We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesLeast Favorite Player LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Least Favorite Player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Least favorite Player
1. Phil Taylor
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap114%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 14% [ 4 ]
2. Justin Pipe
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap13%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 3% [ 1 ]
3. Adrian Lewis
 14% [ 4 ]
4. Kevin Painter
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap17%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 7% [ 2 ]
5. Paul Nicholson
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap110%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 10% [ 3 ]
6. MvG
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap117%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 17% [ 5 ]
7. Andy Hamilton
 14% [ 4 ]
8. Mervyn King
Least Favorite Player Vote_lcap10%Least Favorite Player Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
9. Peter Wright
 10% [ 3 ]
10. Other (please specify)
 10% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage

Least Favorite Player Empty
PostSubject: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 am

Okay, 1st of all... let it be known that I CAN'T STAND negative threads. If you have time to go around with nothing better to do than start negative threads and bring negative energy to a forum... well, this ain't the place for you. That being said, here's a bit of a negative thread.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 am

I'll start out 1st. While he was at one time my favorite player and who I think has the most intimidating walk on I'm going with Phil Taylor. The reason I say this is because of how I see him act when he's been losing this year. He acts terrible in defeat but expects others to act differently when he gets done beating them. Like hanging around the stage and signing a dartboard. Yet when he loses he rushes off stage and never gives an interview. I know how competitive the man is, and he feels like he should be beating everyone, every time. But it just ain't so. Others have closed the gap. He might not even know how to act when he loses a big match because he's had so little practice at losing. Either way, for these reasons he is my least favorite player. I love it when he loses now.

For others... please keep this thread adult like. If you feel like being nasty, head over to DF forum.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:53 am

My least favorire playe is JD because of his light darts.

OOPS wrong forum Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Mine is most definitely Peter Wright - the bugger went and stole my hairdo!!

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 pm

I am as yet undecided, Ronnie Baxter was rather unpleasant when my brother, very politely asked for an autograph a few years ago and was met with a foul mouthed outburst but that could have just been a bad day, I have also heard very negative reports about Painter, however with the intents of putting a positive upon this thread, I am horrified that you have Paul Nicholson on the list - I have only met him once but a few of my mates have been to a couple of exhibitions now and he is categorically one of the nicest blokes you would ever meet, very polite, friendly and a genuine nice fella - his on stage 'character', because that is all it is, a character, is, I admit, less than pleasant but in the real world, as a human being, Paul Nicholson is a true gent. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Some might not like Nico the "character" even though he's a nice guy.

I like the characters personally. Otherwise darts could get VERY boring quick.

Harrington and Bristow are always saying darts needs more characters.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 pm

I like them all LOL hmmm gotta think about this one. Do they have to be a Pro?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I think it's well known that I can't stand Mr Taylor - so I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Pipes too slow.

I don't understand why people don't like MVG? I know he does stupid celebrations but its just emotion. And he's how old? 23?

Phil taylor didn't turn pro until about 27 and MVG turned when he was about 14?

Anyway just personal opinions
Back to top Go down
darkos

darkos

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 am

Adrian Lewis...
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 am

For me it has to be Peter 'Look at the state of my [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] head' Wright.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:38 am

James Wade is quickly going down in my estimations, always liked him and maybe his attitude this tournament is all about focus and drive, but for me he is coming across very arrogant, self centered, no regard for anyone else or anything, particularly after the Beaton match.

He made me feel awkward in my own living room watching him, moan, whine, regret taking out 100 (s20, d20, d20 <- great shot), nothing to celebrate etc - turning into a proper strange bloke.

I hope it is a conceited effort in self confidence rather than a health issue - while he is not one of my favorites I hope all is well with him health wise.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 am

Not going to join this one but I think the fans have been awful at Ally Pally
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 am

I agree Kev, I am not joining either as I dont have a least fav player really, the attitude of the fans on TV is spoiling the darts for me. Its getting more and more like a lads night out and they cant be serious fans. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 am

Newton bit of history
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:27 am

There were 2 groups of lads (10-15 on either side) last night in the Lewis match chanting at each other across the room, for at least 2 sets, standing sideways to the stage not even watching the darts - sounded like they were at a football match.

Hope I haven't offended by stating that I prefer some players less than others, it's only my opinion after all, I know these lads are in effect at work doing their job when we see them on TV, I am a miserable so and so at work too so I understand they are probably not like that all the time.

Just saying it how I see it, nothing personal, maybe a bit of jealousy on my part, I appreciate all these lads do to entertain me with their sublime skill at throwing darts and just wanted to share a few thoughts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 am

I reaffirm Taylor as my least favorite after the trash he talked tonight. It really wasn't trash but more like a low blow to Barney.
Can't stand Phil. I hope Barney puts his lights out.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:01 am

rabsmith2 wrote:
Newton bit of history

Do tell Rab coffee lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:58 am

I voted MVG, but I think it's a tossup between him and Hamilton

Last edited by USMC80 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 am

Sorry but I have to say Klassen!!!!
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 am

Bristow isnt on this list?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 am

davidsproull wrote:
Bristow isnt on this list?

#10 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:12 am

Well I have to say MvG.. I can't stand his anctics and I once watched an interview with him and he comes across as very harsh and self centered. Now I agree he is only what 23 and emotions can get in the way..if he had never won a comp before which clearly isn't the case. Now don't get me wrong I think he has one of the most promising throws to come along in a while and he will be one of the greats to ever play someday just not until his attitude changes a bit. There is a very fine line between being cocky and being confident. I know people will say that describes a lot of players and it probably does but he is the one that I like the least. I cant say that I am a big fan of Taylor either but I just cant stop from watching any match he's playing in because there has never been anyone on the planet that has or has had the talent he posseses just plain mind boggling to watch him play.

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:19 am

^^^ I find that odd because I disagree SO much. Did you see Taylor's celebrations with Barney and in the final? WAY more than MvG celebrates.

I see a young 23 year old that knows 2 languages and does well to speak English in front of large crowds.

But this is an opinion thread.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:25 am

I think most of us saw what Taylor did and that could be the reason that mvg and taylor are so close in the poll
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:07 am

You didn't read my whole post then JD because if you had you would see what I wrote about taylor not being one of my fav's either and I did also give MvG the respect he deserves for his game just not his actions..just my opinion.. I like the players like Whitlock that when they hit a 180 you wouldn't even know it unless you saw him do it. I have hit many many 180's and have never celebrated 1 of them not even my 1st one. Granted it's not on a stage as big as this so I cant say how I would react but I'm pretty sure I would be the same as I am now. I hit 2 of them in the finals at the seacoast and no one even knew. His celebrating after winning is entriely different the match is over I have no problem with that.

Hat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 am

I just rewatched the final. I don't see where MvG celebrated after a 180.

Even in the Lewis-MvG match where he had 15 of them, he didn't celebrate.

I've seen where people say he celebrates too much but when I watch past vids I'm not seeing it. Of course he celebrates after a big set, but even after his last 9 darter he went right back to business. He has certainly toned things down quite a bit I think. On the other hand...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:43 am

JD's right he did seem a lot calmer in the championships. Guess we will wait and see if it continues though. But once again your comparing Taylor with the celebrating, both players could use a good kick in the butt and take a lesson from guys like Simon, Beaton etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Player   Least Favorite Player Empty

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Player

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1