We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPractice Alone ! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Practice Alone !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:00 am

Why it should be solitaire practicing alone is the best way
solitaire practicing is much more valuable than practicing with friends or practicing only by playing as much matches as possible. Match-play is of course also very important, but if I should give a ratio I'd say a good one is one third match play, two thirds (or even more) solitaire.

The reasons behind this are not really obvious, especially because many players experience that they are doing well in solitaire and (relatively) suck in match play, so they are thinking it's the lack of match-play practice that causes that. That is, however, wrong.

As a matter of fact every player plays worse in match-play than he does in practice. It is of course hard to believe, but even the pros do. And this not only in darts, it is valid for any other sport. To increase our match-play performance to NEARLY (exactly of course would be great but it is in fact impossible!) the level of our practice performance we must mainly use sports psychology, because the mental aspects of match-play are the reason for this phenomenon . And note - if you are one of these rare players who say they do better in match play than they do in practice, the reason (and the ONLY reason!) is the following: You don't practice enough, period.

But it is still not clear why solitaire practicing is that important. As a personal summary, I'd say this: "Practicing with partners, no matter if they are better or worse than you, forces you to raise your limit above theirs. Practicing alone constantly forces you to raise your limit above yourself, and this limit is higher than you might dream of!" So you can nearly infinitely improve your game only by always trying to beat your limit. No matter how good you are, you can always be better. No friendly or rivalry match play practice can do this when your opponents stick to their level. To say it literally - the only way to make your current personal limit your future standard is practicing alone.

found at www.100megsfree.com/thedartdog/practice.html I personally don't believe in competing against ones self ! I compete against me Dartmaster 3
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 am

I think solitary practice is very necessary fro developing your technique, but if your playing competitively then you should practice with others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
madzkymadz

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Solitary practice is good as you get a confidence boost before match play
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm

80 % of my practice is alone btw.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 am

SilverSaber wrote:

and the other 20% is with the dogs, and they always win lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:24 am

getagrip wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:

and the other 20% is with the dogs, and they always win lol!

shhhh can't deny it. lol
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 am

I practice about 75-80% alone, and I think its great.
The best practice are to play against others, and tournaments and things like that.

But when you practice by yourself its easier to practice your weak points and give yourself the confidence that you can hit the target when under pressure, but thats also why its good to practice with others, to get that pressure that you cant get alone.

Then I always plays a couple of games against the N01 computer to simulate true games.
I throw my darts, then wait about 40 seconds before I toe the oche again, all to simulate a real game.

And to practice alone helps your confidence, because you always get the chance to practice your weak points, in a real game it would be hard to get the right amount of practice on those points.

So I absolutely recommend a lot of practice alone. The one big problem with practice alone are that many people grow bored quickly and then the practice could invoke negative feelings, and those feelings could transfer to your game. Therefore I say, find the right amount of sessiontime for you and go for it Smile

When practicing with others that problem arent that big because often you get motivation from the other players, and that drives you on.

My last words :
Its about how you function mentally, if you are a person that are dominantly internal motivated its easier to practice alone.
But if you a person that are dominantly external motivated then its harder to pracitce alone and keep the motivation up.

And yes I have an exam in Sport Psychologically ;) But that dont make me right Very Happy

Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Which is the best program for using on a pc for solo practice is it N01?
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm

You could use Missed own scorer also, or KP Darts if you want to feel like you play in a real tournament.

But N01 are my choice of alone practice because its simple, and give good stats and because of I rely my practice over statistics so I need all the stats that I get from N01 Smile

But of course its up to every one Smile

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Cheers! think I will give it a shot, sounds good to me. Very Happy darts throw
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 am

Practicing alone is the meat and potatoes guys IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Practice Alone ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Alone !   Practice Alone ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice Alone !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1