We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMark Hylton on Practice LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Mark Hylton on Practice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Mark Hylton on Practice Empty
PostSubject: Mark Hylton on Practice   Mark Hylton on Practice EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 am

Mark ‘Mile High’
Hylton on the PDPA Practice Board.

`I have been playing darts in many formats for over 30 years. I still play as many different formats and leagues as possible, from 301 nomination double through to a Pro Practise best of 11 league with other Professional and aspiring players.

Therefore I tend to concentrate on quality practise rather than quantity. I plan and tailor my practise around the PDC season and the upcoming events which I may play in. I will take part in at least 3 quality session per week throughout the year and then add additional specially honed sessions in the run up to major events or matches.

The practise can be put into two categories, competitive practise and specific practise. An outline of a typical week with Pro Tour events in mind would be:

Monday – Day time off, League Darts in Burton Trent Valley or Rugeley in the evening.

Tuesday - Day time – relaxed practise with friends, league darts when possible.

Wednesday- Pro Practise league 12noon – 6pm – At least 25 legs of highly competitive high standard darts, measured performances and incentives to improve.

Thursday – Formal practise over professional formats with other PDC or equally capable players, Ian White, Ryan Herrington, Simon Jones, Andy Hamilton and Colin Osbourne all have joined in over recent times and hopefully gain as much benefit I do. The Stafford Super League in the evening.

Friday - During the Pro Tour I relax and or travel on Fridays.

Saturday/Sunday – I have always viewed the Open circuit as the best practise available, it is competitive, of a very high standard and sharpens the Matchplay skills which are very important. Obviously Pro Tour events are the ultimate test of this.

I devote a set period to improving my game during the week and then this is tested at the competitions whether open or PDC.

This routine is altered during Major event preparation, in the run up I tailor my practise to the formats and timescale of the competition, for example in preparation for the World Championships I played many matches over the full format with The Muffin Man, always in the evenings to replicate the tournament.

In addition to this I try to get good rest periods at the right times to recharge and focus fully on my game. There are always improvements to be made and areas’ to learn in. I look at every game from both points of view and always take the positives forward.’

Mark Hylton

Practice, Dedicate,Perform,Analyse.

RETURN TO TOP
Back to top Go down

Mark Hylton on Practice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1