We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesJustin Pipe Cosmo darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Justin Pipe Cosmo darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Justin Pipe Cosmo darts Empty
PostSubject: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:23 am

It's not on the Cosmo site as I believe they are on a break at the moment, but the Justin Pipe site has the official announcement of his darts being released on 28th August:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As with the John Part darts these come with a set of Fit Shaft Gear stems - this time in white - and 2 sets of flights. There is also a limited edition set in black.

Price - probably around the £115-120 mark like the other Cosmo sets. Nice darts and on the wishlist for when I win the lottery lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:28 am

Cosmo darts cost that much????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:30 am

screw that
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:39 am

Nice looking darts, but the price would put me off giving them a try.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:47 am

no- hell no
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 am

Winmau wrote:
go to the japanese site, hell I thought it was their telephone number
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Winmau wrote:
go to the japanese site, hell I thought it was their telephone number

lol on floor

They look similar to something I have seen by Target, cant think what they were tho head slap
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 am

I think you will find they are going to be dearer than that.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 am

Big Gun wrote:
I think you will find they are going to be dearer than that.

What makes you say that? The John Part Cosmo's, and the others like Rob Heckman, Gary Mawson, etc are all on a US site at $176 - in real money that works out at just over £112. I would be shocked if the Pipe darts cost more than their others
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 am

Lets just say that I have friends in high places if you know what I mean, nudge nudge and you might be surprised at the price of them when they come out. I won't say any more than that until they are released as things have a habit of changing at the last minute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 am

i agree big gun
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:14 am

Well I have seen some Jap darts as high as £180 so that is crazy, no one over here will pay over £100 for them, I will just get a custom set made exactly the same for less than £50
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:15 am

Yup, completely agree grip.
They are lovely looking darts though, almost exactly what i want
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am

I think a lot will do that. Cosmo charge to much for all their gear I feel. But while people pay it they can get away with it I suppose. I would't pay it but I am Thrifty
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 pm

getagrip wrote:
Well I have seen some Jap darts as high as £180 so that is crazy, no one over here will pay over £100 for them, I will just get a custom set made exactly the same for less than £50

Yeah, a guy would have to be nuts to spend that much on one set of darts!!!!

Grips smile
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 pm

As Grip says, you can get them custom made for £50 ! lol

I think they are going to struggle to shift these darts, no disrespect to pipe, but he isn't a big name and hasn't won a big one, no one outside of the hardcore dart fans who follow the tour really know him so why would they spend £30 or £40 more than it costs for a set of Taylor darts to get a set of his......

Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:44 pm

He is with Chizzy one of the up and coming new stars on the circuit though. He will win a major and you will see him in the Premier League I believe. He has won more floor events than any other pro over the past few years and is very consistent. Plus good value for money as he rubs others up the wrong way with his slightly slower than The Power's throw. I love Pipey but have to agree his darts are going to be over priced but that is down to Cosmo rather than the Legend to be Justin Pipe.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

All Japanese products are expensive at present but the Japanese consumers seem to be happy to pay those silly prices, which is why they wont make a big impact over here. People already balk at the prices Unicorn charge for the Phase 5 Rossos' and Sigma darts and recently the £50 price tag of Targets Carrera darts, so looks like its just Sal (The Coach) who will be buying these lol!
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:01 am

getagrip wrote:
All Japanese products are expensive at present but the Japanese consumers seem to be happy to pay those silly prices, which is why they wont make a big impact over here. People already balk at the prices Unicorn charge for the Phase 5 Rossos' and Sigma darts and recently the £50 price tag of Targets Carrera darts, so looks like its just Sal (The Coach) who will be buying these lol!

Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 am

There will be more than a couple sold. Like everything else, some people will pay exorbitant prices for the perceived cache they acquire by saying I own $180 darts.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

I think I will stick to my $12 Puma's.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Well I can't see Pipe making much from the sale of the darts, unless they are paying him a big royalty for each set.
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Whatever chance Justin has of making a few bob, it would be that he design the darts himself. Do not think they will be best sellers in this part of the world however!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
I think I will stick to my $12 Puma's.

lol! I hear ya Jimbo. I'm in the same boat. Shot with my $15 Hi-Tec since 2001.
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 am

ochejockey wrote:
There will be more than a couple sold. Like everything else, some people will pay exorbitant prices for the perceived cache they acquire by saying I own $180 darts.

I know what you mean. The other day I saw this guy standing next to his Ferrari checking his Rolex and I whipped out my Heckmans and said "check these bad boys out". He was crushed!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am

The Coach wrote:
ochejockey wrote:

I know what you mean. The other day I saw this guy standing next to his Ferrari checking his Rolex and I whipped out my Heckmans and said "check these bad boys out". He was crushed!!

cry laugh Cant buy class!
Back to top Go down
The Coach

The Coach

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 am

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I've not seen these in any of the UK or US websites I use so I sent Cosmo an email asking about stockists, and I just got a reply. At this point in time none of the Cosmo distributors in Europe are stocking these (either darts or flights) at the present time. Not too sure about US stockists, but as I doubt JP is well known enough over there I can't see any of them stocking these either. I can't afford the darts, but I would like a set of the flights for the collection lol.

I also asked about a couple of other things while I was at it:

1 - the Jeff Smith flights - no release date has yet been set. I can't see these being available in the UK, but hopefully AAA Plus Trains will stock these ones when they are available.

and
2 - at the moment signature flights are released in Standard and whichever shape(s) the player actually uses. I asked this mainly about kite shaped signature flights as that's mainly what I use - unfortunately none of the players currently use this shape, so there won't be any releases in this shape Sad
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 am

nice looking darts but money dont grow on trees
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Just seen that Justin will be selling his Cosmo gear from his website shortly. Don't know how much but he said on twitter a couple of weeks ago that the darts cost around £110 which ties in with what the other Cosmo darts go for per my first post. Hopefully he will stock the flights as well so I can get some for my collection lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Justin Pipe Cosmo darts   Justin Pipe Cosmo darts Empty

Back to top Go down

Justin Pipe Cosmo darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next