We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBest brand of soft tip darts? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Best brand of soft tip darts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony-

Best brand of soft tip darts? Empty
PostSubject: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey guys, I'm curious on what your opinions are when it comes to the best brands of darts? I've previously used Harrows and Viper. But now that I'm a little more experienced, I'm thinking of Tiga or Bottelsen.
Back to top Go down
crash336

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:07 pm

While I've not run across to many bad brands, I will share with you a resent unexpected finding. I was sent some Monster darts from Japan, 2 sets accute and 2ba tip versions of he same dart. Now I know these darts were probably (born) in the UK under the Target factory room. All I can say is wow do they attract attention, it's hard to describe the look and feel of the quality of the darts from the Asian market. When guest come to my home to play they have
a selection of about dozen pairs of darts ready to play. ** The Triad area in North Carolina is a steel tip bastion so many players do not have soft tip arrows - so a lot of "sampling/testing occurs"

I was shocked how quickly almost every has picked up and liked these darts. Even my wife has abandon her Winmau's that I ordered from A180 3 years ago (she never changes her setup) and began using these darts.

I always considered $50-$70 more than enough money to get a professional dart and still do, however I certainly can see the extra money you play is not (hype or extra because of the expensive market they come from) these darts are a step up in quality.

On other point, the darts from Monster came with Tips, Shaft (Lstyle) that is on par with anything out their. That about $15-$20 you don't have to spend bringing other brands bringing them up to professional standards.
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for the info. I was taking a look at the Monster Ghost types and I must say I like it very much. But, i can only find them with just the barrels?
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Nvm. It seems websites only show pictures of the barrels. That sucks lol.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Most of the Japanese brands sell only the barrels from what I have seen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have a nice selection of soft tip darts at really good prices, including their asian range.
Back to top Go down
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

The Asian range on Dartswarehouse are a good alternative if you've never used L-Style flights or Laro shafts and want to try them out when buying new darts.
And from time to time you get brands like Dipper for good prices.
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:14 am

I really thinking about purchasing the Tiga "Wolf" 97% Tungsten or the Ray Carver signature dart. Will the shafts support the L-flights?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:17 am

L-flights will work with any nylon shaft
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 am

Best Brand of Soft Tips is the Private Label Brands that Puredarts.co.uk makes. I currently am using one of their sets with fit points for steel tip. Wide variety of shapes and grip patterns for cheap at the same quality of major brands. Very utilitarian, nothing fancy but they have the full range of styles. I'm using these hi-tec shark ones right now and they are about the best I've used for a while.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 am

also bottlesen is overpriced garbage imho
Back to top Go down
loopdogg

loopdogg

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:00 am

one of the most important things that i have picked up from the great people here is tips, tips and tips...spend the xtra $$$ and pick up some L tips or fit tips; also shaft and flight system that you dont have to mess with. this won't become a distraction when you are on the line
there are soo many barrel types/styles i agree with vallyr, i think the money you save on the barrel you should put it toward tips and the shaft and flight system you are comfortable
i am currntly using a very affordable dart from red dragon, L tips and fit tips and am using cosmos shaft and fit flights
i have never been more happy or confident throwing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 am

Here's what I'm thinking: TIGA "Ape" 18g with L-Style Laro shaft (260 in between) and L-Flight teardrop flight with champagne rings. I'm not too much into standard flights so I wanted something around the size of Teardrop or Rocket. I like Ray Carvers Signature ones also, it's the perfect fit for me because I like relatively thin barrels around 6.5-7mm.

The Monster barrels are very nice but I'm trying to get two pairs of darts for my upcoming dart league, and they are a little pricey right now for what I want right now.
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:31 am

Whats the difference between Lippoint and Shortlip L-Style tips?

Also, what's the difference between "white" and "snow" is one clear and the other a solid color?
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 am

The lippoints are conversion points for steel tip. the soft tips have short and standard. I prefer the shorts because they dont bend as much. I think any barrel would work fine from cheap to expensive. TIGA are kind of pricey but are nice darts. I don't think there is much difference from the snow and white. I've been throwing Target Colin Lloyd soft tips for about 5 years and I paid$100 for them when I bought them -have recently switched to one80 meteors. Did you play in the Bullshooter in pennsylvania? I got Atlanta this weekend
Back to top Go down
Anthony-

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 am

spat66 wrote:
The lippoints are conversion points for steel tip. the soft tips have short and standard. I prefer the shorts because they dont bend as much. I think any barrel would work fine from cheap to expensive. TIGA are kind of pricey but are nice darts. I don't think there is much difference from the snow and white. I've been throwing Target Colin Lloyd soft tips for about 5 years and I paid$100 for them when I bought them -have recently switched to one80 meteors. Did you play in the Bullshooter in pennsylvania? I got Atlanta this weekend

Thanks. Yes I did, it was my first one.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 am

I'm with loopdogg, put the extra money toward a good shaft and point system. I have some sigma magnesium slik stiks, and cosmo fit points. As long as the shape and grip of the dart suit you, don't need something expensive that has three different grip patterns machined into it. I wish I had known about puredarts when I was just getting back into darts after years absent because I wouldve saved probably a thousand dollars or more!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am

Yea pure darts has some great prices on darts. The no name darts are made the same way the big companies make them they just don't advertise. The Japanese made darts are of higher quality for the most part and you do pay for it, but it won't make you throw any better!
Back to top Go down
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 am

Again, Dartswarehouse, nice set of 80% Summit 16g soft tips and 2x50 packs of Lip Points/Short Lip points for around $20US shipped (there's a nice Summit barrel on special for $10 at the moment).

Lip Point = ''standard'' L-Style soft tip point
Short Lip = short L-Style soft tip point
Hard Lip = L-Style conversion point
Snow - natural, translucent colour
White - white

The Lip and Short Lip points are slightly different in that the Lip points offer a matte surface finish at the thread end for grip where the Short Lip have small ridges.

$200 darts are not going to make you a better player.
I'm all for trying new gear, but I would highly recommend trying expensive darts before purchase whenever possible. Tiga's are nice, but when you can purchase roughly 4 x $50 sets, 3 x $50 sets + $50 accessories....there are a lot more options available try out.

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm

gripsmotto lol!
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Can I click buy now on your new Avatar Saber? Btw who is she >.> <.< >.>?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Vallyr wrote:
Can I click buy now on your new Avatar Saber? Btw who is she >.> <.< >.>?

She is my girl friend, I just lent him her pic. lol
Back to top Go down
eplea

eplea

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Hey, for $10US/set, they aren't bad!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They come fitted with TEFO/Italian tips.
Flights and shafts vary I imagine. Mine came with short aluminum stems and standard flights.
Back to top Go down
nnj

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am

Anthony- wrote:
Whats the difference between Lippoint and Shortlip L-Style tips?

the L-style soft tips are all called "lippoint". the "shortlip" ones are just shorter, the "acute" ones are for M3 thread

the l-style conversion tips are called "hardlip"

Quote :
Also, what's the difference between "white" and "snow" is one clear and the other a solid color?

the snow ones are brighter...but not much difference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best brand of soft tip darts?   Best brand of soft tip darts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best brand of soft tip darts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1