We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCosmo help LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cosmo help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 am

For awhile now I've been wanting to try the Cosmo setup. The ONLY thing holding me back is I have no idea what size to order. I currently use a standard medium nylon stem. The following measurements are NOT including threads. My stems are 1 7/8 inches long or 47-48mm. That's pretty much standard for a medium stem. The overall length of stem with the flight inserted is about 2 15/16 inches or 74 mm. If I had my choice I would prefer something about 5mm shorter. In the 42-44mm length. Only problem is I can't find a nylon stem in that length.

I want to go with a Cosmo setup but I have no idea what size to order. I wish I knew what the length of the Cosmo setup is with a slim flight. It would be expensive to start having a guess when I order.

Any of you that use Cosmo out there help me out?

47-48mm stem NOT including threads.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

74mm total length NOT including threads...

I'll be ordering from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as soon as I figure this out. happy dude
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am

I have a set of fit flights at home, I can measure.

I use a tweeny stem approx 39mm long I think. The fit flights I bought are similar length.

When I finish work I can have a look for you.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

Try this page mate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks Jimbo!! The light bulb just went off above my head after you posted that pic ^^^ I re-measured my stems from the end of the flight slot to the start of the threads and it was 1 1/4 inches or 31mm. So that matches up perfectly with medium stems as the pic indicates. Looks like I'll be going with the 28mm ones.

happy dude

Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 am

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 am

Yea it's funny how the Japanese measure their shafts differently. Are you going with the air flights? They are nice but tear up quickly, and it's not the top it's the other end. Try some champagne L flights- last much longer
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 am

Ok JD......had my stuff out and took some pics for ya.....you need a med stem..31mm!!
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 am

The problem with the bottom tearing up is that the flight itself is sharp....rough it up with some sand paper...this helps with it ripping!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Wow!!! Thanks for that McInnis. Take a big ole +1 for the help. I did plan on going with the "Air" flights but i don't think I'll have any problem with rips. Look at the 2nd pic down i posted. That flight is over 2 months old. My Hankey's fitted with Storms are VERY gentle with flights.

I'm excited now. Have to get to ordering. happy dude
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:17 am

I do and they still rip. Several sets I have had start ripping after one night of throwing. L style have fixed theirs by fortifying those areas. I've been using the same champagne flights for 6 months and they are still in great condition. I also use the Astra shape so that helps too because of the angle of the flight at that point. They aren't as flimsy as the air flights and any nylon shaft works with them. I have several new air flights that I hate to use because I know they will be trash after a couple days!
Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks for that Spat. I've heard about the ripping thing before. I'm going to give the Cosmo's a go and see what they're about. If i trash them quick I'll certainly try out the L-Style stuff next. Good ole tax refund season so I'll have some extra $$ for dart stuff. happy dude
Back to top Go down
McInnis180

McInnis180

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 am

Try the fit flights as well...they are stronger then the airs!!!!
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

Yea you got to try them- they are really nice. I love the system and the regular fit flights last alot longer. I got some new bullet shape champagne flights that are pretty cool,especially if you like slim flights. I need to put up a pic
Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:40 am

I really thank you guys for the help. Best of all I've learned something new today. I now know how Cosmo measures their stems in comparison to regular nylon stems.
Hopefully info I can use someday to help others.

Cheers guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 pm

JD wrote:
I did plan on going with the "Air" flights but i don't think I'll have any problem with rips. Look at the 2nd pic down i posted. That flight is over 2 months old. My Hankey's fitted with Storms are VERY gentle with flights.

The rips are not caused by the points. Therefore, whether you have Tridents or Storm points is immaterial.

The rips occur at the bottom of the flight. This is caused when the bottom of that flight collides with top edge of the flights on the darts that are already in the board. In other words, dart #1 is already stuck in the board....dart #2 flies in and the bottom of the flight on dart #2 collides with the top of the flight of dart #1....Rip!...dart #3 flies in and the bottom of its flight collides with the top of the flight of dart #2 or #1 or both....Rip!

If you throw tight groupings often, you will experience rips with the Airs. If you don't throw tight groupings often, you probably won't experience very many rips.

Back in 2011, I was a Cosmo player for several months before moving to L-Style. I used pear-shaped Air flights on both my 18gm soft tip and 21 gm steel tip darts. I ripped the Airs constantly. It got so bad that I'd started to keep my ripped flights for practice so that I'd have some good flights for tournaments. I used a razor blade to trim away the ripped pieces. The flights looked funny but they appeared to fly the same.

The sandpaper roughing technique is where you use the sandpaper to dull the top edges of the flights so that they're not so sharp. This reduces the rips in the bottoms of the flights when they collide.

The Airs are more prone to rips because they are so thin. The other Cosmo flights are thicker and the extra thickness makes them more difficult to rip. Some of my friends who are Cosmo players are using the spinning flights. This also appears to minimize the occurrence of rips.

For the record, I am not bashing Cosmo. They make nice products and many people are very happy with them.
Back to top Go down

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Me Thinking

Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:38 pm

I managed to rip the spinning fit flights. I had 1 stem that didnt spin real well and it was the culprit all the time.

I even got to the point of trying to throw that dart last to reduce the chances of ripping.
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Quite frankly, Cosmo flights, L-Style flights, they are not indestructible.

I also occasionally rip an L-Style flight. It doesn't happen nearly as often, but I attribute it to the fact that they're thicker than the Cosmo Airs. The other Cosmo flights are similar in thickness to the L-Style flights and I'd bet that they last longer than the Airs.

They are both are good companies that produce high quality products.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 pm

habanerojooz is bang on about how the flights rip.
If you do try cosmo go for the thicker fit flight and not air.
You tend to get little slots in then bottom of the flight, then they rip.
But remember you wont get any robin hoods with the cosmo's.

I only use them on my soft tip darts and go for the slik stiks for my steel point darts.
As the soft tip darts don't damage the tops of the flights as much as steel point darts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cosmo help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmo help   Cosmo help Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmo help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1