart in anger in a televised event will get just a cursory slap on the wrist and a fine - although we, the public, would never really be certain.
Back to top Go down
paddydub

paddydub

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm

10.210. A dart shall only score if the point remains in or is touching face of dartboard until being retrieved by the thrower or the total score announced by the caller...
NDFC RULES 10.2 PAGE 7.....
Back to top Go down
Guitartjeppen

Guitartjeppen

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:20 am

In the dart club I used to play, we had "Fines" included in the club rules.
e.g. :
- throwing a dart outside the dartboard (No bounce out) was about 5 pence
- anoying your opponent : be him/her a drink
- throwing another dart at the board after you went bust : half a pound. ( a drink

The money confiscated that way served to pay for an annual meal for the members
and their partners.

As in every sport : always be the gentleman/gentlewoman (or should that ead the gentleperson), be as gracious in winning as in losing
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:16 am

Guitartjeppen wrote:
In the dart club I used to play, we had "Fines" included in the club rules.
e.g. :
- throwing a dart outside the dartboard (No bounce out) was about 5 pence
- anoying your opponent : be him/her a drink
- throwing another dart at the board after you went bust : half a pound. ( a drink

The money confiscated that way served to pay for an annual meal for the members
and their partners.

As in every sport : always be the gentleman/gentlewoman (or should that ead the gentleperson), be as gracious in winning as in losing

its a good way to add pressure to your game I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:48 pm

We have a rule in our local leagues that will cost you the leg if you throw a dart in anger.

Also, we count every dart thrown, so if you bust in 1 dart, then toss a dart at the board as your going to collect the 1st dart, the scorer is within his rights to call no score 2 darts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A checkout question   A checkout question Empty

Back to top Go down

A checkout question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1