We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesPreparing 1 week before a tournament LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Preparing 1 week before a tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

Preparing 1 week before a tournament Empty
PostSubject: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Next Saterday the 17th is the local Darts Cup. Being a Darts Nutz I am asking the help and the experience from my forum colleagues.
I have been working hard with my Flight school prograhm, making good steps foward. But training in a quiet room is not the same as a room full of players all excited to play. ( Any one play with ear plugs?) I am enjoying my trainings and the weekly changles here, but I dont have match-tourniment experience. So any advice to help me over the next few days would be nice. ( The doors open 1 hour before, 32 players) It is for hobbie darters. (Darts cup.ch) I think I have a chance if I get past the first 2 games, we will be playing 501. 3/5.
Thanks .
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Try practicing with some loud music, that will help you get used to crowd noise. You could also play with an iPod, I used to years ago play with a walkman radio and earphones in.

Try to stay relaxed on the day. Get there for when the doors open so you can get used to the surroundings.

Have a throw on as many of the boards as possible, just to get a feel for the venue.

Go to the toilet before play starts if you need to go, have a last minute smoke and then relax and enjoy the day.

Just remember that you cant control what your opponents throw, so just stay in control of what you do.

Best of luck mate.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Good luck Kev, hope it goes well for you mate! Good Luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 pm

Echo what Jimbo says. I think the main thing will be controlling those jitters if it's your first Tournament.

Is there a local club you can get some practice in? Play against someone you don't know? This will help with both noise levels and playing against someone new.

I think with my first Tournament (probably the same for most players ) the jitters were what did me in. I got there early and made the mistake of watching what others were throwing and thinking, "Damn, out of my depth here". Then just started shaking like a leaf when it was my throw.

Nowadays, I always get there early, ignore what everyone else is throwing and concentrate on what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh that first tournie is a bitch of an experience isnt it Chris. I was exactly the same as you. Doubted myself badly and threw the way I felt, awful.

Kev, just remember you deserve to be there, you belong in that company and if you play well, you will succeed.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks Jimbo21, getagrip,Chrisbamb.Not my first but my 4th, No chance to have a game against someone. It is not a sport well known to this area, no local with a board. Just wanted to pick the brains of the forum, were I have learnt alot. I will put the advice to good use.TTFN.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am

I agree with Chris when he says 'Ignore what everyone else is doing and concentrate on your own throw'.

Make sure you enjoy it too, you can turn up and play out of your skin and lose or play like a tool and win but either way you are there because you want to be so enjoy it and best of luck to you Smile
Back to top Go down
Chucky

Chucky

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey Kev, get some loud music on and download No1, and play a match against the computer.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Kev

Aussie Kev

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:20 am

Playing again this weekend ,Darts Cup,19-1-2013. I have been putting in the hours of trainning,my eyes are playing up,I will take my driving glasses. The nerves will start up in the middle of the first match, going to take ear plugs, and have a good swig of rum. So It will be a great day.Hope to give a good update on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing 1 week before a tournament   Preparing 1 week before a tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing 1 week before a tournament

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1