We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageshelp my darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

help my darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lambo180

lambo180

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 am

Hi all thanks for looking I have just started playing super lge darts and im struglin to play well I have been playing in my local pus for about 17 years from age 14/15. But now all i seam to hit is the 5 s and my doubles are a long way off any help would be great thanks.

group hug

my darts are 22g Anastasia black titanium with short steams and standard flights
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:35 am

welcome to the forum bud.

Feel free to look at some of the posts at this link http://www.dartsnutz.com/f5-practice-room to get some help on practice routines that may help your game.

Also, feel free to get a thread started at this link http://www.dartsnutz.com/f2-darts-clinic that discusses some of the problems you are facing. Also, read through some of the existing posts. I'm sure that someone else has found themselves in a similar position to yours.

We have a large array of members here from basic local pub amateurs all the way up to super league players, aspiring pros, and ex-pros that are all happy to offer advice and feedback.

Last, I strongly recommend getting in touch with the one and only George Silberzahn and getting yourself enrolled in Flight School at this link http://www.dartsnutz.com/t220-flight-school-the-way-to-improve-improving-through-better-practice-enroll-here-http-wwwhowtodartscom-category-flightschool It's free and has been a tremendous amount of help for a lot of the members here, myself included
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 am

Sounds more like the mental side than just plain accuracy.
Accuracy feeds confidence and vice versa. It's not entirely a catch 22, but you need to find a way to raise one and they can both take off.

Dropping your expectations can help too. You'll feel more relaxed, you'll have more fun and you'll play more freely, not scared to lose.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 am

Try changing where you stand on the line just a bit. It sounds like you have a mental block, and that slight change often times is enough to break that block.. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
lambo180

lambo180

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 am

Thanks for the replys I will look in to your lincs lefty
robbie this could defo be the problem and jake I have moved slightly and changed my stance now can not seam to get back to my fave position my mate told me sunday i stood different nearly every throw just trying to find the best possion. clink glasses good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 am

Sounds like the mental side could be the issue, but if you have changed something physically and the problem started after that then that could be it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

A great Aussie player from years ago told me this when I told him I was having problems staying out of the 5's.

He said: Get a piece of string and pin it to your dart board, starting above the 20's and finishing below the 3's.

Then he said to throw at the 20's and see where my hand finished in regards to the string line.
He said make sure that your hand finishes no further left than the string, this will keep you out of the 5's.

Hope it helps you like it did me all those years ago. I still remember this even today when I start hitting 5's.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Good tip Jimbo, I think Taylor did that too so must work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
martin reggie perring

martin reggie perring

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 am

just keep at the practice and it will come im sure....im still waiting myself loll
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: IMPROVE   help my darts EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 am

Now you’ve moved up to super league you naturally want to prove yourself, to play as you know you can., to be at you best. So maybe your putting a little too much pressure on yourself? You were probably nervous when you first started playing all those years ago for your local pub, but, you gained experience of match play, learned to relax, and eventually advanced to super league. Likewise, with experience at playing at super league level you will learn to relax again and, who knows, maybe one day play for your county, or even your country? Enjoy your new found darting status happy dude …..and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:18 am

George told me and its working to start throwing at the double 20's and forget the triple 20's for awhile. Its working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help my darts Empty
PostSubject: Re: help my darts   help my darts Empty

Back to top Go down

help my darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1