We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNo matter how hard I try..... LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

No matter how hard I try.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Rage

The Rage

No matter how hard I try..... Empty
PostSubject: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 am

Got this set of Knurled Bristow's i've had since October last year and I still ain't hit a 180 with them. How very annoying!! Lol every other set i've managed at least one but for one reason or another with these it's T20, T20 and then my arse goes on the third dart!!!!! Some of you may know how I feel ha ha!!
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

try taking a deep breath between 2 and 3. sometimes that extra second helps me settle the nerves. other times i will aim high cause i have a tendancy to shortarm the last dart when stakes are high.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm

i feel you, bro. always happens to me on the third dart as well. i'll advice rum's advice and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm

i know the feeling mate. for me its with my first set of darts, 24g whitlocks. the only set of darts i own that i haven't christened and i've had them the longest haha. to make matters worse my buddy was trying them and within 3 minutes, bam 180. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 pm

I've hit 180's with every set of darts I've got with the exception of one set as well.

I can throw anything from 20g to 26g darts although my preferred range is between 21g and 23g. However hard I try though I can't get anywhere with the Steve Bunting Bullets as they are too light for me at 15g.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 pm

I wish I had hit a 180 with every set I owned, would have had over a 1000 180's by now! Very Happy

My carrot darts were the hardest to throw though, just would not stick in the board:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Try not to think about it Rage and it will come....the more you think you aren't gonna hit it with these darts the harder it'll be. After you get the first one you'll no doubt start filling the lipstick with them. Would be something that would wreck my head aswell
Hamo
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Glad to know I aint alone! Smile Cheers for the sound advice guys and Grip..... Crazy Grip

lol! lol on floor
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I've got a set I couldn't christen. And its the one i thought I would hit the most with.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 am

getagrip wrote:
I wish I had hit a 180 with every set I owned, would have had over a 1000 180's by now! Very Happy

My carrot darts were the hardest to throw though, just would not stick in the board:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

scuff da points ya twit.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 am

Them carrots just look so wrong, Grip your a CARROT HEID!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 pm

LOL!

Maybe I should try Baby Carrots instead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:04 am

Once 180's stop becoming special they come along much more quickly. The first one is special and I think your first 170 checkout is also special...but once you do it..you know you can and it becomes easy. Relax, good dart players can play with any set. It is a mental thing, relax and enjoy, focus on every dart you throw and you'll sort it out.....also once you hit one, you'll hit the next very soon after
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 am

Bovrilheid wrote:
Once 180's stop becoming special they come along much more quickly. The first one is special and I think your first 170 checkout is also special...but once you do it..you know you can and it becomes easy. Relax, good dart players can play with any set. It is a mental thing, relax and enjoy, focus on every dart you throw and you'll sort it out.....also once you hit one, you'll hit the next very soon after

Great advice mate, definately a mental thing. On a plus note aside from that particular set the amount of times I was two darts into a 180 with my newest set last night was unreal!! affraid I feel another 180 in my waters soon
happy dude
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Rage, do you like the new set of darts? Do you "feel" you play better with them? These are the important questions. I know most of us like shiny new darts and we feel that there is a perfect set out there.....but there isn't obviously depending on your throw, certain styles and weights suit you, so for beginners it is important to get a set you are comfortable with. But if you are hitting 180s you are more than a beginner.....get a set and stick with them, then you can start tweaking things like shaft length, flight shape and material and generally fine tune your darts......i've went through a good 24 month trying to get set up perfect, and things I am doing now are very VERY minor, like putting springs on and off, sometimes when you are just not flowing though, the danger is that you make a major change.....for me thinking slim flights were the way to go.

I use n01 to measure the changes in my darts. So I throw say 100 legs and take an average with my set up.... Make a change and then throw another 100 legs and measure the difference...obviously over a period of a week or so. This, for me anyway, is a much more scientific way of measuring my dart set up. But I cannot emphasise enough, stick with one set of darts.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

almost broke the seal on the whitlocks yesterday. first two hit smack dab in the treble easy as pie. threw the third dart and it was one of those darts you can just feel thats the perfect amount of power/trajectory etc.. in my head i was like "here's a 180!" however the dart landed side first into the treble and almost got stuck horizontally between the other two haha. would have made for an excellent picture for the trick shot/whoops thread, maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 am

Bovrilheid wrote:
Rage, do you like the new set of darts? Do you "feel" you play better with them? These are the important questions. I know most of us like shiny new darts and we feel that there is a perfect set out there.....but there isn't obviously depending on your throw, certain styles and weights suit you, so for beginners it is important to get a set you are comfortable with. But if you are hitting 180s you are more than a beginner.....get a set and stick with them, then you can start tweaking things like shaft length, flight shape and material and generally fine tune your darts......i've went through a good 24 month trying to get set up perfect, and things I am doing now are very VERY minor, like putting springs on and off, sometimes when you are just not flowing though, the danger is that you make a major change.....for me thinking slim flights were the way to go.

I use n01 to measure the changes in my darts. So I throw say 100 legs and take an average with my set up.... Make a change and then throw another 100 legs and measure the difference...obviously over a period of a week or so. This, for me anyway, is a much more scientific way of measuring my dart set up. But I cannot emphasise enough, stick with one set of darts.

+1.some real jewels in that post Bov.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:25 am

Thanks rum...appreciate that post.....it is really simple stuff though...but we all forget sometimes. Measurement of adjustments is key to all of this. Try to reduce variation...or at least only vary one thing at a time, so practice same time of day etc too.

Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 am

couldn't agree more. its hard to find a solution to a problem when all the factors and variables are changing. maintaing a sound control is basic method. great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No matter how hard I try.....   No matter how hard I try..... Empty

Back to top Go down

No matter how hard I try.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1