We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagested hankey silver 14g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

ted hankey silver 14g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamie373

jamie373

ted hankey silver 14g Empty
PostSubject: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:41 am

i've been wanting to try these for a while now. when i started playing darts i noticed in the red dragon catalogue the weights that the pros where using and was very surprised at the fact hankey was using 14 gram darts. that wasn't the only reason though i also like the bats on them and the coffin case, i'm easily pleased like that! after reading what JD had to say about them , watching his videos and then seeing storm points on them i decided i had to get them. i bought these from perfectdarts.com for £16 !!! an absolute bargain for 90% tungsten pro player darts. i had already bought the coffin case of DC a few weeks back.
so anyway they arrived this morning in the post and i was a wee bit wary thinking i may have wasted my money on a dart far lighter than i was used to and with a smooth barrel, but to be honest i never had any problems with either the weight or grip at all. as JD has mentioned in previous posts they do need a bit of warming up to get the best grip , but after about 5 minutes of play the grip is amazing and i had no problems with slippage or anything like that. i got used to the weight really quickly and managed to get a ton 40 in about 20 minutes. i was also worried about the darts not penetrating the board enough with them being so light and again there was no problems. i have had 3 drop outs today but i have yet to scuff the tips and two of them were on the bull.
the only thing i can fault with these darts is the nose. they will be improved a lot with storm points as i have wrecked 4 flights today, i have put tridents on in the mean time which marry well to the nose.
at the price you can get these darts i would recommend that you try them for yourself and you can get signed ones (box) at about £24ish over at a180 if your a hankey fan or thinking about increased resell value if they don't work out for you.
i bought various stems and flights at the same time so i could find what suited them best and printed out some of the practice sheets i posted the other day. i then threw 100 darts of slim, pear , kite and standard on tweenie stems to compare them. i'll do a bit more tuning later ,but it is looking like short steams and pear flights suit these the best (for me anyway)
i know nosssweat has also ordered at set of these and is expecting them shortly so it'll be good to know how he gets on with them too. i think JD should change his screen name to Yoda now with all the work he does to promote the light side cry laugh .
i like these so much that i may even sell my one80's ,but i'll wait to see how things go with these ones for a while.in short buy these , fit storm points , play better darts ( unless someone turns the air conditioning on ) cry laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
top : one80 bavaria 22g middle hankey : 14g bottom : v-wing 25g
7 mark on 20's
7 mark on 19's
7 markon 18's
5 mark on bulls
comparison between flights
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 am

Very thorough Jamie. Looks like you are throwing well with them actually. They are quite a bit shorter than your One80 darts though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 am

yeah they are actually wider as well. i have to change my grip a bit but it seams to be working out for the better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 am

great review mate Smile

my advice to anyone using very light darts and i think JD will agree with me on this if you think your playing superb with them although thats a good thing wait untill you try them out under match pressure.when you get them little snathes in the arm due to pressure there not as forgiving with light darts
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:53 am

lion180 wrote:
great review mate Smile

my advice to anyone using very light darts and i think JD will agree with me on this if you think your playing superb with them although thats a good thing wait untill you try them out under match pressure.when you get them little snathes in the arm due to pressure there not as forgiving with light darts

I agree Lion - that's why I'm not throwing my Hankeys- plus Mac has them right now! They are a nice flying dart - but as you said light darts aren't very forgiving. The deflections are big with them and a hard board will hardly hold them. They wouldn't hardly stick in my bandit board but no problems with my blade4. Never know what kind of board your going to play on when you go out.
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 am

not much problem for me , i've never played anywhere apart from my living room and never played anyone else either lol on floor i do understand what your saying though http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 am

Great review Jamie.

I agree about what you said with the flights. Because of the shape of the nose and points they chew up flights pretty good. But Storm points fix that problem 100%.
I have found that slim flights work best (for me) with light darts. But everybody throws differently so flights really don't matter. Whatever works best for you is all that counts.

I also disagree with Lion saying light darts are not as forgiving. It's my opinion that a badly thrown dart will go wherever it goes. Look at the pro's. Look at MvG for example. Some days he can set a record and average over 120 ppr. Other days he's in the mid 80's. Is it because his darts aren't as forgiving, or some other reason? But ever since day 1 I've noticed I throw less darts into the 5 segment with the Hankey's than with any other dart I've ever owned. Could be quite a few reasons for that though. I could never pinpoint it to one thing.

Just give them a little bit of time before you make up your mind with them. Storm points will also improve the darts 100%. I hate the points they come with. Too sharp and slick. I took sandpaper to mine right away.

Good to hear your comments though. +1

http://i111.photobuc

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:05 am

great review Jamie! I couldn't throw with them at all and will be sending them back to Shawn shortly
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 am

JD do you have the 26mm storms on yours? I want to put some on mine but only have the 30 mm storms on hand. I fear they may be too long.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:09 am

i think the 30mm will def be to long Shawn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 am

spat66 wrote:
JD do you have the 26mm storms on yours? I want to put some on mine but only have the 30 mm storms on hand. I fear they may be too long.

Yeah Spat, I should of mentioned that. 26mm Storm points. That's just about identical to the size they come with. Some people like longer points though. S'pose it really doesn't matter. Personal preference.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 am

USMC80 wrote:
i think the 30mm will def be to long Shawn

Yea I think so too - I think it would cause severe nose dives on those tin foil darts! lol!
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 am

JD have you any idea how far they are drilled out? not important i was just wondering don't have anything at hand that fits all the way . the point of another dart doesn't reach the bottom anyway.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:22 am

Well nice review ! Honey moon comes to my mind though. Look if they work for you they work is all that really matters. As for me and not trying to wind JD or any of you that uses these light darts is I look at the weights 8 out 10 Pros use is all. Look at the top 16 in PDC and the BDO. But like I said to each his own and if they work they work period. My practice partner who is a top notch shooter uses 14gm featherlites and hes deadly with them.

Good Luck with them mate.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:24 am

Your right Larry - whatever works best for you. JD is obviously a beast with the 14 gram dart
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 am

Now I'm really looking forward to getting mine. Good review mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Well nice review ! Honey moon comes to my mind though. Look if they work for you they work is all that really matters. As for me and not trying to wind JD or any of you that uses these light darts is I look at the weights 8 out 10 Pros use is all. Look at the top 16 in PDC and the BDO. But like I said to each his own and if they work they work period. My practice partner who is a top notch shooter uses 14gm featherlites and hes deadly with them.

Good Luck with them mate.

i agree there's not may top pro's who use under 20g there must be a reason for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:35 am

Dennis Priestley put on the greatest display of darts ever known to man.

He won 5 games on the trot in 49 darts against Bobby George.

All using a dart in the 14-15 gram range.

I agree though. Whatever the pro's are doing is a very good indicator. When it comes to shooting at outs, whatever they are doing is pretty much correct 98% of the time.

As far as weights though? Group all the world champions together and the weight of their darts will vary quite a bit. From 13 grams to over 30 grams. Weird.

Hey Jamie. I measured the depth of the hole in the back end of the darts. 32mm deep. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Mine arrived today. Not had a proper throw with them yet but they are a really nice dart. The smooth grip feel fine. Will see what I think after a proper practice.

On a side not great service from perfect darts, great price and speedy delivery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Nosssweat wrote:
Mine arrived today. Not had a proper throw with them yet but they are a really nice dart. The smooth grip feel fine. Will see what I think after a proper practice.

On a side not great service from perfect darts, great price and speedy delivery

Cool. Get some pics up if you can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 am

Right had about an hour with these today, Im not 100% sure on them yet.

Every time I thought they wasn't for me I hit a high score.

Im going to keep going with them for a couple more days because I do like them and I had quite a few high scores with them. Doubles are hit and miss at the minute I either hit it in 1-3 darts or I just couldn't hit it for ages.

Great darts though like I said anyone who has their eye on these but is worried about the grip, don't be after a few minutes of playing with them they warm to your hand and they are just a grippy as a ringed dart

Couple of 140s with them heres one Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 am

happy dude

Awesome!!! It would take a day or so to get used to them considering their weight.

Nice setup you have there. Looks good.
Back to top Go down
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:12 am

Winmau wrote:
happy dude

Awesome!!! It would take a day or so to get used to them considering their weight.

Nice setup you have there. Looks good.

Cheers, Yeah it wasnt that long ago I went from 24g to 20g and now these are 14g so in a few months Ive lost 10g lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am

Nice one, think I may have to try some 14g Hankeys too! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Nosssweat

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 am

getagrip wrote:
Nice one, think I may have to try some 14g Hankeys too! Shocked

Join the club mate....go on, you know you want to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ted hankey silver 14g   ted hankey silver 14g Empty

Back to top Go down

ted hankey silver 14g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1