We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNeed some advice LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Need some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am

Leaving the cosmo scene for now. Just getting too expensive for me. Probly drop 50 a month just on flights. Can anyone tell me if these are any good?

http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=833&xSec=101

Also help on some good stems to use with them. I guess they come with rings which means i need a flight punch correct?
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 am

If you get them mac you will have to get the stems that go with them. They will only fit on L style stems..

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 am

cant find the stems, it only says to be used with nylon stems
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:02 am

and these are already punched for rings?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 am

I sold or gave Andy for some Sabers about 10 sets. These are what I used before cosmos. They are excellent flights Mac. Ya can can use them with normal nylon stems and if ya got the rings and punch just do your own. I actually give them a 10 outta 10.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 am

they come pre-punched in either a ring or a champagne ring (pretty much a plastic cap). i like them but they suffer from the same issues as cosmos, mainly price and durability. i loved my set (light blue champagne l-style) but i ripped them within a week and a half of daily use. they fit on most nylon shafts (unless they have weird prongs like the unicorn gripper 2) but i've used them on designas and laro shafts no problems.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 am

Are they not just the normal Target L flights they brought out a few year ago? I used them and liked them but they were about £3 then, now they are closer to £5 so not much cheaper than the Cosmos.

I am feeling the same way about the Cosmos too sadly, but seriously considering the shell punch and caps as a good alternative.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Chalk Is Cheap

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 am

Like Larry said, you can use them with regular flights if you have the punch but the rings work a little differently than normal rings I think. Unless I just assembled mine incorrectly, the ring actually fits on the stem BELOW the flight. It isn't threaded through it like I think the normal rings are. Could be totally wrong by the way as I've never used the regular rings.

Anyway, the cap inserted into the flight seems to serve two purposes as far as I can tell. 1) it gives an incoming point a "slope" to glide along rather than presenting the flat, X shaped end of the stem. 2) it compresses the slots where the flight goes thereby "gripping" the wings of the flight more tightly.

The ring squeezes them even further as you push down on the flight to seat it. I only have the one set, but I gave it a REALLY good tug after I got it seated and it wouldn't even budge. Must be very hard to take out the flight, so not much risk of pop outs.

With the champagne flights, there seems to be very little change of a robin hood unless your dart points are staggeringly sharp since there's no seam in them. 1 piece construction, at least from the point of view of an incoming point.

FWIW I bought the cosmos at the same time and have been testing them both.

My review based on one set and limited time. Both fine products. Both expensive. Cosmos are much easier to use (pop on/pop off) but at least with the set that I have, the spinning action of the Cosmos is looser than the L style. I can feel them rattling a little as I throw and hear a slight sound as they spin in flight. The L style are firmer, don't really rattle at all and only "spin" when another dart hits them.

Hope that helps. Fine product in my uneducated opinion.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am

well I just purchased the whizlock punch also, thanks for all the great tips! I found the Target L flights for 5 pounds for two sets which included the rings. Also bought a bunch of normal flights to punch and a bunch of different stems. See what happens
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Funny. When I made my last purchase a couple weeks ago, I had a set of Cosmos in the cart and at the last minute checking out, I took them out. I was afraid of liking them too much at that price!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some advice   Need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1