We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesQuestion, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? Empty
PostSubject: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 am

I heard ( don't remember where) that blue is the best color because of the contrast of the board colors. Any info from you folks would be interesting. Thx
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:48 am

I was always told by the older generation you should use white stems and black flight - no idea why but I have always gone with black and white or one or the other.

Not adverse to using other colours but when stocking up I always seems to go for the black/white theme.

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:56 am

As long as the flights and stems go together colour scheme wise then I don't care what colour they are lol
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 am

I'm not overly fussed on colour but if I had to oick a preference I would go with black flights.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 am

I like being able to see the dart fly which is hard to do with darker colors so I stick with white or yellow mostly.

I'm not bothered about stems at all. I use black because I got a good buy on a bulk order.
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 am

For a lot of years I used black stems (spider legs) and white flights. I have changed, but for some reason always preferred white flights. Now I'm using opaque or clear stems and flights and really like them. It makes it appear that my darts in the board are hardly there.

In fact I was playing in a tournament, I was chalking my score and the person I was playing against threw his before I pulled them. He said he could not even see they were in the board. I think he'll be trying to soon as well. Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 am

i prefer using white flights and either black or white stems . i have used black flights as i prefer the look of them ,but found it harder i like the contrast of the white flights against the board
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:29 am

jamie373 wrote:
i prefer using white flights and either black or white stems . i have used black flights as i prefer the look of them ,but found it harder i like the contrast of the white flights against the board
Interesting as I too prefer the white set up. Although I have some blue and yellow ones that I have to use up. Cosmo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 am

I have used white stems since I started playing. Have tried other colours, but always come back to the white stems.

Flight colour I have no preference what colour I use. I used to use fluro colours that I did myself with highliter pens.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am

Gota go the contrasting colour to the board look for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?   Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Question, other than personal preference does it really matter what color your flights and stems are ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1