We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesgrouping practise LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

grouping practise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 am

i watched a video you youtube "bellies and bullseyes" in which eric bristow explains when he first started he just concentrated on grouping saying that if one dart went in the 12 he'd try to get the next two there as well. so this week i've decided just to concentrate on grouping in this way. i've decided that i'll throw 3 darts at each cricket treble , the bull and at double 16 though not worrying to much where the first dart lands just to try and get the following two darts as close as possible. to make it slightly more interesting i'm going to mark it as 1 point for 1 barrel touching the first dart and 2 points for 2 barrels touching the first dart. i think that i'll just stick to this and attempting dirty g's weekly challenge for the entire week.
anyway i just thought i'd share this. i'd be interested in hearing others opinions on this and if they have a similar routine or any suggestions for improving this one.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:32 am

Georges Flight School is geared around grouping practice byt trying to get at least 2 darts in the big segment to count as a mark. So you have to get 5 marks on numbers 20,19,18,17,16,15 for example, if you get good enough to do it in 5 rounds then move onto the small segments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jamie373

jamie373

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 am

yeah i still need to have a proper look at george's flight school. i found it interesting what bristow said about not mattering if you were off with the first dart just get them close together and accuracy will naturally come later. i thought about using other numbers round the board only to avoid spending a week aiming at say t20
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 am

thats true d im on doin it now george emailed a practice routine mate
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 am

well I am very good at grouping my darts into the 5's Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:26 am

Jamie, you could try the rings for grouping. Just get yourself some o-rings of various sizes and pin 1 to your board and the try to get your darts in the ring.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

the thing i was think is if you throw the first dart and your aim is off then you aim at that dart and try and use your muscle memory to throw the next and my theory is that your dialing in your aim and muscle memory ?? as i say just a theory . i like your suggestion and a lot cheaper than the practise rings you can buy. i also made some sheets of paper with the spider marked on it like you can get with the practise rings . i thru 99 darts at one this morning and i'll do the same next monday to see if there is any difference
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Not a bad idea there Jamie with the paper.

Rotty put me on to the o-rings. Years ago I had a mate that had some metal rings, they were a good game.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 pm

That is a great idea with the darts touching. I can see how this would work training muscle mem, It would be a bit like geting that last 60 for the 180 feeling in the way that you concentrate more on replicating your last throw rather than aiming and chucking cuz thats when you miss them.

Sounds like you better win my challenge soz you can throw this one up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:03 pm

jamie373 wrote:
yeah i still need to have a proper look at george's flight school. i found it interesting what bristow said about not mattering if you were off with the first dart just get them close together and accuracy will naturally come later. i thought about using other numbers round the board only to avoid spending a week aiming at say t20

I would recommend flight school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Had a go at this jamie and it feels good. Got some nice grouping happening. dont know about the point system though cuz I had a lot of stacked darts that went click only to see that they were 1mm (or less) away. Maybe work some points out for touching flights and barrels or both?
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

aye that does need looking at ! very rarely they actually stay touching . i can get a fair few together but as you say they deflect of each other. i haven't been doing it with points now. just practising focusing on the target and trying to feel the movement in the throw and trying to repeat. takes a bit of concentration so maybe best no to worry about any points?
not helping me with the challenge though !!! lol i'm getting worse hit 51 about 6 times on the trot nothing better ,though i'm safe from the bottom .......... for now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

grouping practise Empty
PostSubject: Re: grouping practise   grouping practise Empty

Back to top Go down

grouping practise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Practice And Help :: Practice Room-