We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWell Played Adrian Lewis! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Well Played Adrian Lewis!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Well Played Adrian Lewis! Empty
PostSubject: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I really enjoyed watching Lewis perform last night, he played some great darts there, I also thought he did a great post match interview with well thought observations regards the state of play.

I don't think Taylor played at his best, but I wonder why? Has Lewis got to him a little? Is Lewis another bogeyman for Taylor like Chizzzy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Possibly

Did you notice Taylor was looking back towards the camera (side of the stage) quite a far bit? Its like he was looking at someone up the side instead of the crowd.. something/one on his mind perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Lewis plays at his best against Taylor IMO. Let's not forget he was thrashing Taylor the first week and then fell apart and ended in a draw.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Wazza wrote:
Possibly

Did you notice Taylor was looking back towards the camera (side of the stage) quite a far bit? Its like he was looking at someone up the side instead of the crowd.. something/one on his mind perhaps?

Yeah but not sure if that was someone who had irritated him by shouting something?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 pm

I think Taylor let Lewis win so that he could get another couple of points to help hime get through to the finals. Yes the 160 checkout from Adi was class, but some of Taylor's shots were miles out - most un-Taylor like
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 pm

mc1958 wrote:
I think Taylor let Lewis win so that he could get another couple of points to help hime get through to the finals. Yes the 160 checkout from Adi was class, but some of Taylor's shots were miles out - most un-Taylor like

Funny you should say that Mike, I was kinda thinking that during the match, but the commentators were saying that Taylor never gives in and wont give anything away so I quickly dismissed those thoughts Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 pm

If they still had their war going on I wouldn't think it either - but they are back to being buddies again, and think they are practise partners now as well.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 pm

getagrip wrote:
I really enjoyed watching Lewis perform last night, he played some great darts there, I also thought he did a great post match interview with well thought observations regards the state of play.

I don't think Taylor played at his best, but I wonder why? Has Lewis got to him a little? Is Lewis another bogeyman for Taylor like Chizzzy?

Phil was too sociable on stage last night. The two lads were laughing and joking which is nice to see but its not the time to be friendly. Get on stage, destroy your opponent then shake his hand. The manner in which the match was played suited Lewis better i think.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:20 am

Bigshow wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Phil was too sociable on stage last night. The two lads were laughing and joking which is nice to see but its not the time to be friendly. Get on stage, destroy your opponent then shake his hand. The manner in which the match was played suited Lewis better i think.

Yeah he was a bit but maybe he has relaxed because he knows he's already through to the finals, but Lewis still played very well although it was Taylor who was getting the big 180's!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:20 am

getagrip wrote:
Bigshow wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Yeah he was a bit but maybe he has relaxed because he knows he's already through to the finals, but Lewis still played very well although it was Taylor who was getting the big 180's!

Score for show
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:07 am

Very odd performance from Taylor. I think grip may be right. He just kind of phoned it in since he's already guaranteed a shot at the end. He looked a little tired and a little bored to my eyes.

With Barney seeming to have collapsed the last couple of weeks, maybe he's hoping if he throws a couple free points at Lewis he'll spark up and bring some real competition at the end.

After all, he's apparently sponsoring some new blood into the PDC next year. Maybe he just doesn't think anyone can really challenge him anymore except Lewis (and then only if Lewis is really on his game)?
Back to top Go down
x2v

x2v

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:34 am

I don't really understand it myself. He looked very uncomfortable on stage, probably just an off night.
Lewis played well though, I feel that 160 made the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well Played Adrian Lewis!   Well Played Adrian Lewis! Empty

Back to top Go down

Well Played Adrian Lewis!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1