We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTed Hankey 14 Gram  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Ted Hankey 14 Gram

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ted Hankey 14 Gram  Empty
PostSubject: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:31 am

Interesting dart was my 1st impression. Have never been a fan of a smooth dart, but to be honest the only one I ever tried was my old doubles partners dart. He had a 26 gram smooth dart with movable Jeff Pickup points. Hated his dart tot say the least. This dart is much different. Because of it's super light weight you don't notice the slick grip as much. Sounds weird, but true. The slightly tapered barrel allows you to remember where you fingers go without a second thought. I think I might really like these. The weight is perfect for me. Just about 1/2 gram heavier then I normally play with. I intend to play with these a lot tonight. I want to see how they work when my hand and the barrel gets warmed up. The nose cone on these darts is a really cool feature. Don't see many other darts like it, if any. My darts came with the box signed by Ted himself. I thought that was a cool bonus. Look forward to more testing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:37 am

Like the nose cone aspect but those slippery light weight darts are just not for me. That being said if it works for you than by all means march on with them. Got a feeling your gonna sell them. Oh , I do like his bat symbol and I do like Hankey also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:43 am

I think you're right Silver. I probably will sell these and get the atomised grip ones in the same weight. Just so happens A180 is holding a set for me as we speak. Laughing
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:53 am

I had some and they are a nice dart but never suited me, think Hankey had cursed them! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:00 am

Took my darts over to show my old doubles partner. He has since retired from darts.

Anyway, I thought he shot with completely smooth barrels. I was wrong.

He did like the Hankey's though. Didn't like the weight however.

Here's his 20+ year old missiles.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 am

Hmmmm. Might have to keep these just on principle.

Got up from the computer desk, turned the camera on, and was going to video for awhile with my new Hankey's.

These were my 1st 3 darts...

Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 am

Yeah maybe you should hang on to those for a bit! Good omen for first toss!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 am

spat66 wrote:
Yeah maybe you should hang on to those for a bit! Good omen for first toss!

Totally!!! If you listen to me after the 1st dart, I was happy with that.

Then the other 2 followed. happy dude
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 am

Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:14 am

Love it JD, nice shootin' rebel smilie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:18 am

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:21 am

Excellent JD! I guess you like them then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 am

getagrip wrote:
Excellent JD! I guess you like them then? Very Happy

Put in about 20 good minutes with the.

So far so good.

I'm very surprised at how much I like them.

I guess that serves me right for "thinking" I didn't like a smooth grip.

But shooting in my computer room like a super hero and tournament testing them are 2 different things.

In time...
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:32 am

give a few days and see if they still do it for you, could be new darts syndrome?
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 am

Damn that new darts syndrome, cost me a fortune Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 am

getagrip wrote:
give a few days and see if they still do it for you, could be new darts syndrome?

Yeah, I think it's what it is. Truth is I could probably shoot decent with just about any dart. 26 gram, 20 gram, etc...

But these just seem to feel really good in my hand.

Most likely keepers.

The other ones... the 15 gram ones. Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 am

I always wanted to try hankeys.. I will have to do that someday..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 am

Goofing around trying different games. Decided to play some 301, double start. Went 120, 145, 36 out for a 7 darter. Then went on to play some cricket against the Nscore program. Set up level 4 with me going 1st and smoked him 3 in a row. Let him go 1st and he paid me back 3 in a row. Was shooting over 4 mpr in every game though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Got my best score playing baseball (1-9) since my return. Finished with 48 marks. 5.33 MPR. Looks like these darts might be keepers.
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm

They are great darts.
I have both the silver and the atomised grip version, both in 14grams.
The atomised grip had a better grip when they were new, but soon wear smooth.
This made them too slippery for me. So I have to sand them down to bare metal. This gave the the same grip as the silver version which is still good for a smooth barrel nickel tungsten dart.
Storm points also fit well into them!
I love my customs made copper tungsten version from Elven!
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:08 am

i have a 23g version of these darts. beautifully made darts indeed.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 am

Nice darts mate and the video, I liked the vocals! Sounded as happy as a pig in chardonnay when that last dart went in!
lol! good job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:17 am

The Rage wrote:
Nice darts mate and the video, I liked the vocals! Sounded as happy as a pig in chardonnay when that last dart went in!
lol! good job

LOL, Thanks! I Was pretty excited about that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MattWynwa

MattWynwa

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 am

I think there's a club gathering that want to 'just try' these light Hankeys..... most of my team have said they'd like to try them once just to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 am

MattWynwa wrote:
I think there's a club gathering that want to 'just try' these light Hankeys..... most of my team have said they'd like to try them once just to see!

There's just "something" about them. Not sure if it's the front loaded thing, weight, grip but they fly SOOOOOO straight.

I haven't changed anything, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 am

Here's a re-visit.

Like this combo much better. This is the color combo I normally shoot with.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 am

awesome setup there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am

Back to top Go down
MattWynwa

MattWynwa

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 am

I've since bought a set of these!

I love them!

I'm only unsure about the 14g weight. Tempted now to buy the 21g set, love the shape and throw of them.

Opinions, atomised grip or normal? does the atomised chip and scuff quickly and if so is it a gimmick grip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am

MattWynwa wrote:
I've since bought a set of these!

I love them!

I'm only unsure about the 14g weight. Tempted now to buy the 21g set, love the shape and throw of them.

Opinions, atomised grip or normal? does the atomised chip and scuff quickly and if so is it a gimmick grip?

Awesome!!! I have the regular silver barrels. So I can't quite comment on the atomised grip. Although I will be ordering

them from A180 shortly.

If you're not used to a 14g dart then it might be hard to get used to them. I agree on the shape of them though.

Best dart I've ever owned. Just so happens to be the best I've played in years as well.

You might want to give the 21g a go though. All depends on how ya feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Hankey 14 Gram    Ted Hankey 14 Gram  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ted Hankey 14 Gram

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next