We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesChanging Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Changing Flight Shape/Type

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimbob 2705

Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 am

A180darts wrote:
here in the a180 shop we have learned so much over the years, darts are 70% important,.
But your flights and shafts play a big part in how your darts fly,
if you can play just as good with small ones do it,
But Quite a few use slim or DXm Like phil taylor, but the darts fly very bad and affects there game .
In this case keep to standard or the V180 flights, or Unicorn tough as they slightly smaller,
hope that info helps someone
Can I ask why you say play with small ones if you can? Is it simply because they allow closer grouping?

Thanks,

James
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 am

Has less chance of deflecting the other darts and more aerodynamic
Back to top Go down
Robbie the Robot

Robbie the Robot

PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm

IMO, it's more complex than just the angle, speed, etc...
It's a somewhat complex combination of everything.
One thing that dictates your choices is your release. If you don't release the dart cleanly and straight your choices are limited to big flights. I don't agree that you should shoot the smallest ones you can throw. You think Wade, Lewis and Witlock can't throw smaller flights? The standard flight gives them an optimal entry path. Mark Walsh uses a Kite to get the most beneficial results.
When Barney first switched over to the PDC he tried to throw like Taylor, slim flights and stacking his darts. It worked for a while, but I have a feeling he went through the same thing I went through when I switched from Pears to Royden Lam's signature flight a year ago. Result?
Drum roll..... Consistency = Confidence. At times I felt I couldn't miss. If you throw 12 dart 501, followed by 26 darter, then 14 darter, then 24 darter, you don't know what to expect and aren't as confident in that next game. If you throw 18, 18, 17, you're pretty confident in that you can get the job done in 18 darts.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Good point Robbie, nice post good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
basketcasE

PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 pm

those look brazed at the center seam. i was contemplating doing similar w/ my alum can flights... but i'd rather throw.

perhaps one day if someone breaks in to steal my board... and leaves my darts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Flight Shape/Type   Changing Flight Shape/Type - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Flight Shape/Type

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2