We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGrouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. Empty
PostSubject: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Grouping exercise Phase 1 / Try it you'll like it.

I credit this routine to An American pro George S.

Grouping phase 1

This routine is for improving your dart grouping like the name indicates. You start off with number 20 and use all the numbers on the board. You shoot only at the large segment of the number! triples , doubles and small segment don't count you must place at least 2 darts out of three to mark. You must do this 5 times to close out the number. You shoot in order and if you miss you must move on to the next number .

Example: You get three darts at the 20 , you only hit it one time = no mark, next number 19 you hit 2 = 1mark, next 18 and you hit 3 = 1mark and so on and so forth. You keep going around until all numbers are closed.
Before some of you think this is too easy try it hehe. Remember only the large segment counts . This is an excellent routine for beginners and accomplished players. To start pick between 9-11 numbers.

I will post phase 2 of grouping in a few weeks if there is interest.
All comments or questions if you have any are welcomed.

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm not a member of flight school but I do this one occasionally - it's very good practise for when you need to hit a single number to leave that winning double - makes you more confident of hitting say the single 20 to leave tops instead of going straight into the treble.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Yes, definitely a good routine to start off with and get that accuracy there. I still use this one every day at the start of my routine to get my eye in and get my arm warmed up. Smile
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Agree with Chris. Gets me into my throw. If that makes any sense
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:57 am

I do this routine during the week as part of my solo practice.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:08 am

This routine was crucial for my early improvements in shooting. I truly do recommend it to everyone. It not only helps you keep consistent on the highest numbers but it also causes you to work the entire board. Truly one of the better practice routines when looking for general shooting improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.   Grouping Exersise / Try it  and improve your game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Grouping Exersise / Try it and improve your game.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1