We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesbit of help repointing darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

bit of help repointing darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

bit of help repointing darts Empty
PostSubject: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey Lads,

When my season stops in about 4 weeks I want to get my Phase 6 darts repointed.

I have had both sets repointed just 2 months ago, but the person who did it here had all sorts of problems with repointing them and to be frank the points are feeling a little bit loose at times....so I want them done properly. They are unicorn darts and my pride and joy, so looking for them to be done professionally. Don't know if anyone on the site is confident enough to do them, or if anyone has recommendations of a professional service. I am not giving them to well intentioned mates, because I want them perfect.

The reason I want them done again is that I really need board gripper points, without them with my action the darts fall out the board rather than bounce outs. So once again any thoughts on what the best points might be for them....I see a lot of you use storm points.....never used them or seen them but a good choice??? let me know and do they fit into unicorn phase 6 darts. I have 2 sets of darts that I want to get done separately so if you can help or point me in the direction of a fabulous repointer on the internet I would so very much appreciate it

thanks
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:10 am

Hey Bovrilheid I use board gripper points me self mate. I bought the cheap 180 re pointer and it works for me like a charm. To use it you must have two pair of pliers though cause to turn the little wing nut is next to impossible. Heres even a utube video to show ya how to do it. I recommend getting your own re-pointer because just after using it a few times you got your money back. If ya buy don't forget to use the discount code mate.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Larry what is the discount code for A180?

Thanks for the reply man...I think I might just buy that
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:00 pm

I've got the Harrow's version of the same machine - I would definitely agree you need some pliers for the top wing nut lol.

I've repointed a few sets now with all sorts of points - even the Target Storm points - and never had a problem with the machine.

It's a good investment if you are going to do a few sets - you could even start your own repointing service for your team mates if they supply the points.
Back to top Go down
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:46 pm

bought the cheaper version at £35 here's hoping it is worth it

thanks everyone for your advice...top comments
Back to top Go down
JEDI

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Bovrilheid wrote:
bought the cheaper version at £35 here's hoping it is worth it

thanks everyone for your advice...top comments

I use the designer repointing tool, basically the same tool, it should work fine, any problems with it and you can find me i can explain somthings which may not be apparent, like why is the point not in straight for example, like i said any problems and i will try and help you

Last edited by JEDI on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Bovrilheid wrote:
Larry what is the discount code for A180?

Thanks for the reply man...I think I might just buy that

Pm sent
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Bov,
If you want board gripping points then the storms are not what you are looking for! I use the storm grippers but the gripper part of the storms is a finger grip not a board gripper. My storms never go into the board far enough for the grip part to hold them. If you are looking for something to grip the board then i would probably suggest something like these.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:35 pm

I have to agree with Hat. The diamond points are fantastic IMO. Just watch yourself the first couple hundred times you pull them from the board. I have pulled my back out lol. They will wear down over time but even then better than most.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Mate,

Storm points are great and yes they do fit into Phase 6s as I put some in mine and they were great, really improved the grouping for me. However, as has already been said, Target don't make a Storm point that is a board gripper (as far as I am aware), just a grip for finger placement on the point. Great points, and great for Phase 6s, but not what you are looking for!

As far as the Target diamond points go, they are a great point if you want something to grip the board, but as has already been said, at first they are board wreckers!
Back to top Go down
JEDI

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 am

heres a tip for ya, twist or twizzle the dart when pulling it out of the board it causes less dammage ( i.e. loads of sissle doesnt pull out too!) darts throw

Last edited by JEDI on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 am

Jedi is right, i twist mine out and it helps alot. it becomes habit after a while
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:37 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm

I find storm points are grippy'er, but like every one else above would recommend the diamond points for board grip.

Would even recommend two sets of darts, one with grippers for tourneys and one with out for practice so you dont ruin your home board. Thats what I do Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Vallyr wrote:
I find storm points are grippy'er, but like every one else above would recommend the diamond points for board grip.

Would even recommend two sets of darts, one with grippers for tourneys and one with out for practice so you dont ruin your home board. Thats what I do Very Happy .

I use to do that when I was throwing 22's. I had 2 sets one set was for home the other comp. The comp ones I would very quickly and lightly put them on my belt sander (finest grip pref dull)but just the first 5mm to 10mm of the tip. Bye doing just the front of the tip rather than the whole thing I found that they would go in further because there is less traction over the entire surface area. you only need the front of the tip done because if the dart is guna fall out then it hasent penatrated deep enough to warrent grip at the rear of the tip.
with an hour a day practice this method lasts about a week and a half of full sticky goodness then it gets less grippy but still detter than nothing then its just a matter of a quick zip and voila you dont need to over doo it and you just try and do the sides if the tip. I have done this method to a set that I had for 6 month and the tips still had ages left in them.
I dont have two of the same sets anymore but I still use this method and twist my darts out. Yes it is guna take life outa the board but I want a blade 4 anyway Laughing
Iv had darts literally hanging there and still throw at my target (in practice) and cant knock it out.

When I finaly get a set of storm point I will have no hesitation in doing this to them but JUST the fromt part from the red line toward the point.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am

You dont need to spend good money on gripper points just get a piece of wet and Dry sand paper and hold it around the point and twist your darts and that roughs up the point enough to grip the board. You can do that every couple of weeks and it works a treat I do that with my Target Storm points on both the smooth and the FINGER grip ones. Those Diamond points pull the bristles out of your board so I dont like them but that's just my preference and they wear down quickly
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:22 am

I do the same as Big Gun. A bit of sand paper, twist and pull your dart out of the paper. Works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:16 pm

AM-TECH DIAMOND WHETSTONE SHARPENING STONE KEY CHAIN TOOL i use this to keep my darts have plenty of grip i got it off ebay for £2 thats with delivery aswell plus its good cos you keep it in your dart case aswell [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bit of help repointing darts   bit of help repointing darts Empty

Back to top Go down

bit of help repointing darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1