We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWho is the best (or most famous) player you have played? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deadeye

Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I have been playing in competition since 1989. I played in the Southern California Darts Association. Every summer the Los Angeles Open Dart Tournament was held. It was a week before the North American Open in Las Vegas and lots of UK players came over. I had the opportunity to play against Eric Bristow and Bobby George. Others that came over included Bob Anderson, Jocky Wilson, Leighton Rees, Barry Twomlow and Phil Taylor.

So, who is the best (or most famous) player you have shoot against?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Back in 2002? I played against Bob Anderson in my knockout group at the Le Scratch in Canada. I had to win 1 game to advance to the championship round on Sunday. Surprising myself I took the 1st 2 games and had darts to go up 3-0 and to win 3-2. But he reeled off 3 in a row against me.

I then went to the championship round Sunday and walked into an on form Roland Scholten, ranked #3 in the world at the time. Best of 5 sets, each set best of 3. I stayed close, and had one of my most memorable finishes to win a set with a 135 check. 25, 60, bull. I ended up losing 3-1 but pushed him all the way.

Also played Andy Jenkins at Witch City in cricket that same year. Knocked him out and took a top 32 spot if I remember correctly. Would have to check results somewhere.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

some of you guy's in the weekly challeng'e
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:30 pm

Nobody recently. Back in the late 70's I played a few of the top players at exhibitions though - Bristow, George, Lazarenko, Whitcombe, and a few others - funny enough most of them beat me, although the games were normally fairly close. The one I regret not getting a game against though was my all time favourite Leighton Rees when I saw him in exhibition when I lived in Norwich - we had a chat though - really nice bloke.
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Big Cliff Lazarenko in the late eighties in Chiswick London, beat him 2-1. I was nervous as hell and he calmed me down. What I didn't like and all the pros seem to do it, is they play 701. Cliff was a gentle man and could swallow the old pint I counted four when he played me, four pints three leagues not bad.
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:22 am

Tony O'Shea a few Months back in an Exhibition and let myself down by playing miserably. Sad
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:33 am

I played a guy who knew a guy that knew a guy who watched Taylor play.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 am

I played Bully a few weeks ago and beat him in 17 darts . Played Bristow 12 months ago & beat him too but he was poor that night 701 and he was back on 245 when I finished that's how poor he was playing. O'shea, Bobby George, Pie man, James Richardson, Kev McDine, Wayne Mardle to name but a few. I play Kev and James regularly as they play in the Super league and local comps in my area. Nico comes to watch our County games sometimes as he dates 1 of our ladies. Painter, Jabba and James all played in the Darts for Hero's comp last month where Jabba beat James in the final.
I am playing Peter 'One Dart' Manley next month so that will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:42 am

Jeeze Big ,
I wish that I had that opportunity like you man. Got a pic of your grip, stance and dart set up btw? Yep I'm a big pain in the arse lol.
Back to top Go down
James Cotton

James Cotton

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:35 am

That would be Dennis priestly i beat him at North American open back in 91 or 92 can't remember. Then I would say Paul Lim who I beat at the River Boat open 2 striaght legs in final of 501 singles. Peter Evison and Dennis Priestly my partner Fred Aggreo and i beat also at that tourney in doubles. Smile oh almost forgot lol i played larry Butler in top 8 of music city beat him 2 stright legs as well lost in top 4 went all three legs to George Walls. I've also played Clif lazarenko went all three legs at LA open. played Mike Gregory and Lost 2-1 to him had my shot at 86 just wiring the double 7. Also played Steve brown in Kansas City Shootout beat him 2-1 he did take a 157 out on me in second leg with me sitting on 32. Played Frank Hernandez who just won the qualifiers to HONG KONG for that 200,000 dollar Electronic Darts tournament. I beat him 2 straight in the Stocton Rod and Gun Tourney in cricket taking first in that event.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:53 am

Good stuff gun that experince will help you hit that t20 1978 times. C'mon big man
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 am

Good stuff gun that experince will help you hit that t20 1978 times. C'mon big man
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:49 am

I've only played one "pro" he was my friend and mentor Paul Lim.
Back to top Go down
RichardE

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:47 am

Exhibition
I have played Bob Anderson Bobby George Paul Hogan and Phil Taylor that was I got thought our you worthy comp lost badly to him

League
Dennis Smith Johnny Haines Chris Aubrey Josh McCarthy

Comps
Dennis Smith Johnny Haines Chris Aubrey Dean Winstanley John Walton
Pairs Steve Buntin and his partner John Walton Martin Atkins
Back to top Go down
PerfectDarts

PerfectDarts

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:42 am

I lost 6-5 to gary Anderson this year on tour, I missed 3 darts at d10 to win as well Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.perfectdarts.com
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Unlucky Andy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:33 am

PerfectDarts wrote:
I lost 6-5 to gary Anderson this year on tour, I missed 3 darts at d10 to win as well Sad

Unlucky lad.

I'd love to be good enough to lose 6-5 to G'Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Sp

Sp

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 am

have 2. Both were played in local comps

have played Nick Fullwell twice - Lost both times (to nil) Smile

& Ian Jones twice - Lost one, drew one (group stage of a round robin comp)
Back to top Go down
Les180

Les180

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 am

I have played and lost to quite a few in exhibitions. The first was Mike Gregory and although we all lost he gave us a trophy each which was a nice touch. Jocky Wilson was next. What a nice bloke. He was at the bar when me and three mates arrived so as I bought the first round I sent one down to him too. During the evening he must have sent a barmaid with a tray of lagers for us three or four times!! I played ok but he was right on form and left me trailing. Tony Brown, Big Cliff and John Lowe were next with the same result. The most impressive of all I think was Alan Evans. We played 1001 and he was on fire. He finished on bull, double one, bull for 102. I still wanted loads. He signed the scoresheet and I still have it somewhere.
The most recent one was Ted Hankey who came and did an exhibition at my local. He is one really nice guy and his wife is lovely too. Our landlady's camera broke so we couldn't have our picture taken with him so his missus took loads on hers and emailed them to us later. My mate played him first and watched as Ted went out on 170. I played him next and did better as he only beat me with a 140 out!! Neither of us were too far behind this time.
Have played a few News Of The World winners and runners up in competitions and beaten them.
Have also played Andy Fordham, Alan Glazier and Eric Bristowe (For money!! must have been mad!).
Everyone of them was a joy to meet and play.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:14 am

You guys are all lucky, I have never played anyone famous. Sad
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 am

Cheers Jamie I will do my best for ya

Silver I will take some pics and put them on here I have recently changed my set up due to my back problems but it is working well for me at the moment. I have changed from the 26mm Grooved Target Storm points to the 30mm Smooth ones and I have changed my stems from Trulon Rev Grips to Harrows Quiver and my flights from McCoys R4X Red and black Union Jack to Target Pro 100 Black and Clear Union Jack. All is going well as I Won on Saturday against USA for Team England in both the triples and the singles without dropping a leg, I won the Village League Pairs on Monday and a singles knock out on Tuesday so no complaining as it's a few needed quid in the kitty and some nice silverware for the mantle piece.

I have been fortunate to play a lot of Pro's but the one I would have loved to have played was Jocky Wilson but he hand picked his opponents and he refused to play me as he said I might beat him, that was back in the 80's too, shame though as now he's gone I will never have the opportunity and he was right I would have beat him lol RIP buddy.

Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 pm

be on the look out in near future for an aussie robbie modra i beleve he will make it into international darts league at some time has amazing talent in darts already in soft tip comps in japan but is a better steal tip player
Back to top Go down
jameshope

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 am

In exhibition play i have played Gary Anderson John Lowe Peter Manley and Ronnie Baxter i have won two lost two i have beaten Gary Anderson and John Lowe and lost to Manley and Baxter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 am

i have played steve smudger smith former PDC and Essex A county player lost 3-2 both had over a 100 ave Smile

played alex roy , kev mcdine, lost to alex i think and beat kev mcdine both cracking guys
and i am pretty sure i beat richie george before not 100% on that.

Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:11 am

I have played grip!! That's not something everyone has had as an opportunity to do. Smile

And I loved every second of it!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:45 am

Ah yes I remember playing Donkey Pipe! cry laugh
Back to top Go down
mr lakeside

mr lakeside

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Ohh what a lovely thread i really enjoyed it i see none of guys have played the Lakeside
Back to top Go down
RichardE

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:41 pm

I have played at Lakeside got to the last 32 lost to Dean Winstanley 3-0 of the Gold Cup singles
Back to top Go down
red180

red180

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 am

I've played Alan "Chuck" Norris in the Welsh Classic got beat to Nil & Played Ian "Diamond" White in the Welsh Classic just before he moved codes beat him first leg then he ran 4 legs straight off to finish me. That is the Beauty of the BDO that you get a chance to play the top players in the open events IMHO
Back to top Go down
http://southliverpool.leaguerepublic.com/
PerfectDarts

PerfectDarts

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 am

This year I played Anderson, Lost 6-5
Beat Manley 6-0
Lost to Jenkins 6-3
Lost to a Smith 6-5
Lost to wez Newton 6-2

Then the missus had a baby and that stuffed me up from June Onwards...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.perfectdarts.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?   Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best (or most famous) player you have played?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next