We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR Empty
PostSubject: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Got to say I think these look great!

I like that Cosmo darts are listening to the customer feedback and improving the products too.

The only thing is if they are nearly indestructible will you ever buy more than one set? Now if they could make the flights better wearing then the prices would not be so off putting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 am

I've had one shaft break in 4 months. How much are they charging for these? Another gimmick IMO.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 am

I don't know how much they are, but if they are nearly indestructible then they are not going to get much repeat purchasing from the same customer, so I guess they will cost more than the other fit shafts.

Dont really see how its a gimmick as such, it is just another stage of development of their stems, I'm all for manufacuturers developing new ideas, its just the cost thats the issue.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:35 am

another stage of development? Like I said I had one break out of all the sets i've had. Just a ploy to charge more IMO
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 am

cool man, who has them?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 am

USMC80 wrote:
another stage of development? Like I said I had one break out of all the sets i've had. Just a ploy to charge more IMO

Your missing the point though, obviously people must have complained about shafts breaking, so they have come out with a shaft thats seemingly unbreakable under normal circumstances, to me thats advancing a product based on customer feedback, cant see it been a big advantage to them as a manufacturer having a product that may never need replacing, thats like having dart points that will never wear down, I just wish the flights had the same level of durability.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 am

Not falling for it
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:25 am

USMC80 wrote:
Not falling for it

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 am

still too expensive
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm

SilverSaber wrote:
cool man, who has them?

Nobody yet at a rough guess - they only came out 2 days ago.

I like the look of the hybrids and will no doubt get a set of those - I wish they did them in other colours though (ie a clear or smoky black).

As for stems breaking, I've now had 5 break due to bounceouts either hitting the edge of a coffee table or hitting the floor at the wrong angle. If these new stems stop those sort of breakages then I don't mind paying a little extra - just not a lot extra lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm

mc1958 wrote:
SilverSaber wrote:
cool man, who has them?

Nobody yet at a rough guess - they only came out 2 days ago.

I like the look of the hybrids and will no doubt get a set of those - I wish they did them in other colours though (ie a clear or smoky black).

As for stems breaking, I've now had 5 break due to bounceouts either hitting the edge of a coffee table or hitting the floor at the wrong angle. If these new stems stop those sort of breakages then I don't mind paying a little extra - just not a lot extra lol.

Larry has already ordered some from aaatrains (or whatever its called). Think they are about $10.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Yep, gonna do a review on them when I get them.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 pm

I saw them on AAA Trains as well - he hasn't actually got them in yet, they are pre-order. If Cosmo released them on time (ie 24th) then they take around a week or so to get to AAA before he can mail them out. If he had the hybrids on his site I would have put in an order as well lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 am

lol! Looks ya got a long wait then POPs!
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:55 am

I'm not nearly as concerned about a shaft breaking as I am about the flights splitting each other. I don't play anywhere without at least some kind of carpet on the floor and I don't get an overly high number of bounce outs since I throw a heavy dart, relatively hard, but I split one and badly damaged another of the flights in my first set of Cosmos in just a few minutes of play - even after having scuffed them as was recommended.

I love the product but I've switched back to standard gear until my next order where I hope to try out the AIR series. It seems to me like they are listening to negative feedback and trying to evolve. R&D has costs associated and I've never minded paying more for a truly superior product for that reason. Hopefully the combination of he hybrid and the air will be a winner for me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:00 am

Chalk Is Cheap wrote:
I'm not nearly as concerned about a shaft breaking as I am about the flights splitting each other. I don't play anywhere without at least some kind of carpet on the floor and I don't get an overly high number of bounce outs since I throw a heavy dart, relatively hard, but I split one and badly damaged another of the flights in my first set of Cosmos in just a few minutes of play - even after having scuffed them as was recommended.

I love the product but I've switched back to standard gear until my next order where I hope to try out the AIR series. It seems to me like they are listening to negative feedback and trying to evolve. R&D has costs associated and I've never minded paying more for a truly superior product for that reason. Hopefully the combination of he hybrid and the air will be a winner for me.

Thats a good point, and it seems they must put a lot into the R and D side which is possibly why the product itself is a little on the expensive side, if they can come out with more durable flights then they will have a top class product that I would recommend regardless of cost.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 am

getagrip wrote:
Chalk Is Cheap wrote:

Thats a good point, and it seems they must put a lot into the R and D side which is possibly why the product itself is a little on the expensive side, if they can come out with more durable flights then they will have a top class product that I would recommend regardless of cost.

If they can find that product and cut back on the R&D you should see the price drop because it will then become 90% manufacturing instead of all the R&D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR   Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmo Darts Fit Shaft GEAR

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-