We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images24g Ted Hankey - My Review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

24g Ted Hankey - My Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Rage

The Rage

24g Ted Hankey - My Review Empty
PostSubject: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 am

Never done one of these before chaps so please bear with me and my limited description skills lol!

24g is my kind of weight I think I can safely say and I must have sampled every other type of dart. Smoothies caught me eye today and gripped me firmly by the wallet.

Out of the box all of the contents:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Side on view of barrell:

With my setup:

Another close shot with my setup:

Staring down the barrell:

Rather snazzy case:

I've gone from one extreme to the other with this set grip wise but what is apparent after a few throws to me is that as your holding them they are warming up creating a grip of their own. Going in I was thinking I'd be all over the shop with them slipping out of my hand but honestly smooth darts are surprisingly grippy! Sounds crazy doesn't it but you keep holding them and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

One of the other things I really like in these darts is the nose. Almost like a built in trident - there is a tiny tiny lip but I can't see them immediately battering flights not for a while.

The barrels are etched with Ted's signature bats - about the only thing that's gonna wear on the barrells. Having never owned a smooth set I just imagine that they should chip less than say a set of Bristow's or Taylor's for instance. Maybe after time I may notice the odd mark but the only way I can see that happening is if maybe they get a direct hit from a point or the rather un pronounced lip on the noses. Should wear well over time really.

Decided to stick with my setup of small stems and ring punched flights. Can't get along with the out of box setup just way too long for my liking - I'd lose an eye the way I draw my darts back! lol on floor

Had half hour on the board with them and hit a few tons and stuff, there's no way I'd consider using them on Wednesday nights just yet. Got to tune them in before making that sort of commitment. I'll take them along to practice with though Smile

All in all great value for money just look at that case! Well smart. Beautifullly made 90% tungsten arrows as you'd expect from Winmau, they get a ten on ten from me.

Thanks for stopping by for my review Smile You don't have to be on your way though! lol!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:36 am

Nice Rage, do ya have the dimensions?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:37 am

Wouldn't be from Argos would it lol - i was thinking of getting a set but thought that was a bit of an expensive way of getting the case lol (I already have a set of the darts in a lower weight).

I like the Hankey's and I know exactly what you mean about the grip for a smooth dart.

Good review - +1 from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am

Nice review! Great pictures too. They are nice lookin darts. +1 from me also mate
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:48 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Nice Rage, do ya have the dimensions?

Thanks Larry! Only from DC mate I'm no good myself lol!

Length: 48.40 mm
Width: 6.50 mm
Narrowest point: 6.50 mm
Widest point: 6.50 mm

Funny thing is on DC they are all in odd weights where as mine are an even weight (24g). Hopefully the same dimensions though mate!
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 am

mc1958 wrote:
Wouldn't be from Argos would it lol - i was thinking of getting a set but thought that was a bit of an expensive way of getting the case lol (I already have a set of the darts in a lower weight).

I like the Hankey's and I know exactly what you mean about the grip for a smooth dart.

Good review - +1 from me Very Happy

Good guess inspector! lol! Good old Argos card eh? Lol

Yeah the grip is really surprising I'm well happy with them, let's see how long this honeymoon period lasts shall we lol

Cheers for the +1 mate! saucepot
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 am

USMC80 wrote:
Nice review! Great pictures too. They are nice lookin darts. +1 from me also mate

Nice one Mac cheers mate! saucepot
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am

Well done Rage, a fine review mate, +1 from me too!. I think a lot of people think smooth dart will be too slippy for them but its something I feel you need to try first as a lot depends on the natural oils and moisture levels of your fingers and also your fingerprints too, as some people may have very flat fingerprint ridges and dry skin so they may not suit them.

I had some in 24g but for some reason I never quite got on with them, but now that I know they are drilled out to be more front weighted I may try a lighter set in 22g and give them another go. well see anyway. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:24 am

Great review. I like what you said about the grip. It's very true. I took a chance and ordered these same darts (mine's lighter). I've been playing with them for 6 days now. I didn't think there would be much of a grip at all but after a few tosses they warm up in your hand and give more grip then expected. It was my 1st time ever shooting with a smooth grip dart and I have to say, it's been the best decision I've ever made.

One question though. Have you weighed your darts? I say that because they only come in 21, 23 or 25 grams. Were yours marked 24?
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:42 am

getagrip wrote:
Well done Rage, a fine review mate, +1 from me too!. I think a lot of people think smooth dart will be too slippy for them but its something I feel you need to try first as a lot depends on the natural oils and moisture levels of your fingers and also your fingerprints too, as some people may have very flat fingerprint ridges and dry skin so they may not suit them.

I had some in 24g but for some reason I never quite got on with them, but now that I know they are drilled out to be more front weighted I may try a lighter set in 22g and give them another go. well see anyway. good job

Cheers Darren! happy dude

Spot on about the moisture levels and fingerprints. Really enjoying them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 am

Winmau wrote:
Great review. I like what you said about the grip. It's very true. I took a chance and ordered these same darts (mine's lighter). I've been playing with them for 6 days now. I didn't think there would be much of a grip at all but after a few tosses they warm up in your hand and give more grip then expected. It was my 1st time ever shooting with a smooth grip dart and I have to say, it's been the best decision I've ever made.

One question though. Have you weighed your darts? I say that because they only come in 21, 23 or 25 grams. Were yours marked 24?

Many thanks dude!

I saw your video of your first 3 darts and you hit a 180, that was class right there! happy dude

Are your's ten grams lighter than mine if I recall? Glad they working for you mate - if I went that light i'd vere off a dart or two into the ceiling!
lol!

On the box from Argos mate it does say 24g, thought it was odd myself but snapped them up being my ideal weight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 am

Between JD and Rage ,you guys are gonna make me buy a set of these! Thanks for costing me money!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 am

Nice review mate, those hankeys are definately creeping up my wishlist...
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:12 am

Rage, was this the 1st time trying/buying a set of smooth darts?

Were you as surprised as I was with how grippy these are after a few throws?

Let us know if they continue to work well for ya.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 am

spat66 wrote:
Between JD and Rage ,you guys are gonna make me buy a set of these! Thanks for costing me money!

lol! Go on you know you wanna! cry laugh
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 am

Thefox180 wrote:
Nice review mate, those hankeys are definately creeping up my wishlist...

Cheers bud! Such a well made dart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:24 am

Winmau wrote:
Rage, was this the 1st time trying/buying a set of smooth darts?

Were you as surprised as I was with how grippy these are after a few throws?

Let us know if they continue to work well for ya.

It was indeed mate, I couldn't believe the grip after only say nine darts if that!

Gonna be on the board tonight for hours, it's like Christmas came early in this house! saucepot
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:32 am

Gotta trust a fellow Maiden fan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 am

The Rage wrote:
Gonna be on the board tonight for hours, it's like Christmas came early in this house! saucepot

Awesome!!!!!!!!! have fun, and make sure a camera is close by. clink glasses
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:42 am

spat66 wrote:
Gotta trust a fellow Maiden fan!

ha ha nice one - UP THE IRONS!!! riff man
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:44 am

Winmau wrote:
The Rage wrote:

Awesome!!!!!!!!! have fun, and make sure a camera is close by. clink glasses

Thanks bud! Camera standing by for their 1st 180 I promise ya! happy dude
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:52 am

I wonder what the Atomised ones are like, hmmmm Me Thinking
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 am

getagrip wrote:
I wonder what the Atomised ones are like, hmmmm Me Thinking

They have an atomised grip rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:01 am

Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:12 am

Ted uses that version doesn't he or does he still have the same set from the dark ages lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 am

cry laugh
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:38 am

So agonisingly close! It's in the pipe line though I know it!!

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 am

right there bud, you got this
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:41 am

I'm pounding away till I get there bud believe me! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:38 am

Still find these darts you have to be a bit odd.

1st, they were sold to you at a weight not made.

2nd, they have black points.

Hankey's only come with silver.

Just wonder why there is a difference with this particular set.

Which I think are very nice btw. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24g Ted Hankey - My Review   24g Ted Hankey - My Review Empty

Back to top Go down

24g Ted Hankey - My Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next